Elevators on Allure and Oasis

My wife has M.S. and cannot easily use the stairs. I'm considering the Allure of the Seas. My question is: How many passenger elevators does the Allure/Oasis have? I'm very familiar with the voyager class ships -- 6 in the front (2 sets of 3) and 8 in the back (2 sets of 4). So, what does the oasis class have? For those of you who have been on both a voyager class and oasis class, is the wait for an oasis class elevator longer, about the same, or shorter than the voyager class? Thanks.

I didn't count, but felt that the number of elevators were more than sufficient. We never had to wait, except for the usual bottleneck times like after the muster drill or when a show lets out. It was probably less of a wait (or at least the same wait) as Voyager class ships.

Hmmm. Guess my experience was different than the others. After 3 cruises on Voyager class ships, we noticed much longer waits on Oasis. Sometimes it was fine, but if it was anywhere near a peak period, the waits for a non-full elevator were much longer.

Even just trying to get up to the Windjammer from 9am-10:30am for breakfast, it could be a challenge.

We actually prefer the Voyager-class size. Seems to be a better "sweet spot". Although the park on Oasis was a cool addition.

My wife has M.S. and cannot easily use the stairs. I'm considering the Allure of the Seas. My question is: How many passenger elevators does the Allure/Oasis have? I'm very familiar with the voyager class ships -- 6 in the front (2 sets of 3) and 8 in the back (2 sets of 4). So, what does the oasis class have? For those of you who have been on both a voyager class and oasis class, is the wait for an oasis class elevator longer, about the same, or shorter than the voyager class? Thanks.

I also have MS so fully understand your concerns. I cruise with a group that we call ourselves the MSCruisers and was on the Allure a year ago with them. There are 2 large banks with 12 elevators each. One bank is forward and the other mid ship. The only time I had issues with waiting for an elevator was at dinner time or if someone so rudely jump in front of my scooter at the last minute. For the most part the elevators are not an issue. Since I rent a mobility scooter when cruising I always went to the forward bank during the day as they seemed to be faster. The mid ship bank is busy because of the pool and windjammer. Really didn't notice a difference in wait times from other RCCL ships.

We have been on the Oasis and Allure over spring break. We found the aft elevators less busy. After shows and at dinner time we found the elevators quite busy. We learned to ride the elevator the opposite way of the crowd. For example if everyone was going up we would go down to ride it up.

I didn't count but I believe it's 2 sets of 3 on both starboard, port, forward and aft. So that gives you 24 to choose from.

They can be difficult to get on the day of boarding and after shows. But the easiest way to avoid this is to go to the opposite site of the ship where the crowds are not. You can go the full length of the ship through the promenade and entertainment place (deck 4 and 5) without needing to access any stairs or anything.

I don't recall any particularly long elevator waits on either of my Oasis sailings, although the usual caveats apply (right as a show gets out, dinner, etc.). I felt they were less crowded than my Voyager Class experiences.

Have you considered using a wheelchair to help your wife get around easier?

We already use one. She can walk for short distances with a walker, but she uses a wheelchair most of the time. I should have said that in my original post. All the more reason we need an elevator.

As others have said, 12 elevators aft, 12 forward. But each of those sets are broken up, so you have 4 sets of 6 elevators each (you'll be standing in front of 6 elevators at a time, you don't see all 12).

While it wasn't really problematic getting an elevator (except for after musters, shows, etc), once on the elevators, we seemed to stop every floor or every other floor. Not because someone was playing games in the elevator, it's just that many people on them.

Don't get me wrong, we didn't have a problem, just wanted you to go in "eyes open".

Oh, and 1/2 of the elevators are glass all the way around. Kind of cool.

Archived