Bringing Unlimited Wine Policy Officially Change Yesterday

LAFFNVEGAS

Hi

Every thing that goes in my suitcase goes in a plastic bag. with my name and address on it. I also line my luggage bottom and top. Luggage is not water proof. I use aip lock kinds and those bags you squeeze air out of.

they have cheep ones at the dollar store. no one should have clothes ruined by rain, or liquids.

MAry

The new policy does not go into affect until Jan.31,2014 for new bookings. Please check your sources before you post.

Our understanding is that the policy change applies to everyone on every sailing, starting January 31. You're saying that those who booked before the policy change was announced are exempt? :confused:

Please post a link to your source for that interpretation.

Thanks.

The new policy does not go into affect until Jan.31,2014 for new bookings. Please check your sources before you post.

It's not clear who you are aiming this post at.... but the new policy goes into effect for ALL bookings, not just new ones.

This info. is from cruise dot com who called HAL directly to check. Yes, it is my understanding that if you have made final payment on your cruise before Sept.12 the new policy does not affect you. Any new booking would be affected.

I very much doubt it, considering that when they tried to implement the new policy back in July it applied to all booked cruises, including those past final payment date and those about to board (I know, I was one of them).

This info. is from cruise dot com who called HAL directly to check. Yes, it is my understanding that if you have made final payment on your cruise before Sept.12 the new policy does not affect you. Any new booking would be affected.

Are you then saying that this coming February when thousands of people are embarking on HAL cruises that HAL port officials will employ the tedious task of determining which people can get on the ship with unlimited bottles of wine and those who can only bring on one bottle? I think I`ll watch the riot from the FLL webcam.

I'm not happy with it. HAL's previous wine policy was one of the differences that went into the plus column when shopping for cruises. Going to a policy like most cruise lines takes that out of the plus column. Couple that with HAL's over-priced, weak wine list, and it moves to the minus column.

Everyone will have their own personal perception. This is just mine.

I agree completely....I guess when one low end company owns the whole industry, we'll slowly sink to the lowest level. Maybe time to move on....

Well, unless I am missing the boat, any one making final payment by Sept 12th will be sailing before January 31st which is the deadline, so I am not sure what point this is making. The bottom line is the policy changes on January 31st and all who sail then are affected.

I'm not going to sit and complain. We 'll just take our business elsewhere. Our Nov cruise isn't affected (hopefully). We'll be looking to book another line for our spring trip.

Dan

do us all a favour and let HAL know please. If they see enough people are talking with their wallets - perhaps they will revamp it.

As far as I know, it also covers "old" bookings. We booked a year ago for a cruise starting next February 3 (28 days), and our TA told us one bottle each for the whole cruise!

As far as I know, it also covers "old" bookings. We booked a year ago for a cruise starting next February 3 (28 days), and our TA told us one bottle each for the whole cruise!

You are absolutely correct Ann. The policy takes effect Jan 31st. It doesn't matter when you booked (it would have been nice if it did - LOL;))

Simply put, I am done with HAL. I know I'm only one person and it certainly doesn't matter, but I'll find another cruiseline. The last several cruises on HAL have not met my expectations. Now, this change in policy is the straw that broke this camel's back. I just booked a cruise on Celebrity for March 2014. I had planned to book on HAL, but didn't.

I didn't really read this thread, but I can imagine all the people who will be celebrating this move. I never really understood that attitude, but to each his own.

I'm with you, Tim.

Simply put, I am done with HAL. I know I'm only one person and it certainly doesn't matter, but I'll find another cruiseline. The last several cruises on HAL have not met my expectations. Now, this change in policy is the straw that broke this camel's back. I just booked a cruise on Celebrity for March 2014. I had planned to book on HAL, but didn't.

I didn't really read this thread, but I can imagine all the people who will be celebrating this move. I never really understood that attitude, but to each his own.

No celebration from me. I do hope you let HAL know you are leaving and why. I think they need to know that people are voting with their $$.

after 21 cruises, four-star plus, it's goody-goodbye to hal. i don't want to sail on a prison ship. reduced service, poor entertainment, restrictive policies, poor food, and now all of this wine business, as if we were children trying to cross the gangway with too many oreos. rules everywhere. and threatened penalties, to boot. not to mention higher prices, and pricing 'games.' and just plain rudeness if you happen to 'overstep' the boundaries, from pax to staff. hal has become for me a 'product' i don't want to pursue anymore. i feel threatened and intimidated every time i step on board any hal ship.

after 21 cruises, four-star plus, it's goody-goodbye to hal. i don't want to sail on a prison ship. reduced service, poor entertainment, restrictive policies, poor food, and now all of this wine business, as if we were children trying to cross the gangway with too many oreos. rules everywhere. and threatened penalties, to boot. not to mention higher prices, and pricing 'games.' and just plain rudeness if you happen to 'overstep' the boundaries, from pax to staff. hal has become for me a 'product' i don't want to pursue anymore. i feel threatened and intimidated every time i step on board any hal ship.

Goodbye!!icon7.gif

We will surely miss your words of wisdom.

Ridiculous policy change from one extreme to the other.

Wrote the letter and also received back the thanks for the feedback...to bad it's the policy.

Oceania has sent us enough brochures to paper the walls with. Now those are no longer going in the recycle bin. HAL's are.

HAL sadly underestimated the tenacity of their loyal customers..... the very thing that had us hanging in with them in spite of cutbacks, poor maintenance, non flushing toilets and lack of air conditioning... made us tough:D Oh boy, did they ever make a huge mistake. And for those nay-sayers who insisted we were whining.... let's see what the next thing is - perhaps water and soda. And for those nay-sayers who spent the weekend sniping at us for fighting... we got a result. The war is not over but at least we won this battle.

I meant to say also.... never underestimate the power of social media.

They already attacked us soda drinkers -- years ago. Used to be soda was free. Then all the lines began charging for it -- but you got the entire can. Now you get a glass -- and I swear, the glasses are getting smaller! My guess is that they leave the soda and bottled water carriers alone because its so darned heavy, you really can't carry much.