Which new destinations would you like?

Presto2

More ports of France, Portugal and Spain along the Atlantic.

Africa and the Isles such as Mauritius, departing Perth AU. Also I have seen a cruise (a section of a world cruise operated by P) that boards in NY sails to ports in Caribbean, Panama Canal, Quito and Lima in Peru for Machu Pichu, Easter and Pitcairn Islands, Tahiti, Pago, Pago, Samoa, Auckland and then Sydney. Its is a bit of a hike with 38 nights but maybe some of the ports could be skipped to make it shorter and more affordable. Love to do something a little different with X across the Pacific and getting a taste of South America.
Many of the suggestions here are simply too far out of the way to be feasibly added to any itinerary. And some of the more exotic itineraries (e.g. south Pacific, east Africa, Western Europe), while exciting to the well-travelled amongst us (including me) are also not likely to happen because there just won't be enough demand/interest to sail it regularly for any given period of the season.

In addition, as everyone knows, cruise ships are only getting bigger and filled with more passengers so many of the ports these days either simply can't accommodate the ship physically, or the sheer numbers of people ashore. This is especially the case in the Caribbean--how many "new" ports are there that can dock/tender and accommodate 3,000-5,000 people per visit?

So when it comes to new destinations, X's approach with Silhouette itinerary in the Med this summer (as just one example) was both feasible and doable: rather than sail the same old Adriatic ports (i.e. Venice, Dubrovnik and/or Split), they added Kotor, Ravenna and Malta to that particularly well-worn path. Kotor, Montenegro and Valletta, Malta were true gems on our recent cruise!

I would like more west coast cruises. I would like one that cruises from San Diego to San Francisco and back on a regular basis. I would also be interested in the longer circle Hawaii cruise, but in the S class ships. (I am very nervous doing transatlantics or transpacifics in older ships.) I don't want more cruises to or out of Vancouver (Unless it is round trip to San Diego.)

I agree with more west coast cruises, but other than the usual costal ports the cruises would have to be at least two weeks to get anywhere. But a round trip cruise from the west coast to Japan, Korea, Russia would be tempting.

I don't really care what itineraries Celebrity offers, because while we always look at X itineraries first, we enjoy trying different ships and lines. So we are always able to find something new and exotic that way. Yes, X does offer repetitive ports in places like the Med and Caribbean, but that just gives us an excuse to try a different line. Our next two cruises are on X on itineraries we haven't done, but then we will switch over to a new line and give something else a try. I feel like people get so obsessed over one cruise line.

Michael

Have just come back from a fabulous cruise to the Eastern Med and Greek Islands on the "Beautiful Celebrity Silhouette" (as they say!) :)

While on board we were thinking that it would be great if, instead of the same itineraries that many cruisers have tried before, that they tried something slightly different. Nothing major - just something in the same area that would be new to people who have been before.

We thought that it would be great if they considered sailing from Athens to give us the chance to do a few nights there pre / post sailing and then a cruise that would touch on various ports in Turkey and not just Kusadasi. (There are places like PamukLale Cotton Castles, Marmaris, Fethiye, Olu Deniz, Troy and Side to see etc etc)

This could also include a stop over in Cyprus which is a beautiful island with so many places of interest.

Another one is the Canary Islands - no other cruise lines does this in the August months --- the Eclipse tends to do the same itineraries as P&O in the Summer --- why not try something new?

Just wondering if anyone else has any more ideas of other places that Celebrity could add to their cruise itineraries - perhaps not for now but, say in 2015.

:)

1. A South American cruise that includes Brazil.

2. A cruise from South America to South Africa, Mauritius, then Australia or SE Asia.

I'd love to see more cruises to and from Bayonne going back and forth to Canada, to the Caribbean year round, and up and down the East Coast.

For Europe, if possible, a Black Sea cruise that leaves and returns from Odessa.

I would like to see some South Pacific cruises. Princess used to have those 11-12N cruises doing both HA islands and Tahiti. Put smaller X ships in the smaller islands over there. I think X is making some effort to become a little more creative on the itins. I also think a series of 30Ners that could be linked would sell. A plug for our recently done Venice-Rome on Silhouette cruise.One of best itineries ever!

Edited by zoncom

We greatly enjoyed our Rome-Istanbul-Rome cruise in 2011 and are very excited about our Venice-Rome Adriatic one next month. However, I think that the Western Med ports are neglected by Celebrity. I would like to see a cruise from Barcelona including ports such as Valencia, Malaga, Ibiza, Palma, Corsica, Sardinia, Marseille, Nice, and Genoa.

Like your thinking....also the post re sections of world cruises would fit into these itineraries. I bit 'out of the way' than the normal WCs. But not if you are from those parts of the world. We would travel to where ever if the itinerary was different to the norm.

I would like to see a Celebrity ship in Europe over the winter months November to April.

Next year most of the TA's are in October. There is no European cruise for November.

Since I work in the tourist industry May to October is much more difficult for me to take a holiday, since Im not a fan of hot weather (too accustomed to the cold in The Highlands!) the Carribean isn't as attractive a place as it might be :)

The Eclipse TA is from Southampton November 9 - 23

Anything round trip out of San Francisco. The Century will be here in September next year - it would be lovely if she would stay.:D

A few years ago we took a 12 night round trip to Alaska. It was wonderful. For many of us in the East, it is not cost efficient to fly to the west coast for a 7 nighter. Another time we were on a 14 nighter from Vancouver to Alaska and down to LA. Perfect.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

I'd vote for Tahiti and the South Pacific. I'm afraid I'm going to have to defect to the Paul Gauguin for that one. The repositioning cruises from Australia touch on the area, but don't spend enough time to make it worthwhile. If they could break the repositioning into three cruises, and have the mid cruise concentrate on French Polynesia, I'd be thrilled.

Although I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the experience on the Paul Gauguin, I'm sure I won't enjoy the price tag. :rolleyes:

I keep looking for a Transatlantic that goes to Iceland, Greenland, Norway.
Many Trans-Atlantic cruises are simply cheap, probably money-losing repositioning cruises and these ports are not "en-route". These ports might almost make sense if you're moving a ship from say Oslo to New York, but almost all ships need to move from Florida to Mediterranean or UK ports (and vice versa). Hence most TAs make the same stops in western Europe, Azores, Canaries, etc. Edited by Terpnut