Restaurants near Ft. Lauderdale Embassy Suites?

elycelynne

Coconuts is actually on the waterway rather then the ocean but you can sit outside and watch the sunset which is sometimes hard to do in ft Lauderdale. Boats pull up right there for dinner.

The food was good - we had fresh seafood. An appetizer, 2 meals, 2 drinks came with tip at about $85 or $90. Not cheap but not over the top either. We sat outside but there is inside seating too. We walked from the Bia Mar that time.

This November we will stay at the Hilton and will walk back to Kelly's or Southport for dinner. Less expensive but not as nice. Southport deck faces east so no sunset view and its more like a diner where locals eat. Kelly's no outside dining and no real atmosphere. That said both are less expensive and the food is good. We like to stay away from chains when on vacation.

Not to hijack the thread, but we come into FLL on Thanksgiving. Will these local restaurants be open for dinner? We don't want to eat in a chain restaurant. I booked a room at Hyatt Place FLL North.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just to clarify - the Bravos on 17th street near the Renaissance is not a "chain" restaurant - it is family owned and operated and one of the best moderately priced restaurants in the 17th street area.

Bistro Mezzaluma is not Mexican - it is also Italian but way overpriced - look up their menu on their website compared to Bravos.

Just to clarify - the Bravos on 17th street near the Renaissance is not a "chain" restaurant - it is family owned and operated and one of the best moderately priced restaurants in the 17th street area.

Bistro Mezzaluma is not Mexican - it is also Italian but way overpriced - look up their menu on their website compared to Bravos.

I knew that Bravo was not a chain:D..thanks for posting:)

And Mezzaluma? Definitely not Mexican.....with a name like that?;)

Bistro Mezzaluna (Italian cuisine and steakhouse) is fine dining. Bravo is a casual family restaurant.

Bistro Mezzaluna (Italian cuisine and steakhouse) is fine dining. Bravo is a casual family restaurant.

What I said! Although I wouldn't Bravos into the category of a family restaurant unless you mean family run. Outback is a family type restaurant.

Wold love to hear more about your experience at Coconuts?? It just popped up as a popular restaurant on Tripadvisor...

Hi, we just like the atmosphere of the place, and the food has always been very good. We like fresh seafood and you can't go wrong at Coconuts. I like to sit outside and watch the boats as well. Have eaten at several places throughout the Ft. Lauderdale area and Coconuts is one of our favorites. A tad pricey, yes, but basically everything is in the area.

After dinner, you can also walk over to A1A/Ft. Lauderdale Beach and walk along the ocean. Great location.

We saw Bistro Mezzaluna as we left the parking lot of the Hyatt North (17th St.) this past January. It would be a five minute walk from the Embassy Suites.

Duffy's has a fantastic Cobb Salad. Like Lois, our party was not all that impressed with the food/service at Bimini Boatyard.

Bravos was good, service was a bit off the night we were there and my dinner was warm rather than hot. Butter sauce was starting to solidify. We were starving at that point and the rest of the meal was good so I didn't bother sending it back.

My sister and BIL have also enjoyed a meal at Coconuts too.

Sheal

We saw Bistro Mezzaluna as we left the parking lot of the Hyatt North (17th St.) this past January. It would be a five minute walk from the Embassy Suites.

Duffy's has a fantastic Cobb Salad. Like Lois, our party was not all that impressed with the food/service at Bimini Boatyard.

Bravos was good, service was a bit off the night we were there and my dinner was warm rather than hot. Butter sauce was starting to solidify. We were starving at that point and the rest of the meal was good so I didn't bother sending it back.

My sister and BIL have also enjoyed a meal at Coconuts too.

Sheal

I will have to try Duffy's next time - have always driven by but have never stopped. Thanx for the rec.

We ate at Kelley's Landing this year during our stay at the Embassy Suites. Just a short walk across the street. I had the 2 lb. lobster and my DH had one of the Lobster Rolls. Delicious. Not fancy, but good food and good service. Most people who have been there have been satisfied. Definitely not a chain restaurant. Check them out!

I ate at Duffys a couple of times on my last trip. Nothing fancy, just your average sports bar. I really loved their breaded fried mushrooms though :)

There are tons of restaurants in the area, if you just wander around you will find one easily.

I eat at Duffy's all the time. The only thing I haven't liked is the sliders (the buns weren't soft enough and the meat was overcooked). It's a great place to eat if you want something family friendly or inexpensive with table service. Service can be hit or miss but is usually very good. Almost all drinks are 2 for 1 all the time. :)

Bistro Mezzoluna is NOT way overpriced. A tad on the expensive side but not overpriced.

$32 for a pork chop - more than a tad pricey. We have stayed at the Hyatt just next door and noticed that there are very few cars in the parking lot at lunch or dinnertime compred to other nearby restaurants. I guess if you are among the 1%ers it would not be considered expensive.

Hi Sue,:) the OP stated she didn't want to go to Outback.....and

she is not dining with friends, but solo.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves though. Outback has never been

high on my list.

Thanks, we did have a good time.

Our friends from across the pond picked this restuarant because they are not able to enjoy steak where they live. That is why we went.

Sea Ya

$32 for a pork chop - more than a tad pricey. We have stayed at the Hyatt just next door and noticed that there are very few cars in the parking lot at lunch or dinnertime compred to other nearby restaurants. I guess if you are among the 1%ers it would not be considered expensive.

I SAID it was a tad expensive not overpriced. You are paying for a pork chop that is four inches thick.

I see they removed my original comment.

No one has much mentioned the Mexican restaurant near to ES - Carlos and Pepe's, or the other way around . Does anyone have anything good or bad to say? We'll probably go there or Southport or Kelly's Landing.

Hi:)...I thought I mentioned it much earlier in the thread....anyway,

I have eaten there several times over the years. They have been

in Ft. Lauderdale for a long, long, time.......I would say more than

25 years.......they are definitely doing something right:D...good food,

reasonable prices, the libations aren't bad either;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived