Which new destinations would you like?

Presto2

Thanks everyone for your ideas - keep them coming! It is interesting to read the thoughts of people from different parts of the world. I suppose I just wish that they would do something different for the main August holidays than the norm. They used to do Israel and now that has stopped. The Western Med ports are done to death by other cruise lines from the UK such as Princess and P&O and the Eastern Med ones / Greece could do with something different as well. I recognise that they added a few different ports this time, but I am sure that there is far more to see in Turkey. I have to admit Thomson seem to do some good itineraries, but their ships are quite a bit smaller so that may make a difference.

(And before anyone asks - no I don't want to jump ship and move cruise lines.;))

Well , your not going to believe it coming from me , but guess where I think more ships should come ?

WALES. :D

A few ships have been , and it's a fantastic place to come.

Forget all the rest of Europe , Wales has more castles per acre than anywhere else on Earth .

Great culture, moderate climate, great landscapes, and really great people. ;)

I would love to see some cruises out of Charleston. There

are a lot of interesting places along the east coast of the U.S.

Vicki

Unfortunately, the only ship that goes out of Charleston is an old Carnival ship. The harbor is not deep enough for the newer ships. That would be great for us here in SC.

Definitely Cuba and how about St Bart's?

Putting politics aside, Flights now leave from US airports for Cuba regularly and are 100% legal for US citizens.

Two years of research and applications to the Dept. of the Treasury along with two years of rejections for any form of cruise to Havana have left me exhausted.

Dozens of the same programs that my application included are available if you fly but for some odd reason the same programs will not be allowed if you cruise into the harbor.

bosco

Well , your not going to believe it coming from me , but guess where I think more ships should come ?

Forget all the rest of Europe , Wales has more castles per acre than anywhere else on Earth .

Yes, Wales is lovely! We were on the Infinity British Isles cruise in May & did a Wales tour from Liverpool which was a highlight of the cruise.

I would love to see some cruises out of Charleston. There

are a lot of interesting places along the east coast of the U.S.

Vicki

I agree with this...cruises out of N. Florida or SC that go along with Atlantic coast. May be a problem getting in a foreign port though.

Yip - totally agree with that one. Have had family who lived in Wales for 25 years and my Dad still there so we visit every weekend. Was in South Wales at Uni for 3 yrs too ------- a beautiful part of the world. AND you have Dr Who !!!!!!!!! ;)

I would like a trip from NYC to Iceland and back, stopping at various US and Canada ports.

I have recommended that in the past. The closest option is HAL's Voyage of the Vikings roundtrip from Boston which goes all the way to Amsterdam and back.

Hehehe...:D;)

Seriously, if ever the Political issues will be solved, it will prove extremely popular as a cruiseport.

The Canary Islands are very nice, but virtually unknown to the US public.

A seven day cruise can do Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Lanzarote, La Palma and hop over to Madeira.

A cruise following the Brazilian coast is also Top.

Hehehe...:D;)

Seriously, if ever the Political issues will be solved, it will prove extremely popular as a cruiseport.

The Canary Islands are very nice, but virtually unknown to the US public.

A seven day cruise can do Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Lanzarote, La Palma and hop over to Madeira.

A cruise following the Brazilian coast is also Top.

Both sound great!

I keep hoping for a northern route transatlantic including iceland, greenland, etc.

Africa is also an untapped cruise continent.....not sure if there are ports that could handle a large cruise ship and not sure of safety, but it seems to be wide open for someone.

I would like to see more cruises in and around Australia during winter (July). We have to holiday during school breaks and would love to cruise close to home. The only ones available during this period is P&O or carnival. Who says all cruises have to sunny and warm.

I wouldn't mind cruising around Southern Africa as well. It's a wonderful place to visit.

A cruise that left Perth headed to Asia and then came back would be great. There are one way cruises but I would like to be able to avoid flying so I can pack without weight restrictions.

Yip - totally agree with that one. Have had family who lived in Wales for 25 years and my Dad still there so we visit every weekend. Was in South Wales at Uni for 3 yrs too ------- a beautiful part of the world. AND you have Dr Who !!!!!!!!! ;)

I'd take a cruise that had an excursion to Cardiff and the Doctor Who experience...