New Reserved Passage / Open Passage conditions as of August 1st, 2013

UniPac

Shareholder credit is considered another offer. It is combinable with the onboard program. A guest can book onboard, get the OBC with a reduced deposit and then can combine with Shareholder credit.

Really, because the RCCL Investor site still states that the shareholder benefit can not be combined with any other offer. Can you have them change it?

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

9. Combinability?

Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the shareholder benefit offer is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, upgrade offers, chartered sailings, certain group sailings, "dollars off" promotions, certain reduced rate offers and savings certificates. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to investorrelations@rccl.com and a prompt response will be forthcoming.

Hi all,

We wanted to explain some of the changes to our Reserved and Open Passages.

Regarding Reserved Passages, a specific Ship and Sail date now has a much higher OBC and is combinable. A guest can go onboard, put down a $100 deposit and get up to $500 Onboard Credit. They can also combine with a 123Go or Pick Your Perk, or another main offer onboard or at a later time when they return home. Guests are able to change their reservation and apply another offer all the way up to their final payment date!

Open Passages, where there is no specific Ship or Sail Date, now has a lower OBC up to $200. But we've opened up the old restrictions. You now can purchase up to 3 and give them away to anyone! They don't have to be on the same sailing as you any longer. They can also combine an Open Passage with a 123Go or Pick Your Perk, or another main offer if they choose when they convert it over to a Reserved Passage.

Guests now have more freedom to get the onboard credit and enjoy another offer in addition. This offer is not available on land!

Thank you for taking the time to clarify; it's appreciated!

Re: Bolded section above:

If one were to add a package (such as 123 go) to a Reserved Passage up until final booking, would they still get to keep the rate their cabin was booked under?

My understanding is that one would be required to accept the rate in effect at the time the package is added. Is this correct?

Many on the boards are having trouble understanding how this works. Somebody posted earlier that the Future Cruise Consultant told him (or her) that s/he could just add a package at any time. There wasn't any understanding that booking rate would change to prevailing rates.

I sincerely hope I'm mistaken, but aren't the special promos locked into the pricing? This really would make sense to me, from a business standpoint.

Please clarify.

Thanks for your participation in this forum. I realize it can be a thankless job and that there is only so much you are authorized to say on sensitive subjects.

Really, because the RCCL Investor site still states that the shareholder benefit can not be combined with any other offer. Can you have them change it?

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Along the same lines...

The new PYP offer fine print says it's not combinable:

Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, price program, including, but not limited to, Exciting Deals, Category specials, Category guarantee rates, CHX, reduced air, Interline, Senior, Travelzoo, resident...

I hope the booking agents all understand that PYP can be combined with an Open or Reserved Passage.

Jane

the (hopefully) short term problem is that TA's and even celebrity's own people including those selling cruises on the ships don't understand the new offers any more than they understood the old ones.....so although you ask a question, you don't know if the answer is accurate or not....and forgive me, but I'm just not confident that the answer given by "Celebrity Cruises" will be followed by stockholder relations or not. Undocumented things have a way of changing....

Hi all,

Regarding Reserved Passages, a specific Ship and Sail date now has a much higher OBC and is combinable. A guest can go onboard, put down a $100 deposit and get up to $500 Onboard Credit. They can also combine with a 123Go or Pick Your Perk, or another main offer onboard or at a later time when they return home. Guests are able to change their reservation and apply another offer all the way up to their final payment date!

Open Passages, where there is no specific Ship or Sail Date, now has a lower OBC up to $200. But we've opened up the old restrictions. You now can purchase up to 3 and give them away to anyone! They don't have to be on the same sailing as you any longer. They can also combine an Open Passage with a 123Go or Pick Your Perk, or another main offer if they choose when they convert it over to a Reserved Passage.

Guests now have more freedom to get the onboard credit and enjoy another offer in addition. This offer is not available on land!

Hello Celebrity Cruises,

I have been on Cruise Critic stating for a couple of years that Celebrity should lower the amount of the OBC's which go with the Passages, and make them combinable with other offers. I think this is a step in the right direction.

