House wine change request

It sounds like everyone is in agreement that the house wine is horrible

It seems funny that they upgrade everything when you upgrade to the premium package except

Does anyone have a clue who we could talk to or write and ask them to consider a change? You never know

You have 20 or 30 on just a couple treads about this....with some friendly notes asking for a change....like I said you never know

At the very least everyone concerned should add that to their comment cards

You're right,it's worth a shot! We're on Splendour in July.if the new house wine is terrible, I'll make a point of emailing Adam Goldstein! Wine and beer outsell spirits generally, so it's time to acknowledge, and cater to their customers' tastes.

It was St. Martin on the Enchantment a few weeks back. Not great, but better than LaTerrible.
I don't think the point is so much that one current house wine may be better than another, but that like Celebrity, Royal Caribbean should include additional wines in its "premium" package.

I don't think the point is so much that one current house wine may be better than another, but that like Celebrity, Royal Caribbean should include additional wines in its "premium" package.

Yes, I agree. And they should give credit if a more expensive wine is chosen, like Celebrity.

It sounds like everyone is in agreement that the house wine is horrible

It seems funny that they upgrade everything when you upgrade to the premium package except

Does anyone have a clue who we could talk to or write and ask them to consider a change? You never know

You have 20 or 30 on just a couple treads about this....with some friendly notes asking for a change....like I said you never know

At the very least everyone concerned should add that to their comment cards

Not me I like the house wine!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_K

That is exactly what I was trying to say...if you upgrade to premium they should upgrade the choice of wine. Hope RC will consider this

Is it still Chardonnay?

Is there any rose?

Thanks

There is a white, but I don't remember the varietal. People have reported Berenger Wite Zin for the Rose. However this can all be different when you board the ship. Best to wait to purchase until you board.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_K

That is exactly what I was trying to say...if you upgrade to premium they should upgrade the choice of wine. Hope RC will consider this

While I fully agree with you, the Celebrity drink package is fifteen percent more than the RCI package. Celebrity adds gratuities, RCI does not. I would prefer to pay the extra to have the Celebrity package.

Not me I like the house wine!

Thank you!

I agree and to reinforce your comment I have NEVER seen anyone turn down the house wine in the Diamond or D+ Lounge.

As a matter of fact, they often run out of bottles and have to bring in more!

Thank you!

I agree and to reinforce your comment I have NEVER seen anyone turn down the house wine in the Diamond or D+ Lounge.

We did when the house wine was La Terre. It gave my daughter headaches. She has no problems with the St. Martin.

Are you sure? I thought the drinks package was plus gratuities??

Royal Caribbean - gratuities are included in the $54 Premium package. Total price is $54.

Celebrity- gratuities (15%) are added to the $54 Premium package. Total Price is $62.1.

So, there is a difference of approximately $8.10. Gotta read the small print.

Royal Caribbean - gratuities are included in the $54 Premium package. Total price is $54.

Celebrity- gratuities (15%) are added to the $54 Premium package. Total Price is $62.1.

So, there is a difference of approximately $8.10. Gotta read the small print.

Not a huge deal, but Royal's price is $55 per day for the Premium package. And you are correct that Royal's price includes gratuity.

Thank you!

We don't drink La Terra even for free. When we are meeting friends for the D/D+ EVENT (where that is basically the only choice) we take out our sea pass card and buy a glass we like.

If we are on a CL or DL we have other drink choices.

M

Archived