New menus coming

Yuck. I LIKE the meatloaf, I like the burgers, I like the fried chicken, and I like the lasagna. I prefer some good old iceberg lettuce in my salad rather than a bunch of weeds. Simple food is good food. I don't like pretentious food, but if I did, there are some cruise lines that love to serve it. Carnival should stay Carnival. Yummmmm.

Bob

Doesn't sound very nutritional. Iceberg lettuce is mostly all water - vitamins and minerals are in the dark leafy greens. We can't eat the mac n cheese, meatloaf, burgers on buns, fried chicken or the lasagna because it has gluten in it, so not very good options for us on Carnival. A nice steak, some better seasoned fish and duck and lamb are what we would like to see.

Americans aren't known for eating savory pies but I do enjoy a Tortierre from an old Quebec recipe on New Year's Day.

The Seafood Newburg is sort of a savory pie, at least in concept, the way they do it. It seems like everyone hates it. I don't, but I guess I'm a weirdo.

I thought the dinners in the MDR on the Breeze were uniformly excellent, so I'm a little apprehensive that they're changing the menu... I hope it's good changes (nice additions based on guest comments) rather than bad changes (cutbacks to dishes featuring cheaper ingredients).

Jury's out.

After 13 Carnival cruises, we still love the food! I love the soups and the kids love the grilled chicken! They also order plain mac & cheese for a starter every night so that is available in the MDR. Perhaps my standards are not all that high because we have never had anything bad. I will say that we eat most all our meals in the mdr not the buffet. My neighbor just got off the Magic and thought the food was horrible....say what?:eek: The 2 times we have been on her it was great!! The only thing I've had that I didnt like was the Indian/vegetarian entree. It was 6 or 7 things and I did love the basmati rice and the lentils but whatever the other stuff was tasted horrible! Maybe it was tofu, I dont know but I actually spit it out. (discreetly) Just not my taste. Hopefully if they change the menu they will keep alot of the favorites and the soups!!!

I can't stop laughing. The cutbacks and menu changes weren't successful

I totally agree with you! I do so hope they are changing the menus for the better and seriously not sloppy joes as one poster stated:eek::p.

I think it is great news they are changing the menus. If I wanted meatloaf, fried chicken, hamburgers, etc then I would go to Golden Corral or Denny's.

Spam is the butt of a lot of jokes here and I LOVE it...I eat it at home at least three times per week...fried with my eggs in the morning or grilled Spam and cheese sandwich, yum!!

I would love it if they offered fried Spam in the morning at the buffet instead of that yucky, rubbery, raw bacon.

Rose

I like fried spam too, but eating so much of it is really a bad idea. Look at the ingredience

I have enjoyed the food on all of my carnival cruises. I must admit that I do not eat as many steaks at home as I do on a cruise. The change in menus is good news for me as I did my first Chef's table June 6th aboard the Glory and now I'll probably do it again aboard the Legend in Oct. Happy Camper :D!!

The concern for food and what other people eat is little underwhelming. Is the new status icon being a gourmet, down home, snob or being gluten free? This is your vacation enjoy what you want to eat. Pay extra for what you want. I am foodie but I enjoy the people and places much more. It will be nice to see what changes come. Don't forget the kitchen is cooking for a few thousand people. I enjoyed the hamburger and the duck but more importantly to me, I enjoyed the trip. Being different is a part of life. Peace to everyone. :cool:

Do you have any pictures? On my first Cruise Christmas 2009, I had a duck dinner that was a large breast but on my last cruise it was thinly sliced meat that was an appetizer (and I was still hungry).

I haven't have the duck entree in a while - last time was 2011 and haven't been on a cruise long enough since, but it has been on the 7 day menus at least a couple of times. Sooner or later it will be back.

I really like the duck appetizer - if you want more order 2 or 3 or ?

Anyone wanting just a plain iceberg lettuce salad it is doable. I always tell my waiter the first night I want an iceberg lettuce salad every night and it appears. They are great for doing this for me.

First I've heard of this. I will try it on my next cruise. I love an iceberg salad.

Bob

After 13 Carnival cruises, we still love the food!

As Sarge said -- and he is correct -- most people agree with you.

From what I've seen, the MDR has been overwhelmingly popular on all of my cruises. Other than a selection here or there that somebody doesn't find appealing, nearly all of the people I've ever spent time with in the MDR have enjoyed their meals each night. I've always requested seating assignments at larger tables in order to dine with other guests. Not once did people express an opinion that the food on the whole was unsuitable.

Those who claim that the food on Carnival ships is terrible, and imply that this is somehow a universal truth, are so far off the mark that they impugn their own credibility. How do they explain the difficulty that some have getting seated with YTD? Someone is using all those chairs, night after night.

Okay, now that we've gotten that out of the way, my favorites would be cod (served any way, it's the only fish I eat), more Caribbean and South American influenced dishes, and more vegetarian selections.

Got off the Dream today. We enjoyed the food in the MDR on the nights that we ate there. Unfortunately on three nights of a seven night cruise nothing really appealed to us so we ate in the buffet, the Steakhouse, and ordered room service. Those meals were good. Pasta with roast turkey? Eww... lunches on lido were very good, especially the tandoor and the deli.

BTW, this was my husband's first Carnival cruise and he got the WCMC one night and I kept my mouth shut to hear his opinion. He didn't like it either :p

The only complaint my family has about the mdr menus is that we would like different dessert options. My husband would like a plain chocolate cake and a good pumpkin pie. He usually heads to the buffet for dessert.

Ask for the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake to be baked all the way. On one cruise, the 1st night it was all batter, the 2nd night was all cake and the last night it was finally done correctly (sounds like Goldilocks :eek::D).

Yuck. I LIKE the meatloaf, I like the burgers, I like the fried chicken, and I like the lasagna. I prefer some good old iceberg lettuce in my salad rather than a bunch of weeds. Simple food is good food. I don't like pretentious food, but if I did, there are some cruise lines that love to serve it. Carnival should stay Carnival. Yummmmm.

Bob

Bob - I'm right there with you. I liked the meatloaf also. I will go up to the buffet and get a salad before dinner. Much more of a choice for the add ins.

Bob

im with you, went on RCCL , i didnt liked the food at all! I hope carnival will remain, but upgrade is possible though!

Archived