Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Morning from the USA to all the coolers, cool or otherwise!!!

a weekend is upon us, enjoy it. For N. Americans its Labor Day Weekend, and a long one. Time to catch up on chores and read the posts on this thread.

;)

Morning spin....we had our long weekend bank holiday this last weekend...rather scary as it's the last one until Christmas!

I have friends on the Cape who tell me it's quite a busy time.

Enjoy

S:)

Morning from the USA to all the coolers, cool or otherwise!!!

a weekend is upon us, enjoy it. For N. Americans its Labor Day Weekend, and a long one. Time to catch up on chores and read the posts on this thread.

;)

Bonjour Spin, and greetings to "you lot" ... the new temporary home of my Number One Daughter.

What is the correct greeting for us to our American cousins on Labour Day? :confused:

And how did you lot manage to extend a "day" to a "weekend" .... typical of the working classes ..... :D

And why do you catch up on chores when it is supposed to be a sort of sabbath? :eek:

Jeff

Hmmm.....some good flying tips there Jeff. Over the years I've been quite lucky with upgrades, but no longer take any chances so book business....when the offers are on! If it's silly money then no way but l got a very good fare for my BA flights in October.

Years ago it was the thought that if one dressed up and got checked in early there was a chance of an upgrade! I still do actually dress up for flying....as in smart casual, not sure it makes any difference these days though...but l feel better for doing so...:rolleyes:

Mr Ocado has just dropped here.....I ordered some Waitrose pulled pork burgers which are currently being served up to the lodger with some eggs and fries....I shall report later on the result!

Also have some of the artisan poppy seed bread which I intend to devour for supper with some leerdammer.

Fresh salmon for my lunch today with jackets and a salad....I'm trying to be good...pre cruise!!

Well, I bought the cholla ... and some cheeses and some ciders. I might have a bit of bread, some cheese and some cider tonight although there is still some milano salami that needs to be honoured. And I have been thinking about a crab stick sandwich. Choices, choices choices.

How are you getting on with those baguettes? Hope you put them under a running tap first.

50455011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=0a091f4a336620ab107176a413cf49b7

30546011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=5d3f1e4eb9c49b7c8abaeadc1227df0b

47125011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=8700f962432b75e6a2684ba22e49ca0f

Welcome to your number one daughter to the West Coast,Southern California, where it is extremely hot and humid right now ( and will continue to be for the next couple of months).

I hope she enjoys her sojourn here very much.

Welcome to your number one daughter to the West Coast,Southern California, where it is extremely hot and humid right now ( and will continue to be for the next couple of months).

I hope she enjoys her sojourn here very much.

Many thanks .... she is going to be quite busy!

LAX and then onto las vegas (palazzo) then lone pine then yosemite then san francisco, then monterey then santa barbara .... then home!

Jeff

Just had Waitrose breadcrumbed scampi, from the chill counter, which my DH really likes(more than the battered haddock fish fingers, I have to say) with a home made waldorf salad (sorry, we have run out of waldorfs) remember? and lettuce and tomato and red onion, plus a baguette. And a McGuigan chardonnay - cheap and cheerful - and no room left for cheese etc.

It is such a pleasure to be able to post what is comparative rubbish for others to read - or not - as they choose. Anyone who does not like the watercooler should start their own thread, and stop reading this one!

Spent most of the afternoon stationary on the M25 because the Dartford tunnels were closed because of an accident. Had just picked up son's new car from Kent so it's ready for him when he returns to the UK for good next week. Nice little Ford Fiesta.

However, made bearable by a big plate of mince 'n tatties on return home. An Irish favourite.

Spent most of the afternoon stationary on the M25 because the Dartford tunnels were closed because of an accident. Had just picked up son's new car from Kent so it's ready for him when he returns to the UK for good next week. Nice little Ford Fiesta.

However, made bearable by a big plate of mince 'n tatties on return home. An Irish favourite.

Nightmare....but worth it for your son, my little gals first car was a Fiesta.

Great meal to come home to though.....S:)

Ah well. Looks like I'm going to have to have a lean few days again. I'm sure it's the scales. I now play "best of three"and if that is depressing "best of five". I even move the scales around the bathroom to try and find a "lighter"spot. But I'm still bleedin' overweight.

She went out shopping today. Always get twitchy when she does that. Although it's Ocado day today, she never sees the need to have a look to see what I've bought. She came back today with a ton of tomatoes. She says I have to eat more tomatoes so I don't get prostate cancer. So I said, but what about all the other cancers? If that one doesn't get me god will have a laugh and send a different one that quite likes tomatoes. Anyway, as I'd already got some tomatoes it looks like the Pecheur is going to be substituted with tomatoes over the next few days.

Anyway. Village fete tomorrow. A chance to win back the bottle of wine i gave them this week.

:D

Thanks for the upgrade advice Jeff - we've actually requested the upgrade using FF points (so many needed - it's a rip-off really). Won't get to know whether we've been successful until 24 hours before.

My Jeff and I actually got a proper upgrade when we were flying to UK in April. We were booked in business but got to the airport and the upgrade fairy visited - First!

Enjoying hearing about everyone's meals - all sounds so yum!

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Karin

That Dartford crossing can be a nightmare - it is our route to Dover, and you always have to allow so much extra time in case of big problems.

My CURRENT car is a Fiesta - love it, having been a bit sniffy about buying a Ford after my Mini Cooper. The Mini did not always run well, and the BMW garage never knew exactly why (they said) so although it was generally fun, the completely reliable little Fiesta , which although an automatic has incredible acceleration, is a comparative dream.

DH does have something a bit more exotic when he feels like a 'burn' but the Fiesta takes us everywhere otherwise.

Yes, I hate my weight in pounds or even kilos, stones are so much kinder.

Thanks for the upgrade advice Jeff - we've actually requested the upgrade using FF points (so many needed - it's a rip-off really). Won't get to know whether we've been successful until 24 hours before.

My Jeff and I actually got a proper upgrade when we were flying to UK in April. We were booked in business but got to the airport and the upgrade fairy visited - First!

Enjoying hearing about everyone's meals - all sounds so yum!

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Karin

That's great - I misunderstood. Thought you'd just sent a begging letter. On points you'll be fine if it's confirmed.

I always liked the scales in the UK. I only weighed like 17 and something. Sounded a lot better than 240 something.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am 15 and a quarter. 5 foot 10 inches. Way too heavy. I've tried everything. Even on one leg it doesn't change. It isn't fair.

I am 15 and a quarter. 5 foot 10 inches. Way too heavy. I've tried everything. Even on one leg it doesn't change. It isn't fair.

Just as long as you don't expect us girls to tell you how much we weigh.

Jeff, just got a £20 off voucher from Ocado, and looked on their site for the first time. Obviously mainly at the wines. I was a bit disappointed in the choice at under £6 of £8; feel we do better if we traipse round the supermarkets, the best round here for offers being Morrisons or Sainsburys.

Morning All,

I tend not to worry too much about weighing myself but go with how my clothes fit....one pair of trousers in particular are my guide and right now they're slightly tight so time to shed half a stone..:o

My current mode of transport is a Chrysler Grand Voyager.....the kids call it the bus! Lovely car but too big for me so once l move I'll be changing it...always an automatic though...so much easier!

LL.....have a look at Tesco wine by the case on line, they currently have a half price sale on. I've bought a few cases this year for my son in law and have been very pleased.

Quiet weekend here as usual, Waitrose haddock for lunch for the lodger, chilli for myself...I'm feeling like something spicy...:rolleyes: