Post cruise depression

I wish we could! I am newer to my company and would never have enough vacation time, nor could we afford it....I think it is so sad that you spend more of your life working than enjoying life. 1 -2 weeks per year of quality un interrupted fun and relaxation is just not enough in life. Life is too short

If taking an in-between cruise is not an option, then it's never too soon to start researching and planning your next cruise. We did the Jewel Southern Caribbean itinerary this past May. My advice would be to plan to go down to San Juan at least a day in advance (we weren't able to this time, and we started the cruise very exhausted, and the port intensive itinerary nearly wore us out!). Plan what you want to do in each port...this might be the only time you'll go to some of these ports, so you'll want to get the most of your day there. It'll take some time and research to sort it all out. Join the roll call and chat on that board to pass the time with others who are waiting.

Are you on the Aruba itinerary, or the Barbados one?

ctcruisergirl,

I know how you feel. DW and I go through the same thing after each cruise. It's always a bit depressing after having so much enjoyment and excitement to go back to the same day to day routine.

The thing that keeps us going is looking at our options for the next cruise. DW and I both like doing research. We read the different threads and reviews here on Cruise Critic of the different ports and itineraries that we consider before making a choice.

Try looking ahead to what you think you might like to do for shore excursions. It will give you a lot to look forward to. Sometimes the anticipation can be fun and keep you going until you get to the point where you can actually go on a cruise.

Oh, it happened to me after our first cruise and we weren't going to be able to go until a year and a half later.

So what I did was start the research. We're going on the same ship, but different ports and so I looked up those ports to see what was interesting in each one.

Also, take some time and read the cruise compass for the cruise you are taking. I found one for Eastern on Freedom dated June or July on the "unofficial Royal Caribbean blog" site and went through that as well to see what was new since last time we sailed. Or what we missed and might want to hit this time.

I just got off the Grandeur Friday and I seriously have post cruise depression.....May 31st just seems tooooooo far for my next cruise. How do you people do it who over a year away:(

Read cruise critic. Sometimes watch the cuises leaving on the internet.

If taking an in-between cruise is not an option, then it's never too soon to start researching and planning your next cruise. We did the Jewel Southern Caribbean itinerary this past May. My advice would be to plan to go down to San Juan at least a day in advance (we weren't able to this time, and we started the cruise very exhausted, and the port intensive itinerary nearly wore us out!). Plan what you want to do in each port...this might be the only time you'll go to some of these ports, so you'll want to get the most of your day there. It'll take some time and research to sort it all out. Join the roll call and chat on that board to pass the time with others who are waiting.

Are you on the Aruba itinerary, or the Barbados one?

yes we are on the Aruba itinerary. We took a Carnival cruise to Aruba for our honeymoon in 2004 which is why choose this cruise. We are celebrating 10 years of marriage and wanted to go back to Aruba. We are possibly going to renew our vows on the ship or in one of the ports. As for San Juan, my dad lives in PR on the other side so we may try to go a day early to meet him for a day....it really depends on child care. My mom will only do the 7 days of the cruise so I need to see if we can pull of an extra day.

As for the Grandeur question-we loved it!!!! My son hasn't stopped talking about it!

Look on the bright side....at least you have another cruise to look forward to...less than a year away. We just got off the Jewel and I am suffering from a severe case of PCD or "cruise-blues" (where I got my name after my first cruise!) with one kid in college and another heading there next year, it will be a while before I can think about booking another cruise :( I agree with other posters, start investigating the ports to plan your excursions, etc. Also, get on the roll call and start talking to other folks on your cruise. May will be here before you know it. You will love the Jewel and the Aruba route is awesome! :)

ctcruisergirl,

I know how you feel. DW and I go through the same thing after each cruise. It's always a bit depressing after having so much enjoyment and excitement to go back to the same day to day routine.

The thing that keeps us going is looking at our options for the next cruise. DW and I both like doing research. We read the different threads and reviews here on Cruise Critic of the different ports and itineraries that we consider before making a choice.

Try looking ahead to what you think you might like to do for shore excursions. It will give you a lot to look forward to. Sometimes the anticipation can be fun and keep you going until you get to the point where you can actually go on a cruise.

Agree. Great input.

I think once I am retired it will be easier to wait for a year, but while working it sure is nice to have on in the fall and one late winter/early spring. I look forward to the get away from work and other obligations.

I wish we could! I am newer to my company and would never have enough vacation time, nor could we afford it....I think it is so sad that you spend more of your life working than enjoying life. 1 -2 weeks per year of quality un interrupted fun and relaxation is just not enough in life. Life is too short

Keep coming here and reading about others trips, looking at pics and living vicariously through others. It DOES help PCD and makes the time go by faster!

I have generally been at least a year between cruises and dont even have one booked at the moment. At least you have one booked!

My last cruise I booked 379 days out. Those days clicked by pretty quickly with the help of Cruise Critic.

Planning a future cruise is the only way to get through a depression like this, when you can't go for another year. I have a cruise planned for June 2014..look where I'm at today! We don't have a schedule that works well for anything but summer (high season), therefore, we start the planning EARLY. It helps...not the same as being able to cruise more often, but it helps.

Archived