Which new destinations would you like?

Presto2

B2B for 21 days from San Juan. Perfect for us. I miss those itineraries' date=' too.[/quote']

Ain't it the truth! I doubt it will ever happen though, because they can't get enough $$$ for them. But it was grey going to the ABC islands!

I don't agree. Wait until the Castros are gone.

You are soooo right. Havana had some great infrastructure. Some of which has been kept up as Europeans, Canadians etc have no travel restrictions. My gut feeling is that as soon as Fidel is gone his brother will court US tourists. I will put my $ down that Carnival will be the 1st line to make a Miami, Key West Havana itinerary.

Carole

Unfortunately... There is a lot of bad blood / memories still between the USA & Cuba.

Personally, I think that things won't change on that front until BOTH Fidel Castro (88) Brother Raul (83) are gone

--- --- ---

Sadly, I have found in my Travels that a lot of Americans are under the impression that Cuba has literally been at a standstill since the Revolution more than 50 years ago

This is not completely true.

Particularly so in the last 20 or so years when Canada & many other countries have formed trade ties with her

Cuba does indeed have a very active Tourism industry...

Maybe not the availability of 5 Star like in other parts of North America / the Caribbean but many many Tourists do visit Cuba... And like it enough to return more than once (a real indicator of a happy Traveller)

The post that AIRBALANCER created is a good one... As it clearly shows that ideas flourish

Louis Cristal might not be my choice for a cruise... But it shows the creativeness of modern day Cuba and her investors.

These would be different ports

6c0149298ae557c90dba2a17be9c4c16.jpg

Mark

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Roundtrip Transatlantic, all on Celebrity, rather than having to coordinate one segment with Cunard.
I would love to see that, a transatlantic cruise that makes a number of round trip crossings throughout the spring/summer/fall cruise season, hitting several of the major European ports to connect with different European cruises.

Ideal for Americans with a lot of vacation time would be the ability to take a TA from Florida to London or Rome, for example, followed by one or more British Isles or Baltic or Med or Norwegian Fjord cruises, (or a combination of European cruise plus land touring), and then catch the X transatlantic cruise westbound back across the pond without needing to remain in Europe for the entire summer/fall cruise season to do so.

It might be viable having European cruises as feeders to fill it for the westbound segments and Panama Canal/Caribbean cruises to fill it for the eastbound segments, if they can get enough passengers who don't want to fly one way.

I am booked on RCL's Legend OTS this December 15 for 9 nights out of Ft. Lauderdale does Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and Jamaica. I too wanted to go back to these islands and not have to do a 14-nighter.

RCL's Serenade OTS is doing it next year, you might want to look into it. The Vision Class on RCL is a great ship. Been on the Jewel OTS and Brilliance OTS and love these ships.

Thanks... we are interested in ABC islands too! we'll check out Serenade..hopefully not around holiday time....9 and 10 nights is perfect...14 just too long for us right now . . I also think you meant Radiance Class...we like them too. Vision is one class earlier..