Which new destinations would you like?

Presto2

We have flown to Europe for the last 10 years and are really burned out on the long flights. I would like to see west coast 7 day cruises. I am doing one in Oct. on Princess. We are going to Vancouver to Honolulu next Sept. on the Solstice. At least we are still on the west coast. No easy way to get to Florida from where we live.

We have flown to Europe for the last 10 years and are really burned out on the long flights. I would like to see west coast 7 day cruises. I am doing one in Oct. on Princess. We are going to Vancouver to Honolulu next Sept. on the Solstice. At least we are still on the west coast. No easy way to get to Florida from where we live.

Where would you propose those 7 day cruises go? Other then the short cruises down to Mexico (from the LA/San Diego area) and the short one-way cruises to and from Alaska there are just no options.

Hank

Location: London, ON (I moved, who knows how to change this Avatar?)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/contact.cfm

Just ask them to change your name and port over your posts.

I would love a cruise from Chicago to Quebec City

The practicalities of all these suggestions has to take the size of the Celebrity fleet into consideration. With Century gone, innovative Celebrity itineraries are less likely to happen than ever.

The guys in Miami are good at maximizing profits from the chosen itineraries. They will change a route or cancel a cruise in favour of a charter whenever it is in their interest.

Princess and HAL have always had more varied itineraries but we would rather be on a Celebrity ship on a trip to nowhere than cruising to many of those ports on their ships. With flying in coach getting more aggravating every year, ships will have to stay close to major population centres.

Our west coast cruise on Princess goes to San Francisco, Santa Barbara, San Diego and Ensenada. They also have trips that go to Catalina, Cabo and P.V. Mexico. I have been to all of these ports many times. Many beautiful stops. Getting bored with Caribbean and it takes 12 hours for us to get to Florida as no nonstop flights.

The flight schedules and prices to FLL and Miami are nuts right now. So I agree Maggie, it's faster to get to London than San Juan!

Other than thru Miami (we flew American Airlines that has like a dozen or flights a day)... San Juan is not an easy Destination to get to.

So much so that Mr Sloop and I nicknamed it "You cannot get there from here" lol.

On our Summit Cruise in the Southern Caribbean we met a lot of other great fellow Cruisers (Sail Away - Celebrity Coonections - Tablemates - Activities) and this was definitely one topic that came up "how did you get to San Jan ?"

It seems to be a universal problem for everyone the world over but Miami

Cheers!

I could swear when I checked last December it was eight or nine hours from west coast...which is the same for London, I just didn't expect it to be longer. Now the norm is twelve to thirteen unless you pay up.

I would rather pay for upgraded cabin than upgraded plane seats, so we are not wounded upon arrive. Lol

Edited by hulamoon

Many people have already thrown in there opinion but mine is the same us left coasters would cruise more if there was not the hassle of flight to deal with. There are many options from princess but I would rather sail with celebrity. you could either do north to Victoria or south to Ensenada and do many different coastal cruises. also there is the option of Hawaii from sf through Ensenada. There are many options other than la to mexico.:eek:

Well, you West Coasters should lobby your Congress folks and Senators to support the repeal or major modifications to the PVSA. A change in the law would open up the West Coast (and East Coast) to all kinds of great potential itineraries.

Hank

Since this thread was started last year, Celebrity has done an admirable job of introducing some new ports and itineraries. They are more limited by having larger ships, but managed to come out with a slightly more interesting collection of cruises for 2015. I love seeing things like overnight calls at Mykonos and Ibiza, and a sizable slate of maiden calls. Having said that, while we prefer Celebrity, we take advantage of sailing different cruise lines for the varying itineraries. People who get too sucked into loyalty to one brand really miss out. Anyone see the Northwest Passage cruise from Anchorage to NYC on Crystal? Pretty amazing if you can take a month off and shell out $50,000 =)

Michael

Lots of itineraries we love and want to try, so we're slowly chipping away at the list, but my partner keeps coming back to this one. It would be truly amazing, but so is the price tag!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I second, third, etc. the nomination for bringing back a Pacific Coastal. Even though I am an East coaster, would really enjoy seeing the US! I also wish that they would bring back some of the 10 night cruises that go to Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao. To go to those islands now you have to go 14 nights. Also, bring back the longer Repo from NJ to SJU. Loved the 10 night Itin that they had in 2009! Now it is down to 6 nights, and not worth the cost of air.

I second, third, etc. the nomination for bringing back a Pacific Coastal. Even though I am an East coaster, would really enjoy seeing the US! I also wish that they would bring back some of the 10 night cruises that go to Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao. To go to those islands now you have to go 14 nights. Also, bring back the longer Repo from NJ to SJU. Loved the 10 night Itin that they had in 2009! Now it is down to 6 nights, and not worth the cost of air.

There are some options such as the Liberty of the Seas 11 day itinerary (from Ft Lauderdale) that includes Aruba and Bonaire. The new Royal Princess does a 10 day (from Ft Lauderdale) that also stops at Aruba and Bonaire. And the Noordam does a 10 day that stops at Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire.

So your problem is not the lack of cruises but rather your inflexibility of choosing a cruise line. Many years ago DW and I became "equal opportunity cruisers" in that we found that its enjoyable to vary our cruise lines (you get more variety). To date we have been on 14 different cruise lines (probably about 60 different ships) and have loved every cruise.

Hank

I would like more west coast cruises. I would like one that cruises from San Diego to San Francisco and back on a regular basis. I would also be interested in the longer circle Hawaii cruise, but in the S class ships. (I am very nervous doing transatlantics or transpacifics in older ships.) I don't want more cruises to or out of Vancouver (Unless it is round trip to San Diego.)

