diamont member

kiek

Hallo we have 76 points and are emerald members we cruise febr.on the Freedom of the seas is there someone who knows are we diamont already or must we wait till the next cruise?

Hallo we have 76 points and are emerald members we cruise febr.on the Freedom of the seas is there someone who knows are we diamont already or must we wait till the next cruise?

You won't be Diamond until you receive 80 cruise points.

Your cruise on Freedom will be another Emerald cruise. Once you are finished with that cruise and RCCL/Crown and Anchor Society add your 7 cruise points for Freedom, you will be bumped over 80 and the following cruise you will receive Diamond Benefits.

nothing like cruise critic - same answer given 4 times in a row

Have you not seen the threads where the first four answers give DIFFERENT replies, that generally conflict with one another?!?!?!?

This should be reassuring to the OP.

;)

I'm right there with you! I'm at 73 points and sailing on 7 day Grandeur. So I will have exactly 80 next spring on 8 day IOS!

There is just something about being 28 sitting in the Diamond, weird looks the whole time. :confused:

I know, right? :p When this happens, I look at the time the comments were posted. Sometimes they are within minutes of each other in which case, that's cool. But in this case, there are hours between the posts. :D

I mean it doesn't matter and there are bigger problems in life, but I'm with ya, bouhunter. Always intrigues me.

If you have time, money and can adapt your airline reservations. Do a 4 nighter on the Enchantment (mon to fri) pre Freedom cruise. This would get you to Diamond for the Freedom cruise. You would have to go to the loyalty ambassador to get the status. But they can and will accomadate you.

Also I have heard that Royal will put you up in a hotel between cruises. Not sure of this but check into it.

If you have time, money and can adapt your airline reservations. Do a 4 nighter on the Enchantment (mon to fri) pre Freedom cruise. This would get you to Diamond for the Freedom cruise. You would have to go to the loyalty ambassador to get the status. But they can and will accomadate you.

Also I have heard that Royal will put you up in a hotel between cruises. Not sure of this but check into it.

This used to be available, but not any longer.

...which STINKS, big time. :(

I know, right? :p When this happens, I look at the time the comments were posted. Sometimes they are within minutes of each other in which case, that's cool. But in this case, there are hours between the posts. :D

I mean it doesn't matter and there are bigger problems in life, but I'm with ya, bouhunter. Always intrigues me.

For instance, for comparison, check out this:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1894712

...which STINKS, big time. :(

I agree. I had to get my TA to work with Royal Caribbean to honor the hotel between my Allure and Majesty cruises I'm taking next month. I booked both cruises well before the hotel program for B2B cruises was discontinued. When my TA inquired on the status of my hotel assignment Royal said I was not getting a hotel as the program was discontinued. Lucky for me I have a good TA and she worked with her agencies Royal Caribbean rep. to get me my hotel. She even got Royal to include transportation between Ft. Lauderdale and my Miami hotel after the Allure and also arranged a shuttle to the Majesty the next day. :)

Get your Travel agent to book a short four day cruise on the Enchantment right before the cruise. When You are on the Enchantment visit their Loyalty Ambassador and tell him/her that you are turning diamond on this cruise and going on the Freedom right after that. Ask the Ambassador to e-mail the Loyalty Ambassador on the Freedom and tell them about this trip, as the points will not be in the computer. Keep your documentation on of the Enchantment trip, and present it to the check in desk to see if they will issue you a Diamond member Sea Pass card. If not take this documentation to the guests relations and show them the documentation, they can issue you a diamond sea pass. If they are hesitant ask to speak with a supervisor, you have a right to do this. Please do this, because it is really worth it to go to the diamond lounge on the Freedom, I promise you this. And you will meet so many wonderful people there. I wish you had printed out your Freedom cruise day I could tell you what Enchantment to take. You can and should do this.

You must have 80 points to be a diamond!

Rev

If you make diamond during your Feb. cruise, the day you actually make diamond go to the loyalty ambassador on board and ask them if they can change your status to diamond and they will put a sticker on your seapass that states you are diamond at that point and they will also give you a new coupon book for all the diamond benefits. Enjoy.

If you make diamond during your Feb. cruise, the day you actually make diamond go to the loyalty ambassador on board and ask them if they can change your status to diamond and they will put a sticker on your seapass that states you are diamond at that point and they will also give you a new coupon book for all the diamond benefits. Enjoy.

Just a note that this is a highly contested subject on this board and most people, ourselves included who made Diamond during a cruise, report that this is not done.

I dont know where you live but a 4 day on the Enchantment would be a good idea if you can do it. There's a sailing on 19 Aug today for an inside for $436 total for 2 people. [$149 base] there will be other last minute deals this fall during hurricane season.

That's because a lot of people do not read the whole thread. They read the original post and then post their reply. Not a big deal, really, but it does make for a lot of repetition. I'm sure I've been guilty of doing it myself on occasion! :):D

Originally Posted by Sharon I View Post

Just a note that this is a highly contested subject on this board and most people, ourselves included who made Diamond during a cruise, report that this is not done.

I am here to tell you they did do it for me. I still have the seapass with the sticker on it to prove it. I was at the Loyalty Ambassador to book another cruise and she said "say you just made diamond today, let me upgrade you". I didn't even have to ask she just did it for me and she also told me to have my husband drop in to have his seapass updated and to get his new coupon book. We also got our diamond lapel pin that day as well and an explanation of everything diamond. This is the truth in my case anyway.

I'm right there with you! I'm at 73 points and sailing on 7 day Grandeur. So I will have exactly 80 next spring on 8 day IOS!

There is just something about being 28 sitting in the Diamond, weird looks the whole time. :confused:

Not in the DL's on the ships we have been on....many young D & D+ level cruisers (thanks moms &dads)... actually my 17 month old grandson is a D level ;)

Archived