Honey...I'm home : ) (off Grandeur)

Did they sound the emergency signal to wake everybody, or did they just make an announcement and knock on your doors?

And if they did blow the signal, was it constant or did it just go off once?

Just curious.

Does anyone know the status of the crew? Will they stay with the ship for now?:confused:

And welcome home! You'll have great stories to tell about your 15th anniversary celebration!

Welcome back. It is so refreshing to hear from someone who truly knows how to make lemonade! Hope the rest of your vacation is great. Just think, you now have stories to tell for eons.

First - thanks for your reports, welcome home, and enjoy the rest of your vacation.

When you get the chance:

1. Do you know if passengers in suites were treated any differently in terms of flights home, communications from conceirge/ship, etc.?

2. Do you know how passengers without passports made out?

Thanks again.

Our Experience was very negative. Our assigned time (8p.m.) was taken by other passengers who had earlier flights and we waited on deck 1 for over a hour until they could get a bus to take us to the airport. Our nightmare continued until we finally got a RC rep to come into our "locked area of the waiting to board room" which took until 1:10a.m. The so called "nice RC reps outside placing us in lines to get our boarding pass would not enter our area and help us.....didn't want to deal with our crisis!! We were not given seat assignments and the 11 p.m. passengers got on the plane first. Finally, got on the plane and at 2:25a.m. we left for B-more. We arrived at 4:30a.m.....our experience was a nightmare especially carrying our own luggage everywhere....cabin to bus, etc....experiencing disorganization ..... I could go on but the fire incident was minor compared to our disembarking....

Wow...getting out a Freeport was a nightmare...lol. Not sure RCCL could have done any more than they could though. Our 4pm flight finally arrived around 11 something last night in Baltimore. There are going to be horror stories....one plane sat at Freeport airport filled with passengers for 5 hours and I don't know why. An entire flight had their baggage lost. (they had a layover I think). Once we got to Bmore it was great except for the hotel checkin which was our final line to stand in after a very very long day.

They had a very nice set up at the airport...every 10 feet or so we were lead along the way and welcome by a standing RCCL rep. Welcome home..we are glad to see you. Hotel rooms were offered..$125 pp for incidentals will be refunded to us with reciepts. The Port of Baltimore is refunding our entire parking stay...you go BMORE!!!

Finally time to cut the umbilicial cord now. My DH and I are leaving in 30 mins to finish our vacation on the beach in OCMD. We got a really nice room. We made some very good friends thru this ordeal. In fact I think we had a very nice pizza/wine/beer party in the lobby of the hotel until after 2am.

I will be happy to answer any questions : )

Weather over South Florida last night was wicked, Freeport is close, so maybe that was some of the delays. I did hear one of the charters from RCI did stop here.

Did they offer you guys to stay the week in Freeport? Was that an option?

Welcome back. It is so refreshing to hear from someone who truly knows how to make lemonade! Hope the rest of your vacation is great. Just think, you now have stories to tell for eons.

Perfect welcome back post - thanks Geri :)

Dharma you are an inspiration you have proven we prefer non-tabloid reporting!!!!

Our Experience was very negative. Our assigned time (8p.m.) was taken by other passengers who had earlier flights and we waited on deck 1 for over a hour until they could get a bus to take us to the airport. Our nightmare continued until we finally got a RC rep to come into our "locked area of the waiting to board room" which took until 1:10a.m. The so called "nice RC reps outside placing us in lines to get our boarding pass would not enter our area and help us.....didn't want to deal with our crisis!! We were not given seat assignments and the 11 p.m. passengers got on the plane first. Finally, got on the plane and at 2:25a.m. we left for B-more. We arrived at 4:30a.m.....our experience was a nightmare especially carrying our own luggage everywhere....cabin to bus, etc....experiencing disorganization ..... I could go on but the fire incident was minor compared to our disembarking....

yikes. i am sure this was a very stressful situation as well.

Wow - what a mess. I feel especially for seniors caught in that situation, although frankly I wouldn't have done well either. Welcome home to you and thanks for the report.

I will be happy to answer any questions : )

Why yes I do. First and foremost, thank you for all of your posts and updates and I am glad that you and all guests and crew are okay.

In the news I read, "We were awoken by announcements."

I'm curious to know if, at any time, the alarm bells were sounded with seven short, one long?

Technical question, I know, but am quite curious.

Thanks Dharma517 !

Dharma, thank you for keeping your cool in a tough situation. I'm glad RCI came through for you!!!

Patty, I'm sorry for the situation you had to go through. I have to assume it's difficult to deal with all the cruise passengers in a timely manner, however, you should write to the corporate office if you feel really slighted.

God Bless You Both! Mary

Yes!! And the captain warned us first before he did it. We were in muster and people were missing.

Why yes I do. First and foremost, thank you for all of your posts and updates and I am glad that you and all guests and crew are okay.

In the news I read, "We were awoken by announcements."

I'm curious to know if, at any time, the alarm bells were sounded with seven short, one long?

Technical question, I know, but am quite curious.

Thanks Dharma517 !

Patty...we had a 4pm departure and sat in the centrum until 4:30. But we're asked to report at 1:30pm. We got to the airport around 5:10ish and our flight was closed so they put us on later flight. I am guessing that is what happened with your flight as well. We sat on the tarmac til 8pm. Arrived in bmore around 10. Hotel around in line at 12:15am. Pretty much luggage was on ur own once u left the ship and I think it was very hard on the older passengers. I did see that but people were helping out. I feel for you having that later flight.

QUOTE=Patty00;38558397]Our Experience was very negative. Our assigned time (8p.m.) was taken by other passengers who had earlier flights and we waited on deck 1 for over a hour until they could get a bus to take us to the airport. Our nightmare continued until we finally got a RC rep to come into our "locked area of the waiting to board room" which took until 1:10a.m. The so called "nice RC reps outside placing us in lines to get our boarding pass would not enter our area and help us.....didn't want to deal with our crisis!! We were not given seat assignments and the 11 p.m. passengers got on the plane first. Finally, got on the plane and at 2:25a.m. we left for B-more. We arrived at 4:30a.m.....our experience was a nightmare especially carrying our own luggage everywhere....cabin to bus, etc....experiencing disorganization ..... I could go on but the fire incident was minor compared to our disembarking....

Archived