Absolutely yes to the first part!! Took a 10 day California cruise last year and it was one of the best of my 30+ cruises by far. Would also love to see them go back to some of the Mexican ports. I don't know that the overall safety in Mexico has changed a lot, but I have read that for some of the ports there is much better security and a much lower crime risk provided you stay within the tourist areas. Would love to see some 7-10 day cruises out of LA or San Diego, down to Mexico and back.

There are some options such as the Liberty of the Seas 11 day itinerary (from Ft Lauderdale) that includes Aruba and Bonaire. The new Royal Princess does a 10 day (from Ft Lauderdale) that also stops at Aruba and Bonaire. And the Noordam does a 10 day that stops at Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire.

So your problem is not the lack of cruises but rather your inflexibility of choosing a cruise line. Many years ago DW and I became "equal opportunity cruisers" in that we found that its enjoyable to vary our cruise lines (you get more variety). To date we have been on 14 different cruise lines (probably about 60 different ships) and have loved every cruise.

Hank

Not untrue, but this is a Celebrity thread so I am making a leap of faith that the OP was referring to Celebrity itineraries. Celebrity is also my cruise line of choice and I very dearly miss the 10 day cruises out of San Juan that went to Aruba. They were some of my very favorites. The cruises you mention would certainly be nice, but they would not have the number of ports of the ones I have fond memories of - leaving out of SJU is a big plus IMHO. I could cruise other lines, but as a long-time Celebrity cruiser (for which I am at the Elite+ level - no brag; just fact:)) I miss out on a lot of perks if I choose another line. I have cruised Carnival, Princess, NCL, RCI and Celebrity. I vastly prefer the last two, particularly Celebrity. I also have enjoyed every cruise I have ever been on, but it would be nice if Celebrity would bring back some of those awesome cruises.

My dream cruise is a South Africa leg with a 3 day at port to enable a real safari experience. could be incorporated into part of a world tour.

Also a leg from Valpariso to Ecuador (accessing the Galapagos), Peru over night ( flight to Machu Pichu) with further stops at Hanga Roa, Pitcairn islands and Tahiti

As one of the posters above mentioned, if you become totally "loyal" to only Celebrity, you will be missing so many great itineraries! Princess has many of the cruises and destinations that people on this thread have said they'd like to do. I'm sure others do too.

If Celebrity (or any cruiseline) does not provide the travel experiences you wish to have, then go to another cruiseline that does. I can't imagine going to the same old places over and over instead of venturing to new places just because of "loyalty" to one line.

Ditto

We love X but the best itineraries we ever had were on sister RCI. The South Pacific out of Sydney....Vanuatu, Noumea, Vila, Ouvea, Isle of Pines, etc. A repositioning out of Galveston...Barcelona, Alexandria, Suez Canal, Jordan, Dubai, India, Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, etc.

Now we are looking for a slow boat to China from NY.

Doesn't have to be X but that would be nice. Unfortunately X has a bunch of stick in the mud agents keeping the tried and true ports in constant play. HO HUM

I would like to see:

Partial Panama Canal R/T out of Fort Lauderdale/Miami. (Even RCL doesn't do this anymore).

R/T to Bermuda from Fort Lauderdale/Miami. Preferred months of April or May. (not hurricane season).

R/T New England (including Quebec overnight) in the Spring, not just the Fall.

R/T out of West Coast 25-30 days, Hawaii/Polynesian islands. (Holland does it, but I will not cruise them).

I am booked on RCL's Legend OTS this December 15 for 9 nights out of Ft. Lauderdale does Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and Jamaica. I too wanted to go back to these islands and not have to do a 14-nighter.

RCL's Serenade OTS is doing it next year, you might want to look into it. The Vision Class on RCL is a great ship. Been on the Jewel OTS and Brilliance OTS and love these ships.

I would like to see:

Partial Panama Canal R/T out of Fort Lauderdale/Miami. (Even RCL doesn't do this anymore).

R/T to Bermuda from Fort Lauderdale/Miami. Preferred months of April or May. (not hurricane season).

R/T out of West Coast 25-30 days, Hawaii/Polynesian islands. (Holland does it, but I will not cruise them).

I would like to see:

Interesting list.

I too would like to see a R/T from Florida to the Panama Canal.

As for Quebec City... I love this Canadian Destination... And as we have family there we visit fairly regularly.

Sadly, it is not at it's best in the Spring...

Spring comes late to Old Quebec... (ie Tulips mid to late May). And it can be fairly chilly & rainy as well.

Sometimes there is literally, no Spring. And they find themselves in the middle of a heat wave (80s & 90s F)... And Summer gets underway.

Not so much in Quebec City (due to the continual breeze that this cliff top location gets)... But the rest of the St Lawrence Region downstream including The Saguenay & Charlevoix Region kick off Summer with quite a nasty bug season... That lasts thru all of June.

Now July & August... Those are prime times to visit Eastern Canada... Including the Provinces of Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI and Nova Scotia !!

Summer & Fall best times to tour by boat or by land these parts of Canada... And I will even throw Newfoundland & Labrador into the mix. Not enough cruise ships seeing these places... Not highly populated but the scenery & wildlife can be exceptional.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I would like to see:

If you want a round trip from florida to the Panama Canal..use Princess. They have two ships designed for the Panama Canal (Island & Coral) and offer a great cruise for this.

Also for Hawaii?Polynesian islands via Princess.