My Cuba Cruise

Balloon Man

Thought I'd attach a copy of the tourist card in question with the entry requirements. Seems simple enough.

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af114/Yarkerhill/Cuba-Tourist-Card-300x264.gif

I was not aware one could view all the photobucket content other than the stated item. I'll have to be vigilant...

The rack of Lamb was presented at a most travelled luncheon, which is no longer held unfortunately. When we first started cruising this sort of meal was just daily fair. Now even in the specialty restaurants it is limited. Oh for the good old days...

The atomic powered sub was photographed in the Panama Canal as we passed one another near the locks.

the tourist card exactly the same one we are given on the plane before we arrive in Cuba.. they are simple, just a word of caution don't make a mistake on it. Make sure is correct, if you make a mistake on it, they may want 8 CUC (Cuban currency) for another one. I sure wish I was on that ship. Maybe one day.

HI all!

Looks like there's a big push on to fill cabins! In the w/e Toronto Star there was an ad offering 2 for 1 on the 1st 2 sailings & Kids sail Free on some additional ones.

There was also a story about Granma with a sidebar about these cruises saying " the sailings are expected to be very popular with American tourists who will be able to visit Cuba legally for the first time since the 1950's through a program called Roads Scholar that has partnered with Cuba Cruise" then giving the cubacruise website.

I wonder what percentage of cabins have to be sold to make it profitable?

Have a nice weekend!

~ Jo ~ :)

Americans have gone legally for years now if they have a permit for educational purposes. For excursions look on trip advisor the sister page to cruise critic for some great guides in Havana. Should be interesting see what they offer for excursions in the other ports in the other areas of Cuba

I see the web site

http://portal.barbadosport.com/voyages/?type=cruise&view=calendar

shows the Louis Crystal in Port of Barbados Sunday, December 8th:)

Alas. My tracking site first gave us Saturday and then changed it to Sunday and so we thought, it will get there when it gets there :(

No hope of catching a glimpse of her with the Barbados webcam shut down. And, as there are no webcams in the Havana port, we'll see her when we see her :(

Have I have been behaving like a Doubting Thomas?....:D

HI all!

insider1649 ~ thanks for the link & info.:D Some Americans seem confused as to whether they can go there & lots would like to from what I read on these boards. I didn't know the penalty for filling the Tourst card out incorrectly but was worried with the small spaces that I might put the date in wrong!

ONT-CA ~ no, not a doubting Thomas, just an excited soon to be cruiser on the ship in question! It would have been nice to see her in port but que cera.

Just one week from tomorrow our ship sails!!

Have a great week! I wonder if Mo Bay has a webcam?

~ Jo ~ :)

We are very interested in Your Cuba and eagerly await reviews or any other info from the first passengers. Please share whatever you can. As US citizens & passport holders, gaining entrance may be an issue. We can certainly travel to Cuba on an approved land tour. But this cruise is very attractive, especially the multiple ports in ares other than Havana.

We are very interested in Your Cuba and eagerly await reviews or any other info from the first passengers. Please share whatever you can. As US citizens & passport holders, gaining entrance may be an issue. We can certainly travel to Cuba on an approved land tour. But this cruise is very attractive, especially the multiple ports in ares other than Havana.

I read that a US tour company called "Road Tour" is doing legal tours to Cuba which include this cruise.

LOUIS CRISTAL

Flag: Malta

Ship Type: Passengers ship

Speed/Course: 13.9 kn / 306˚

Length x Breadth: 162 m X 24 m

Draught: 6 m

Destination: HAVANA

ETA: 2013-12-13 03:00 (UTC)

Received (1078): 2h 23min ago

(AIS Source: Ti Kai Services, Monier)

When you click upon the word HAVANA in the above you are taken to the ships location. By continuously reducing the image (-) you will see where she is at last report. Blue coloured ships are passenger ships

Edited by ONT-CA

HI all!

ONT-CA ~ very interesting!! Thanks for posting that.:D I almost came to Kingston today for Red Lobster but the snowfall we got suddenly yesterday put the kibosh on that plan!:(

I was checking the cruise page & I think they may have added an excursion or 2. Has anyone booked any yet? I'm still thinking Tropicana as we've never made it there, although Night Walk in Havana sounds good too.

We've been to Santiago de Cuba, Havana & Pinar del Rio before so might just walk around the port area there. Most of the excursions seem so long altho' there are a couple of short ones.

Have a nice weekend. Monday some will be sailing on the Louis Cristal!!

~ Jo ~:)

In tracking the Louis Cristal via the Intertnet systems on through the Med and onto the Atlantic on it's South-western course, as soon as it entered into Cuban territorial waters it ceased to exist. How childish the world seems at times.

Edited by ONT-CA

Can't wait to read the first reviews about the Louis Cristal and the first cruise around Cuba ........ we are anxiously awaiting our turn - Jan. 10. Thanks to all of you for the information and comments in this site. I, too, was watching the progress of the ship - until is wasn't there any more! I guess it wasn't my inept use of the computer which caused me to lose the ship! :)

Hello to all sitting in on this very exciting thread.

Tonight I am observing sadly, because we are not on it, but, joyfully, because the first of the Louis Cristal cruises for the 2013/14 season is now showing on my tracking as just having departed its berth in Havana harbour and is now just outside of the harbour and making its turn to begin its journey to the south. This is the very cruise that we had hoped to join but because of various circumstances of work and an unexpected family death, we were not able to fulfill this dream this year. Truly, we wish the company organizing these cruises a very great and successful season so that they will be able to continue in future years. We wish this not only for the organizing company but also for the people of Cuba who need the opportunities to improve their incomes. I am also sorry that we will not be able to report to all of you, as I had hoped, on just how was the ship, the visits at the various ports and how everyone handles all of the details that have to be in place for this unique and historic endeavour. Bon voyage Louis Cristal!

And thanks to all of you who have contributed here to make reading this thread almost as exciting as the cruise.

Regards to all,

Barbara

Barbara: My sentiments exactly. We are two Yanks who would love to cruise on the Louis Crystal and see the entire island of Cuba in this fashion. I hope this all works out and that US citizens can take advantage of this travel opportunity. So maybe in 2014 or 2015 for us???

What a shame bjm07 that you are not aboard for obviously you too have caught this Louis Cristal Cuba bound fever. We could have well used your input to pave our way for an exciting boarding to the reluctant disembarkation. We do hope that there are others aboard who feel as we do and who will report, as we certainly will do, so that you then will be better prepared for your sailing when the opportunity presents itself.

I am so sorry that circumstances made it impossible for you to be on this cruise Barbara. I know we would have loved to hear from you along the way.

We are booked on this cruise on January 17th and are following this thread with great anticipation. Can't wait to hear from someone who is actually on the ship! We plan to post on this thread as soon as can during, or after the cruise. I am not sure how available WIFI is in Cuba. It has been a long time since we were on the island so we will have to wait and see.

I'm really enjoying everyone else's input here. Thanks to everybody for posting.