If you could put one "chain" restaurant on a ship, what?

Hasn't anyone been to a Carrabba's??? It's the best.

All this talk about Olive Garden and Macoroni Grill and they don't even come close.

I did see someone mention a Maggiono's...that's more on track. Cheesecake Factory would be good as well.

Chris

I have to say, Johny Rockets needs to be replaced by Red Robin - and PF Changs would be a great addition as well. I didn't try Portofino, but will try it next year on the Mariner (if they have it). I was just a little sad that my favorite kind of food (Mexican) was NO WHERE to be found anywhere on the ship. I wouldn't be able to get it if I tried!

That Texas de Brazil place looks pretty good - we have a very similar place here in Denver called Rodizio Grill - also very good and I have been to a place in Vegas just like that called Rumjungle in Mandalay Bay - also yummy. That'd be a pretty cool thing to have on a cruise ship too!

Why not turn the Royal Promenade on the Voyager class ships in to a big food court so we could have several chain restaurants.....

I don't know which smell would be worse wafting thru the ship, cigarettes from "Two Poets Pub" or french fry grease. :eek:

If that's the best you've had, then, my friend, you haven't had good barbeque.

lol. I've eaten in BBQ joints all over the country, and the only place I've found that tops Smokey Bones was this little shack of a place outside of the Aberdeen Proving Grounds.

Hasn't anyone been to a Carrabba's??? It's the best.

Chris

Carrabba's here in Michigan...yum for sure!!

Starbuck's...too bitter for me; but give me a Coffee Beanery Grande Skinny Cafe Mocha no whip with thick froth and a drizzle on top and I'm in heaven!!:D My sister and I will be packing International Delight's Fat Free French Vanilla creamer in our carry-on to make the taste of RC coffee more palatable!

I'm all for:

Margaritaville

Cheesecake Factory

Coldstone Creamery

When my husband managed a Coldstone (back in the day hahaha!) they made all of their ice cream FRESH. I love their cheesecake flavored ice cream with fresh made brownies in it..mmm mmm...

I'm all for:

Margaritaville

Cheesecake Factory

Coldstone Creamery

When my husband managed a Coldstone (back in the day hahaha!) they made all of their ice cream FRESH. I love their cheesecake flavored ice cream with fresh made brownies in it..mmm mmm...

Now my favorite is Cake Batter with Heath Bar....To die for!!!

Cheesecake Factory, Carrabba's, Macaroni Grill, Coldstone Creamery... never mind putting these restaurants on a cruise ship, why don't they open up a chain IN CANADA! :eek:

Although I love the above, I would agree with some of the other posters who said Ruth's Chris.

I could name all sorts of restaurants (I tend to like Outback Steakhouse and Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro) but PUH-LEASE

Would RCI just put some frigging SUSHI on GOS for the love of god??????:eek:

I totally agree! I week without SUSHI is killer for me!!!! I crave it all the time!!!!

I don't think there should be chains. Eating all the different meals is part of the experience. Besides, who would want one of those fake italian restuarants on the ship?? If you think Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill is good, you need to try a real Italian restuarant!!

lol. I've eaten in BBQ joints all over the country, and the only place I've found that tops Smokey Bones was this little shack of a place outside of the Aberdeen Proving Grounds.

Come out here for a visit. I can think of a half dozen joints that put SB to shame with little or no effort. Make sure you've got your cardiologist on speed dial first! :)

I pay enough to cruise without adding to my tab by eating out more than I do. I also think that there are enough chains in the world. I can see it now, a cruise ship with an Applebees, Outback Steakhouse, McDonald's, Starbucks, Cheesecake Factory (although it is good) etc and no more dining room. I know there are people who would welcome it but that kind of dining does not appeal to me. If I want to eat at Outback I can go there whenever I want. I would not patronize a cruiseship that offered it.

Archived