Beer question

junetraveler2014

My husband loves groulsch beer (not sure of spelling) and I don't see it on the list I have. Does Celebrity still sell this beer. We purchased the premium beverage package also wondering if it is covered at $12.00 or less. Thanks for your replies.:)

Yes, they still have Grolsch beer. We had the premium package in April on the Solstice and it is included. My wife had it a few times while trying all the different beers they had.

Grolsch is covered under the premium package and not the classic because it is served in a 15.2 oz (450 ml) flip top bottle. Fosters is in the big oil can so it also costs more than $5. There may be one or two beers that are not covered by the premium package, but with the premium package if you want a drink that costs more than $12 you only pay the difference in price. They have a decent selection and naturally they can't have every beer available. I found that some of the micro beers were a little skunky because of the low turnover, am glad that they were covered by the package. It was easy to ditch and get something else.

:D

Grolsch is covered under the premium package and not the classic because it is served in a 15.2 oz (450 ml) flip top bottle. Fosters is in the big oil can so it also costs more than $5. There may be one or two beers that are not covered by the premium package, but with the premium package if you want a drink that costs more than $12 you only pay the difference in price. They have a decent selection and naturally they can't have every beer available. I found that some of the micro beers were a little skunky because of the low turnover, am glad that they were covered by the package. It was easy to ditch and get something else.

:D

I discovered in Australia that Fosters is not sold there. It is not Australian.

Not sure who told you that but:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/575/918

The company that makes Fosters may be Australian, but the beer is not sold in Australia. In fact, if you go in a bar in Australia and ask for a Fosters, people will laugh at you. It is marketed in the USA as Australian, but not Australian.

The company that makes Fosters may be Australian, but the beer is not sold in Australia. In fact, if you go in a bar in Australia and ask for a Fosters, people will laugh at you. It is marketed in the USA as Australian, but not Australian.

Also marketed as such in Europe. It is now owned by SAB Miller a South African company.

Fosters is produced in the UK and many other countries under license (as are many other beers like, for example, Budweiser .

I discovered in Australia that Fosters is not sold there. It is not Australian.

I haven't been to Australia but I have also heard that they don't drink Fosters. In Mexico they don't drink Corona and refer to it as donkey pi$$.

And what really amazes me is that Bud is the best selling beer in Canada. :confused:

Also marketed as such in Europe. It is now owned by SAB Miller a South African company.

Fosters is produced in the UK and many other countries under license (as are many other beers like, for example, Budweiser .

Budweiser in Europe is actually excellent, unlike the watery yellowish carbonated liquid sold in the us under that name.

Most of the Fosters we see is made in Canada. Did not see Fosters anywhere in Australia. I asked while we were there and was told it is not very popular and not very good. There are a lot of Australian beers that are a lot better.

Hmmm. Not much of a beer drinker, but always liked Grolsch. Since I have the premium package in two weeks, I might have to relive some "childhood" memories...:D

Oh, and did I mention I was cruising? In two weeks?:thumbup::beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

My husband loves groulsch beer (not sure of spelling) and I don't see it on the list I have. Does Celebrity still sell this beer. We purchased the premium beverage package also wondering if it is covered at $12.00 or less. Thanks for your replies.:)

On Reflection two weeks ago and Grolsch was available in all bars, but it's priced outside the Classic package limit.

Since the OP has purchased the Premium package, it does not matter that the cost of the beer exceeds the 5.00 Classic limit. Their Premium package will cover everything up to 12.00.

I am looking forward to our Celebrity Cruise, and also looking forward to tasting some of the Pale Ales from overseas destinations.

We have some good pale ales in Australia, eg. Coopers Pale Ale.

I downloaded a list of the beers in one of the bars on Celebrity, and it showed a number of beers, including Pale Ales & IPA's, so I will certainly try them all, not at once, but over the course of the cruise.

Perhaps a nice IPA with a juicy steak.

Archived