Rick Steves on a Princess Cruise

ContemporaryTraveler

Very interesting. He didn't say which Princess ship he is on but from where he boarded a few days ago and where the video was shot it must be the Emerald Princess. I sure hope that he posts a few more short videos from his cruise.

I saw the post earlier today and put my 2 cent worth as far as how much we enjoyed our Baltic cruise a couple of years ago. And at that time had a room off the back of the ship and still remember well sailing from Oslo to Copenhagen. I think after all his travels being in Europe so many times that perhaps he is seeing why we all enjoy the life of cruising.

Hmmmmm. He has made a career out of trying to steer people away from places swarmed by cruise ship tourists. But perhaps he is updating a book. But his choice of Princess as his cruise line is encouraging.

Last November we stayed at the same Rome hotel as his son Andy & talked to him about Rick's cruise books. Andy said that his dad now realizes how many of us cruise & decided to create a book for us. :)

Maybe now that Rick is 58 he realizes that a cruise is another option to carrying a rucksack around Europe. ;)

Maybe now that Rick is 58 he realizes that a cruise is another option to carrying a rucksack around Europe. ;)

If I had a camera crew with several vans, I could go through Europe with only a rucksack too! ;););)

If I had a camera crew with several vans, I could go through Europe with only a rucksack too! ;););)

Ain't that the truth! Years ago (nearly 30) our table mates were a couple of individuals who said they were doing a travelogue and writing a book. I have no clue if they did it, but I' m positive they were writing off much of their travel expenses for research for their project. I have to believe that the very popular Mr Steve does likewise. Gosh I wish I had thought to do that when we started cruising and traveling more than 30 years ago. I like to write too! :D

It was harder 30 years ago because you had to have a publisher. [Remember when there used to be magazines and newspapers??? ;););)]

Now all you have to do is set up a blog, and presto! you're a travel writer.

Hmmmmm. He has made a career out of trying to steer people away from places swarmed by cruise ship tourists. But perhaps he is updating a book. But his choice of Princess as his cruise line is encouraging.

He's already been on RCI and Celebrity in the Med, and has written a book aimed at people cruising to those ports. Guess he's just expanding his market, along with his waistline.:p

OMG...how funny. I didn't even notice his undies when I watched it the first time...I thought he looked a bit groggy, but he obviously did just "roll out" and shoot this video. No "tidy whiteys" for him. I will think of this every time I see his show now:o. Thanks for being so observant!!

If anyone is interested, Rick Steves is currently on a Princess Cruise in the Baltic. He uploaded a short video today on Youtube. There is not much to the video, but I wanted to share in case anyone missed it or was interested.

thanks for posting this - we have used rick steves books for past 12 years -gotta buy his new northern european cruise ports for our trip next year !;)

Archived