We purchased an Open Passage in December 2012 and than applied it to a 2014 12 night cruise. But since we received the 123 Go Drinks Package, could not get the OBC associated with the Passage. We used the Passage solely so we would not loose the $100.00 ($200.00 for two people when we picked the itinerary) deposit. Does this now mean that our agent can go back and get us the OBC? Right now we have absolutely nothing added for booking onboard and giving Celebrity a nonrefundable deposit.

Thanks.

Hello Celebrity Cruises,

I have been on Cruise Critic stating for a couple of years that Celebrity should lower the amount of the OBC's which go with the Passages, and make them combinable with other offers. I think this is a step in the right direction.

We purchased an Open Passage in December 2012 and than applied it to a 2014 12 night cruise. But since we received the 123 Go Drinks Package, could not get the OBC associated with the Passage. We used the Passage solely so we would not loose the $100.00 ($200.00 for two people when we picked the itinerary) deposit. Does this now mean that our agent can go back and get us the OBC? Right now we have absolutely nothing added for booking onboard and giving Celebrity a nonrefundable deposit.

Thanks.

I am obviously not Celebrity Cruiser, but I will give you my opinion anyway.

Your Passages was issued before the current program and had no combinability benefit. This program started within the last month or so. I was also assured that the Reserved Passage deposit was refundable and it was on that basis that I got it. My belief was that the OBC added to the shareholder benefit would give me $500 and that's better than most offers I have seen. The beverage package is of no value to me and my wife as I don't drink and the Elite happy hour covers all but a couple of bottles of wine for an entire cruise for her. But the minimum would be pretty good and, being an optimist, I hope to see some package that includes even more OBC or gratuities on a longer cruise that might be worth more then $300 or so that I can choose instead of the S/H benefit.

I also asked if I could take advantage of a future offer and simply have it added to my booking andsd was told yes. I do know that some offers are limited to new bookings and/or certain rate codes. But I am hopeful this is the start of a simpler way to combine booking OBC with one other thinga nd maybe (I'm not counting on it, but we can always hope) they will simply come out with a policy everyone can understand.

Hi all,

I apologize if this has already been covered but is this applicable for reserved passages that are already booked (for example, mine was booked in June?)

Hello Celebrity Cruises,

Thanks.

It would seem to me that the terms and conditions that were in effect when you bought your Open Passage would be the ones that govern it. That is the way things have been in the past.

It would seem to me that the terms and conditions that were in effect when you bought your Open Passage would be the ones that govern it. That is the way things have been in the past.

Yes, that's how I read it since the title of the thread states as of August 1, 2013. Anything purchased before that would be under the old rules.

This Celebrity Cruises account is somewhat "mystic" to me - appears and disappears for time...

However, it's much appreciated to see this postings here and clear the confusion.

So the future cruise sales agent was right: it is combinable with a future offer/promotion. The restricitions in the fine print on the promotion are "outruled" by the passage bought onboard. Confusing on the one hand, but otherwise celebrity would really give us the run-around - and they are not THAT bad to do this, right? ;)

Do you still get a 2 cat. upgrade when booking a reserved Passages on board? Don't see anything about that.

Last time I have booked a reserved passage certificate, I have only received a 1 cat. upgrade. I have blamed it on the next cruise host at the Millenium, who did not make a very client oriented impression. I think his name was Chris. He insisted that this is all we were entitled fr booking onboard.

I am looking at a old Open Passage here.

It states 300for over 14 nights.

When I will us it, I will demand that OBC.

RCL changed to less OBC some years ago and I got the OBC because it was

bought before the change.

All this tells me is that Celebrity is going to make booking even more complicated with frequent and varying sales, which doesn't bode well for the loyal customer that books in advance. Can they use a certificate and keep changing their promo? If you book on board, can you add a promo without changing your rate if it's gone up since your original booking (doubt it)?

This Celebrity Cruises account is somewhat "mystic" to me - appears and disappears for time...

However, it's much appreciated to see this postings here and clear the confusion.

So the future cruise sales agent was right: it is combinable with a future offer/promotion. The restricitions in the fine print on the promotion are "outruled" by the passage bought onboard. Confusing on the one hand, but otherwise celebrity would really give us the run-around - and they are not THAT bad to do this, right? ;)

We still need confirmation as to whether your rate is "locked in" or will change to one in effect at the time future offer/promo is added. Please do keep us posted as to your real life experience.

