Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Thanks for all the photos!! It does show nicely how small the main pool area is! Can they actually even get many lounge chairs around the pool area? It looks very tight.

It will be interesting to see how the area with the retractable roof over the pool since they will need desparately need that open space on warm weather days.

I think that'll be one reason they moved the screen - I prefer the deck now having been opened up. It looks like a similar sized space to the Solstice class and they fit a lot of chairs in that space

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It does indeed. I notice too that the previously missing satellite antenna is there now...!

Hello there everyone,

I wonder if they've made the decision to move the screen so that you can have an uninterrupted view of the North Star? I suppose if you were behind the screen or even walking forward towards it, you mightn't get a full view if the screen was there.

Just a thought.

Lesley

x

It's very strange that they moved the screen. Not a great place at all! Perhaps it had something to do with the weight balance of the ship? :confused:

That screen weighs so little it would have no effect on the overall balance of the ship.

I think that'll be one reason they moved the screen - I prefer the deck now having been opened up. It looks like a similar sized space to the Solstice class and they fit a lot of chairs in that space

The difference is on the Solstice Class one of the pools is not a kids play area. They are all regular pools. I'm not a fan of the screen being moved because I feel it will turn this entire outdoor deck into a large kids play area. At least with the screen in the center, it gave some separation to the kids H20 area and the main pool which adults will use. On all the other Royal Caribbean ships the kid's H20 area is separated which is better for the adults in the main pools. Not sure how this set up on QUANTUM will work. I won't have to worry about it on my maiden crossing cruise, but in the Caribbean during school breaks I can see (and hear) it already. The only outdoor pool on the ship is going to be very noisy between the TV screen and the kids wave pool right next door, and I'm guessing very crowded too.

The difference is on the Solstice Class one of the pools is not a kids play area. They are all regular pools. I'm not a fan of the screen being moved because I feel it will turn this entire outdoor deck into a large kids play area. At least with the screen in the center, it gave some separation to the kids H20 area and the main pool which adults will use. On all the other Royal Caribbean ships the kid's H20 area is separated which is better for the adults in the main pools. Not sure how this set up on QUANTUM will work. I won't have to worry about it on my maiden crossing cruise, but in the Caribbean during school breaks I can see (and hear) it already. The only outdoor pool on the ship is going to be very noisy between the TV screen and the kids wave pool right next door, and I'm guessing very crowded too.

I'm not worried. The indoor pool will have its roof open. I think they've figured out how to make/install a working retractable roof by now. They keep marketing this as a "smart ship" after all. 1 outdoor, 1 outdoor/indoor pool....A kiddies area,...Solarium tri-pool up FWD. I think Quantum will have plenty of pool space on-board.

Edited by hitaway4

Quantum of the Seas will not go to dry dock in Hamburg this weekend, as Meyer Werft said today. There will be low water in the Elbe, so they can't dock at the Blohm&Voss shipyard in Hamburg. Quantum will return to Bremerhaven tomorrow morning. If and when the ship will undergo a dry-docking is not sure yet.

But still, the ship will be delivered punctual next week.

Quantum of the Seas will not go to dry dock in Hamburg this weekend, as Meyer Werft said today. There will be low water in the Elbe, so they can't dock at the Blohm&Voss shipyard in Hamburg. Quantum will return to Bremerhaven tomorrow morning. If and when the ship will undergo a dry-docking is not sure yet.

It's weird to think that the water level is to low to reach the dry dock when Oasis just departed from that dry dock a couple days ago.

ec83481cbf369b208b801143e90908d1.jpg

Is it possible that the whole assembly was just sitting there temporarily for convenience but was never meant to go there? It's just hard to believe such a big design change would happen so late in the game. Did the screen ever work in that position?

Edited by kemenyg

Is it possible that the whole assembly was just sitting there temporarily for convenience but was never meant to go there? It's just hard to believe such a big design change would happen so late in the game. Did the screen ever work in that position?

All of the concept art and CGI video renderings also showed it there. The new setup does not use any of that assembly. The screen appears to be attached to the deck from behind now rather than having any kind of base and stand so it would be a waste to build all that just to hold her for a few weeks.

Does anybody know if they can make the adjustments needed at Bremerhaven? I'm still not convinced they are going to be on schedule.

Does anybody know if they can make the adjustments needed at Bremerhaven? I'm still not convinced they are going to be on schedule.

They should be able to do the adjustments to the scrubbers, but the fact that they even thought about a dry dock is a fairly clear sign that the thrusters must be fully accessible to adjust properly and will not be possible in the wet dock.

Edited by DEIx15x8

It is possible, that Quantum will go to Hamburg tomorrow. We will see...

Well, as I heard today, the ship will be delivered on schedule, but could be not 100 per cent finished then.