Boarding denied? Why?

Seaworthy01

What a frightening thing to do to a child for no good reason. Hopefully your SIL realizes how that sort of thing hurts the wrong person.

Actually he thought it was funny and denied doing it. But according to the officials only a parent of a minor can report it stolen.

Chris

Actually he thought it was funny and denied doing it. But according to the officials only a parent of a minor can report it stolen.

Chris

I think SIL in this case is son in law not sister in law so it was a parent. Confused :confused: me for a second too.

Then again I have my mail forwarded to the State of Confusion:p

Charlie

I have always wondered if they deny you boarding if you fill out that "health questionnaire" about being sick do they refund your money if you have the insurance.

I would hope so since the insurance is supposed to cover you in case of health issues.

No doubt there's plenty of exceptions, but I think if someone reports an illness with noro-like symptoms on that registration health questionnaire, they are normally allowed on board but confined to their cabin until ship's doctor gives them the all-clear. In other words, they're treated in much the same way as someone who goes down with such an illness mid-cruise.

I might be wrong.

Doubtless someone on this thread will bawl me out if I am ;)

JB :)

I think SIL in this case is son in law not sister in law so it was a parent. Confused :confused: me for a second too.

Then again I have my mail forwarded to the State of Confusion:p

Charlie

I live in the State of Anxiety -- I think it borders your state...:rolleyes:
That is true.

If you leave the City of Consternation (where I live) and head north on the Bewildered Byway you will see the turnoff for the Municipality of Mystification.

Continue on until you reach the point of I Have No Idea What I Came Here For and you'll be right on the border of Anxiety.

Have a nice journey.....wherever you go.:)

Charlie

... Continue on until you reach the point of I Have No Idea What I Came Here For and you'll be right on the border of Anxiety.

Have a nice journey.....wherever you go.:)

Charlie

I've occasionally had that issue when I walk into the bathroom and then suddenly wonder what I was doing in the bathroom.

We always turn the light on and off so we can say we just came into the room to make sure the light works.

Saw it in the Pickles comic strip years ago and DH and I adopted it. We're just meandering through life trying not to get lost.

And they will probably say you can't fly. I HATE TSA!!!

No they won't. Ask for a supervisor. They can't refuse to allow you to fly because you presented a valid form of ID issued by the Federal government. Not everyone has a DL.

No they won't. Ask for a supervisor. They can't refuse to allow you to fly because you presented a valid form of ID issued by the Federal government. Not everyone has a DL.

When we took our WBTA cruise, flying out of LA. After we got to the airport, I realized I didn't have my DL, just my passport. They accepted that as ID just fine.

I was once on a ship where every single passenger was denied boarding simultaneously. The MV Arcadia, a P&O ship, doing a long Alaska trip from Southampton. When it reached LA, the customs officers were sulking about something so decided to be very very awkward - the first passengers left the ship at 7 am, but by 2 pm they still hadn't cleared everyone off the ship; and they wouldn't let the early leavers back on (for lunch, etc) until everyone was off and they'd sent the sniffer dogs round. So a fair chunk of 1,800 people were denied boarding. Beat that!

The McDonalds coffee story earlier on really annoys me. It explains why any time you try and get a cup of tea in the USA, you get something that tastes like you've just washed the dishes in it. Tea needs boiling water to brew properly - 150 degrees does not work at all. It'd make a lot more sense if the people who can't be trusted with hot drinks, don't have hot drinks - I don't see how the woman wasn't deemed at least partly responsible for squeezing a flexible lidless polystyrene cup between her knees in a moving vehicle?

I was once on a ship where every single passenger was denied boarding simultaneously. The MV Arcadia, a P&O ship, doing a long Alaska trip from Southampton. When it reached LA, the customs officers were sulking about something so decided to be very very awkward - the first passengers left the ship at 7 am, but by 2 pm they still hadn't cleared everyone off the ship; and they wouldn't let the early leavers back on (for lunch, etc) until everyone was off and they'd sent the sniffer dogs round. So a fair chunk of 1,800 people were denied boarding. Beat that!

The McDonalds coffee story earlier on really annoys me. It explains why any time you try and get a cup of tea in the USA, you get something that tastes like you've just washed the dishes in it. Tea needs boiling water to brew properly - 150 degrees does not work at all. It'd make a lot more sense if the people who can't be trusted with hot drinks, don't have hot drinks - I don't see how the woman wasn't deemed at least partly responsible for squeezing a flexible lidless polystyrene cup between her knees in a moving vehicle?

We never understand why people aren't held accountable for their own actions. I realize the coffee was nuclear hot, but normal hot coffee would have burned her, too. Her actions caused the whole thing.

How about trying to hide your rum-runners inside the speedo you've packed in your carry-on (next to your travel iron)? :p

(BTW -- this is an amazing thread: alternately funny and informative! :cool:)

I agree! It's making me chuckle! :p

I was almost denied boarding on my first ever cruise, some background info, I have cruised once with Cunard, 8 times with RCCL and am days away from going with Celebrity. So anyway, my first cruise we flew to New York, spent a couple of hours there and sailed back to Southampton (I'm from the Uk). We got to the cruise terminal and had some time to kill, so decided to take some photos of the ship. I had my hands full of hand luggage and coats, it was November and was unseasonably warm, hence the arm full of coats! I put my passport, stupidly in a suit carrier and put it on top of the trolley with the other luggage, just while we took photos. Well the porter scooted it away! I ran after him and said, 'I need my passport!' He was really rude and aggressive and told me to back off ma'am or something like that, I guess it wasn't that far away time wise from 9/11, so security was an issue. So there goes my passport! My fault I know. Anyway to cut a long story short, my partner was allowed on board,to see if he could get my passport, he couldn't as the cases weren't in the room yet, but the British consulate was on board and I managed to get on then give them my passport once I got on board. I seriously believe if the guy from the British consulate was not on there I would have been snookered! You can see the tears in my eyes on my sea pass card (it was a photo one for Cunard) which I have kept and still chuckle at. It was my own fault entirely, but wow, there is nothing worse than sitting ALONE in the cruise terminal thinking the ship is going to sail away without you, on your maiden voyage too!!

So the moral of this story is for me anyway, don't be stupid and glue your passport to your hand, don't let it out of your sight! :D

True story- We were flying from LAX to South Dakota on Frontier, and my wife forgot her driver's license. They let her on the plane with her COSTCO card, but TSA gave her a thorough pat down.

I was in Virginia for my sister's wedding. Another sister got sick in my rental car -- won't go into the details :D -- and while her husband was cleaning out the car, somehow my driver's license got thrown out -- I had stuck it in an opening near the gear shift because I was wearing a bridesmaid's dress and didn't want to bring my purse, et cetera. Well, the next day I had to fly home (to Texas). I had my ID from my office (which is semi-government since I work for a county). I had called ahead to ask what I needed to do. It was actually an okay experience. I did have to go through extra security scrutiny, but they had told me that over the phone. (This was post 9/11)

We never understand why people aren't held accountable for their own actions. I realize the coffee was nuclear hot, but normal hot coffee would have burned her, too. Her actions caused the whole thing.

Normal temp coffee wouldn't have caused such serious burns so fast. She may have had time to pull her pants away from her body if the coffee hadn't been so hot. McDs had been in trouble before for serving it so hot, for a reason.

And to keep this on Cruising - WE LEAVE TODAY!! :D

Archived