Where I think they "get you" is with this language:

Guests are able to change their reservation and apply another offer all the way up to their final payment date!

It doesn't just say "add a future offer" to current reservation.

Jane

I just used an "old" certificate and I didn't have to "demand" anything.

I am obviously not Celebrity Cruiser, but I will give you my opinion anyway.

Your Passages was issued before the current program and had no combinability benefit. This program started within the last month or so.

{{{Snip}}}

I'm not "Celebrity Cruises" either, but I agree with Bob. This has been my experience the last time I used the "Passage" certificate iteration that came before the 2010 version. Celebrity agreed that we were both bound by the terms of the certificate in place at the time of purchase.

In my case, the old (2009) terms offered more favorable OBC. It took a lot of time, aggravation & visits to guest services, but the correct OBC was finally applied before we got off our transatlantic cruise.

Jane

We still need confirmation as to whether your rate is "locked in" or will change to one in effect at the time future offer/promo is added. Please do keep us posted as to your real life experience.

Where I think they "get you" is with this language:

It doesn't just say "add a future offer" to current reservation.

Jane

I cannot imagine that if a new 123 Promo with the same conditions as the previous one would be affected. After all it is the "offer" requiring a Five Star rate. You should be able to use the new passage and get the associated OBC, but not the price. Although it would be a really good deal if you could do as you suggest.

IMO this is a good change. I have been having a hard time using my old passages because they cannot be combined and I always find a better deal without the passage. My next two Celebrity cruises were booked with the 123 Promo and I could not use my passages.

I might just buy some new ones and hold my old ones. It would be really nice if Celebrity would alway us to use the old ones under the conditions of the news ones if we wish.

You can use "old" Passages as a deposit even on 1,2,3 specials to get your money back but you will not receive any perk for lending Celebrity the money at 0% interest.

The main advantage of a passage for those booking far out is that a couple does not have to put down a deposit of $900.

I just used an "old" certificate and I didn't have to "demand" anything.

Absolutely agree!

Strong word. You will get exactly what you have coming under the old terms of the Open Passage. Demand = not necessary.

You can use "old" Passages as a deposit even on 1,2,3 specials to get your money back but you will not receive any perk for lending Celebrity the money at 0% interest.

The main advantage of a passage for those booking far out is that a couple does not have to put down a deposit of $900.

...Unless booking a suite...then full (double) deposit is required.

Jane

The issue is that you cannot combine it with another offer. When the 123 Go! and "Pick Your Perk" came out one of the options was $300.00 OBC. So, the new deal is better because you would be able to get the promo $300.00 OBC (if being offered) plus the book on board OBC.

And that is exactly how we have used two for next year, New Zealand and Galapagos.

I cannot imagine that if a new 123 Promo with the same conditions as the previous one would be affected. After all it is the "offer" requiring a Five Star rate. You should be able to use the new passage and get the associated OBC, but not the price. Although it would be a really good deal if you could do as you suggest.

IMO this is a good change. I have been having a hard time using my old passages because they cannot be combined and I always find a better deal without the passage. My next two Celebrity cruises were booked with the 123 Promo and I could not use my passages.

I might just buy some new ones and hold my old ones. It would be really nice if Celebrity would alway us to use the old ones under the conditions of the news ones if we wish.

I used mine for the low deposit as both were booked two years in advance, but agree I would love them to add the OBC to the 123 Go.

Absolutely agree!

Strong word. You will get exactly what you have coming under the old terms of the Open Passage. Demand = not necessary.

I never "demand" things from the cruise line, but you certainly do need to be aware of the terms of your certificate in order to "remind" them about any missing perks. In my experience, this has often required repeated, polite follow-up and persistence to find somebody knowledgeable, empowered & willing to make things correct.

In case there's any doubt, I really do love Celebrity! I don't intend to come off as sounding negative, but it's difficult on the message board when trying to point out the the various things of which one needs to be aware.

Celebrity definitely has an "opportunity for improvement" when it comes to giving consistent information and for improving the communications between Miami/Shoreside staff and shipboard personnel.

Jane

Archived