Negotiate price for remaining suites?

steveru621

I seriously doubt that you could negotiate any discount. Furthermore, there are still 27 days to your cruise. For people who can go at a moment's notice, that is plenty of time for the cruise to be filled.

The best thing to do is watch the prices, and if it does go down, jump on the new price.

They have them at the price they do because history shows them they can probably sell them at those rates. They won't "negotiate" with you. Rates are not set by anyone you would be talking to. They can only give you the rate they're authorized to.

I can't speak for JS, but I do know on our Allure sailing this past May, i spoke with someone that negotiate for one of the BIG suites. They had a number of cabins booked for their family. They offered about 1/2 the asking price the week before and got it.

But like I say, if you don't ask, it's an automatic no, so why not try. :D

Erika

Calling and making them an offer at worst results in 10 minutes of time down the drain. I would not want to deal with the first rep you get in this situation though, you may need someone higher up the chain.

I can't speak for JS, but I do know on our Allure sailing this past May, i spoke with someone that negotiate for one of the BIG suites. They had a number of cabins booked for their family. They offered about 1/2 the asking price the week before and got it.

But like I say, if you don't ask, it's an automatic no, so why not try. :D

Erika

If you don't ask... As a businessman I've learned almost everything is negotiable. Thought I might get some expert CC opinions on where to start. I do know it's not a good idea to try at night or on a weekend with inexperienced staff. I'll post the results.

If you don't ask... As a businessman I've learned almost everything is negotiable. Thought I might get some expert CC opinions on where to start. I do know it not a good idea to try at night or on a weekend with inexperienced staff. I'll post the results.

I'd be very interested in hearing what happens!

If you don't ask... As a businessman I've learned almost everything is negotiable. Thought I might get some expert CC opinions on where to start. I do know it not a good idea to try at night or on a weekend with inexperienced staff. I'll post the results.

Please do, would like the results. Maybe a starting point would be half, 800 for both. You have to get their interest:D..Hope it works out.

Our next cruise is only 27 days out and there are 3-4 remaining JS's that I would dearly love to upgrade to. The current upgrade price from my D1 is over $800pp, too much for my pocketbook.

Has any called and negotiated with RCI on the upgrade price?

I think you would have better luck closer to your sail date. Most of the ""deals" I've heard of are just a few days before sailing.

The week before our May 26 Allure cruise, several people in our roll call got calls and were offered crown lofts for $300. They declined as they had several cabins together and did not want to break that up.

I tried calling to tell them I would take them up on the offer but couldn't get anyone on line that had the authority to make the deal.

That issue will be the biggest stumbling block in negotiating. Finding someone who has the authority.

Bill

They are currently offering a W Deluxe Stateroom Guarantee at $2549pp and a GS Guarantee for $4049pp.

Yes, they lowered the JS price -$500 last week for a sale and left it there. Our D1 is $1,699, so it's still more than I'd like to pay.

As other posters have said it may be a balancing act between last minute locals and RCI's desire to get at least some money rather than a 'free' upgrade. So many factors here including the fact it's a 12 day, and to get, last minute, 2 weeks off is difficult for everyone but retirees. The C&A website was changed to say discounted upgrades for diamonds. It doesn't say who calls who? We'll see, DW isn't entirely sold on the idea unless the price is real cheap. Think I'll try next Wednesday morning when I have some time to stay on the phone.

Many thanks to everyone that took the time to express their thoughts.

If you don't ask... As a businessman I've learned almost everything is negotiable. Thought I might get some expert CC opinions on where to start. I do know it's not a good idea to try at night or on a weekend with inexperienced staff. I'll post the results.
you are so right twice I have negotiated with rcl once was when I had been watching the monarch of the seas for a last minute cruise and waited to long where on ocean views was available asked for a manager and explains the value of me being on the ship as opposed as that room sailng empty even suggested she upgrade someone else and give he the inside for 129 rather than the 219 they wanted for the ocean she accepted the offer granted was 27 hrs away from sailing but she put me into the ocean view the second time I was travel with my elderly m I l who was book in a inside they upgraded her to 9255 on the allure central park view . I call rcl then my ta and did a 3 way call and explain was her 1st cruise and I needed her to be near me and explained 9655 was still available and again the upgraded me

My family has three D1 cabins on the Oasis Nov 30th sailing that we paid $1259 per person (before port charges and gratuities). It's already paid in full since payment was due last week.

When I checked the prices at a website on line I noticed that the prices of the JS had dropped. (You can't help but notice the changes listed in green.) After a phone call and some computing by the rep we ended up grading to a JS for $80 more per person, and we still have three cabins. This turned out to be a better deal than the $130 more per person that I saw on the website and was willing to pay. And as an added bonus the OBC increased from $190 to $215 per cabin. So our net increase cost to a JS is $135 per cabin ($80 pp X 2 less $25 more OBC). I was still able to retain by Crown & Anchor discount.

So in the end it never hurts to make a phone call and ask. I paid less than I originally was calling about. It turns out there was some resident rate deal going on that wasn't reflected on the website I was on.

My family has three D1 cabins on the Oasis Nov 30th sailing that we paid $1259 per person (before port charges and gratuities). It's already paid in full since payment was due last week.

When I checked the prices at a website on line I noticed that the prices of the JS had dropped. (You can't help but notice the changes listed in green.) After a phone call and some computing by the rep we ended up grading to a JS for $80 more per person, and we still have three cabins. This turned out to be a better deal than the $130 more per person that I saw on the website and was willing to pay. And as an added bonus the OBC increased from $190 to $215 per cabin. So our net increase cost to a JS is $135 per cabin ($80 pp X 2 less $25 more OBC). I was still able to retain by Crown & Anchor discount.

So in the end it never hurts to make a phone call and ask. I paid less than I originally was calling about. It turns out there was some resident rate deal going on that wasn't reflected on the website I was on.

Nice....No such luck on the very limited inventory on my Oasis Oct 5th.

Ashland - since we no longer have to worry about sailing based on the school calendar we found that the prices for cruising between Thanksgiving and Christmas are less expensive. This give us an opportunity to up grade for just a little bit more.

We were able to get a similar deal the beginning of December last year on the Carnival Freedom.

PS - we don't always find a good deal, sometimes upgrading will cost over $1000 more and to me that kind of additional dollars isn't worth it.

Archived