Bob Dickinson's back?

Carnival can use him and obviously they feel he can help get things back on track. Too bad Cahill dismissed most of the experienced executives at Carnival. So much great talent was told to hit the road. Carnival's loss, but competing cruise lines' gain since many were hired up instantly.

Dickinson's role will be to consult with all the North American based brands of Carnival Corp, but somehow I feel the majority of his time will be spent with Carnival Cruise Lines. They are based in Miami and Dickinson lives in Miami, plus he has all the experience running the line. Princess, Holland America, and Seabourn seem to be doing just fine, but Carnival is another story.

What good news!

Dear Mr. Dickinson:

Bring back the brochures for Carnival Cruise Line! It is hard to book a cruise when one does not know what the choices are! Many of us do not like "shopping" on-line. We enjoy having a brochure in our hands as we are arm-chair traveling. (That is one of the main ways I have found interesting itineraries that I have traveled.)

Hopefully he will upgrade the wine selection and the food. He was passionate about those when he headed Carnival before. Can't quite see Mac n Cheese or Meatloaf under Bob Dickinson and remember when they carried his wine selections? Maybe there is hope! Cahill came from the corp side, not the cruise side and is not a cruise guy like Bob Dickinson.

What good news!

Dear Mr. Dickinson:

Bring back the brochures for Carnival Cruise Line! It is hard to book a cruise when one does not know what the choices are! Many of us do not like "shopping" on-line. We enjoy having a brochure in our hands as we are arm-chair traveling. (That is one of the main ways I have found interesting itineraries that I have traveled.)

Bravo to that! It doesn't have to include pricing as we know what a joke that is, but at least deck plans, cabin descriptions, itineraries, policies, etc. To my knowledge Carnival is the only cruise line that does not produce a brochure.

What good news!

Dear Mr. Dickinson:

This is true for most services recently-these new yungins who spend all their time on their smart phones, are not too smart to understand there are 3 types of people-one, who wants to flip the pages to make a choice, two, the type that never makes a choice but just follows (sheeple) and three the type of person who spends all their time researching on line because they think they know where to look. (these people complain the most):) See? I'm in customer service, whose companies send out email blasts of entire seasons of shows. And you know who doesn't see them? The people who actually buy tickets.:D

Ive seen some posts wishing they would bring him back out of retirement. Carnival must have heard!!!!

I think so too! Of course there are some here that have proclaimed Dickinson's days were long over and it's a new day at CCL. That may be partially true, but now they are eating their words over Dickinson never returning. Won't be the first time they eat their words I assure you.

What good news!

Dear Mr. Dickinson:

Amen I kind of liked my horse and buggy, why all the rush do get somewhere faster????

Amen I kind of liked my horse and buggy, why all the rush do get somewhere faster????

LOL!! :D In all seriousness, I'm sure they did market research before determining that brochures aren't cost-effective.

LOL!! :D In all seriousness, I'm sure they did market research before determining that brochures aren't cost-effective.

Well they are the only cruise line (or major travel company) to do that. Cost effective, maybe, smart - hmmmm.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I guess every other cruise line in the world is wrong, and Carnival is right. Just more cost cutting. Based on Carnival's current performance, I would not put too much faith in their "market research". No doubt Dickinson will also try to mend Carnival's relationship with the travel agent community, which is severely strained at the moment. Most agents don't even want to sell Carnival anymore. Dickinson was loved by the agent community when he ran CCL so I can see this as one of his objectives.

Archived