Somebody PLEASE make me feel better about the NAVIGATOR!

Just booked a balcony (suites were sold out) for transatlantic in November on Navigator. Been on the Voyager class and like it. But reading some bad reviews about the Navigator, that food is not up to par and it is past it's date for renovations, still has tube tv's and showing wear. Going to be on this ship for two weeks and hope not to regret it. Got a great price but wondering if I should have splurged for Independence or maybe Celebrity. Somebody who's been on Navigator recently, please let me know your experience.... Thanks!!!

We were on Navigator in February. Really nice ship with wonderful ice show.

Don't take too much stock in the reviews. People love to complain. Food is subjective, but we enjoyed the new menu.

Stop fretting and enjoy!

Say to yourself.. 'If is see carpet that shows some wear and I have tube tv in my room, do I really care?'. Exactly. You are on a voyager class ship that is still my personal favorite class. You will have FUN

Happy cruising and BTW. Very jealous of the trans cruise!!!

We were faced with the same bad reviews before going on Independence and we had a great time, on a wonderful ship, with extremely friendly and helpful staff. Our cruise did not match any of the bad reviews we read as I am sure yours will not either. Have a great cruise. I have been on Navigator but it has been a few years ago.

We were on the Navigator in December and all I can tell you is I was also worried after reading reviews. I lowered my expectations slightly prior to sailing, but was shocked upon boarding. The ship was literally in pristine condition. The only thing that needed a little updating was the in stateroom TV and carpet. Everything else was literally spotless and up to or above par. The pool deck/jogging track looked fresh and the public spaces looked new.

I wouldn't hesitate a bit to sail on Navigator again. In fact, after that sailing, it is one of my favorite ships. Enjoy!!!

I love the Navigator. Actually, I don't dislike any Royal Caribbean ship. I just love some more than others. ;)

I have sailed on her three times and enjoyed all of those cruises.

Does it really matter what kind of TV you are watching a show on? It will look the same. :)

Just got off the NOS. Personally, we had no issues with the food. We ate every dinner in the main dining room. We enjoyed this ship so much, we have booked for next year out of Galveston. She is a grand ship! Enjoy your time and perhaps a suite will open up! ;)

I was on her for her last cruise out of NOLA before she moved and had a good cruise at a great rate.

Some couple from the UK asked me if I thought the shows were not as good as they remember from other cruises, and thats possible. I wasnt bowled over by the shows, but enjoyed everything else.

We had great end of caribbean season sales. By the end of the week 75% off stuff. I got like 10 of those rum coffees, and rum cream coffees they sell onboard and the change color Del Sol stuff for everyone. Sure cant complain about prices.

I think you should put it out of your mind and enjoy it, we are sailing on Explorer in September which has not yet been renovated, I would prefer the extra bells and whistles but Voyager class still have so much more to offer. Given a choice of a week on Navigator or a week at home it would be no contest. Just think of the pools, solarium, ice rink, royal promenade, viking crown, it's all there. Have a great cruise.

Don't worry at all - we were on Navigator with our family last March and I had the same concerns, having previously sailed on the freedom class Independence of the Seas. We loved the Navigator and our teenagers didn't miss not having the flowrider at all. We had plenty of things to do, and so did the kids. My favourite thing of all was the solarium - we spent lots of time there. Food was excellent and we would sail on her again in a heartbeat.

I just got off the Navigator of the Seas 2 weeks ago and the ship all seemed fine. Food was very tasty although of course they are on the new menus, which I realise not everyone is thrilled about. But I really enjoyed all the food!

I had sailed on Grandeur after the upgrade in Sep 2012, and honestly, the only difference in terms of 'upgrade' that I would notice was the TVs in the staterooms and then also they had really nice interactive TVs in all the corridors etc which you could use to get maps and menus etc... I did miss the interactive TVs but the information was all there anyway, and the TV in the stateroom really didn't matter as on the Grandeur they don't have interactive TVs anyway, so I liked having that feature again.

While the shows were fantastic, I didn't like the singers for whatever reason. I can't put my finger on it, but I just didn't click with them. But the shows were still incredible, their voices were great, dancers were wonderful and I loved having the ice show. I had really missed that while on Grandeur!

I was on the same cruise as firefly333 in late March/early April, and I didn't see any problems at all.

As has been said, food is very subjective, but if you don't like the entree you get in the MDR, just ask for a different one -- I find it highly unlikely that not a single entree will be edible!

The staff went out of their way to make everyone happy, and I'm already planning on a trip on the NOS again next March with some friends I met on this last cruise.

Relax and enjoy....

I was on the Navigator the first week of April, and she seemed to be in good shape to me. I can't think of any part of the ship where we noticed wear issues. We were actually in a suite and had a flat-panel TV in the room. I'm not sure if other cabins had that or not. (We're not usually suite people; this was a splurge for us.) But...we really didn't spend any significant time watching TV in the room.

As for the food - we enjoyed that. We dined in the MDR 6 out of 7 nights and one night at Portofino. We excellent service in both places, and the food ranged from good to excellent.

Just booked a balcony (suites were sold out) for transatlantic in November on Navigator. Been on the Voyager class and like it. But reading some bad reviews about the Navigator, that food is not up to par and it is past it's date for renovations, still has tube tv's and showing wear. Going to be on this ship for two weeks and hope not to regret it. Got a great price but wondering if I should have splurged for Independence or maybe Celebrity. Somebody who's been on Navigator recently, please let me know your experience.... Thanks!!!

We were on the navigator last year in the med and loved:) her so much we are now going on the Liberty western Med this june hope Liberty is as fantastic as Navigator

We have sailed Navigator 6 times and love the ship.;)

It is 1 of my favorite ships with Indy and Jewel being the other 2 ships that I like about equally.

The staff and service are really great and never any complaints about the food.:)

So don't worry and enjoy your Navigator cruise. I am sure you will have a great time.

I was on that Transatlantic last year. She had a few blemishes, mostly in the cabins, but the crew was great and I had such a good time that I'm going on it again this year.

That should tell you what I think of Navigator - I can't wait.

We're going to have a blast!

I was on Navigator for 5 nights in 2011 followed immediately by 6 nights on Liberty (Liberty had just received the upgrades). I found both equally enjoyable.

Explorer is really showing its age compared to Navigator - mainly because of the two different designs (Navigator and Mariner are true twins - Explorer/Adventure/Voyager are true triplets). Yet I went on Explorer for my honeymoon in June and really enjoyed that ship too.

If I paid attn to the negative reviews, I would not have been on as many cruises as I have.

We were on the Brilliance last year and thought she was a beautiful ship. I read a review from someone who cruised the week after me, and learned that she was definately showing her age, and in need of updates.

Go in with a positive attitude (not one where you are searching for blemishes) and you should be fine. :)

I also had some concerns regarding the state of the ship, not so much the food, so I am so glad you asked this question! It is very good to hear all the positive responses. I sail on her just before you do in late October and I can also put my mind at ease knowing that we should have a good experience onboard. Not too worried about the flat screens, after all I still have the big box tv's at home. :D

We have enough confidence in the Navigator to have booked a B2B this fall. We're also treating our two young adult children to the first leg of the cruise. I know she's not as updated and glamorous as her sibling ships but I'm not going to nitpick about it. The price was great, the itinerary is going to be fantastic, and we're on vacation. I trust Royal to give us a quality cruise and I know they'll deliver. ;)

Archived