Awesome time on the Carnival Liberty

outdoors27

Just got off the Liberty this past Saturday 7/20 and I just wanted to put out there that's the Liberty is truly a fun ship to sail on. I'm not going to do a full review but I'd like highlight a few things.

First I think the 2.0 upgrades they did are great. Guy's burgers awesome, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar awesome, Blue Iguana Cantina great food, Punch liner comedy club 4 really good comedians, Camp Carnival Great but some costs I didn't expect (but hey its a vacation).

The Faster to the Fun program was worth the extra $50.00. We were at the terminal at 10:30 and on the ship by 11:30 which made it feel like we had a extra day. The room was ready but the luggage never showed up until after 2:00pm and that was after I found it on a cart near the elevators. Since we had two tender ports the ability to get down to the tenders and not need a tender sticker was great as well. We also got Zone 1 for getting off the ship which would have been great if we had an early flight but we never bothered and just took our time.

My wife and I took our two girls who both celebrated their birthdays on the ship and were treated great. Fernando the Matradee in the Silver Olympian Dinning Room took care of us and especially the girls one particular night. He's truly a professional and honestly one of the first Matradee's that I have truly liked on a ship. Not sure how much longer he has on his contract but I'm sure if you meet him you'll enjoy talking with him. I know he's heading over to the Breeze for his next contract.

The Blue Iguana Tequila Bar on the Lido deck is a fun place to hang out. I think this was a great utilization of space when they did the 2.0 upgrades. What really made this bar fun was the staff, 3 great bar tenders who seemed to have fun doing what they did. Hopefully, you'll have a chance to meet a few of them if you are sailing over the next few months. Boriphant, Gede and and a woman who I can't remember her name. Boriphant is the ring leader and has a great attitude. On deck, especially deck party nights the 3 of them combined were great.

Never spent much time at the Red Frog Bar on the Lido deck but that always looked liked it had good crowd as well and people just having fun.

As far as deck party nights this ship probably had the best I have ever attended. Three parties in total, one on the night after we left Cozumel, the next night was a Mardi Gras parade after we left Belize. This party started in the lobby and moved down the Promenade, and then the night we left Rotan was the Red Frog Pub party on the deck again. Great time.

The cruise director and his staff worked hard to make things fun for people and the Camp Carnival Staff was great as well.

Again overall we had a great time and I hope who ever sails on the Liberty in the near future as a similar experience. Happy cruising everyone.

We LOVED LOVED LOVED The Liberty. We would've sailed again this year but decided at the last minute to sail The Breeze. Karl with a K was our CD last year and I truly think that he was one of the most energetic persons I have ever seen and on top of that he was truly a nice guy.

I've been looking at the Liberty seriously since I heard she's being repositioned to Port Canaveral. It's nice to see so many people posting positive remarks about her, we'll probably be booking our next anniversary cruise on her in 2014. Glad you had a good time!

I've been looking at the Liberty seriously since I heard she's being repositioned to Port Canaveral. It's nice to see so many people posting positive remarks about her, we'll probably be booking our next anniversary cruise on her in 2014. Glad you had a good time!

Liberty, one of Carnivals better ships ;)

I'm glad to hear she is still a great ship. We sailed her twice and are going on her again I October. We had Karl with a K way back when he was on the Paradise. He was great. I am so sad we may miss him in October cause it looks like he will be on vacation. :mad

Nice review,

I'll be saiiling on her next month ( 24/08).

I'm flying from Portugal to Miami with my husband and 7y daughter and can't wait for it :D:D:D

How was the weather in the carebbeans? i've been following the weather reports and it looks like was hot but showery. :cool:

Nice review,

I'll be saiiling on her next month ( 24/08).

I'm flying from Portugal to Miami with my husband and 7y daughter and can't wait for it :D:D:D

How was the weather in the carebbeans? i've been following the weather reports and it looks like was hot but showery. :cool:

Hi Mijordao!

We will be on same cruise. Check out our roll call. Lots of kids coming on this sailing. We're going to have a blast!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I love it when the Liberty gets good press! We loved the Liberty as well when we sailed her last December. We chose one of her sister ships (the Glory) for our cruise this coming December. I only hope the Glory holds a candle to the Liberty as far as the staff goes. Glad you had a great time!

What costs in Camp Carnival are you referring to? Sailing on her one month from tomorrow. Woo hoo!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I apologize for my late response to your question as me and my family were sick most of last week. Must be post cruise blues.

The extra costs I was referring to was on two specific nights. On one of the nights was $13.00 per child after 10:00pm for some party they were having and then another night it was $20.00 per kid, which I didn't expect, but I wasn't going to deny my daughters the opportunity to participate as they loved Camp Carnival. Both these nights they did get a inexpensive bag/backpack with a stuffed animal (night owl), tooth brush, night light (night owl). So they did give them a few things. Either way you can't go wrong with the program based on the cost and what the kids do, my daughters are 4 & 7. Plus I truly enjoyed when my wife acknowledged "you were right", when the girls told her to basically scram and that they wanted to stay at camp. My brief moment of glory while sipping on a Patron Margarita. lol

Have a great cruise.

Archived