Experience the Celebrity Suite Life.

dmk

Just so you know, you may not be that special

Thanks for bursting my bubble.

Don't be sad dmk, I think there are a lot of folks that think you're special.

Thanks for posting. :)

Orator missed my point. I am not envious. I just believe that comparison is the enemy of contentment. I will not spend a single moment comparing what I get to what anyone else gets. I made no judgment about what people did to earn the money to go on their cruises. I just judged the notion that any of us should feel entitles to more than what we paid for.

Against my better judgement I want to say: I am honored to know many of the most frequent cruisers. Most were not born of the Nobility. They were teachers and career military. Not the highest paying jobs. They made significant sacrifices along the way that put them in a position where they could retire doing what they dreamed of doing. They are "blessed" because THEY made it happen. Rather than being envious of them you should learn from them and achieve in life what is important to you.

Would it be wrong if me to say "Amen!" :confused: :D

Andrew

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I received an email from Celebrity yesterday. It basically said this:

Experience the Celebrity Suite Life.

From time to time, we have upgrades available on select sailings, and as a Captain's Club member, you'll have the first opportunity to take advantage of these exciting upgrade opportunities—at amazing rates. So, we're excited to let you know that for your upcoming vacation on Celebrity ReflectionSM, you can upgrade to a higher stateroom category at a discounted rate.*

It gave a telephone number for my TA call. When she tried she was told that there were no more upgrades left.

What I found interesting is that the email had my name, res# and captains club number. It was not a general email sent out to everyone.

Has anybody else received such an email and were they able to take advantage of it? I was to late.

We called & it would be $1,500. More for 2 to upgrade from cc3 to Celebrity suite. We decided against it. Would be nice but still a lot more money.

This is the first time in 53 cruises on Celebrity that we have ever received an email for this, last time I checked there were still 3 remaining Celebrity suites but still a lot more money than I would pay. It is for the TA on the Eclipse beginning of Nov, would love the upgrade though...........

Shirley

Thank you, OP. Makes me feel good that Celebrity loyals are being offered the upgrades.

If Only - You should call them again and see if the rate has changed. Since you have an interest, Celebrity may offer you another rate. The going rate difference from a CC3 to a CS on my next cruise is $2300pp. I'd have to think about paying $800pp more to upgrade, though it sure sounds like a deal!

I got the email also and am on the 11/3/13 TA along with others. First time I ever got it and did call and was offered a CS for additional $$. We decided to go for it and say it was our Christmas present. When I spoke with the agent she said that the price difference depended on what you were booked in and what you wanted to go up to. She did mention that it was so past cruisers. I was excited to be able to do this.

I beleve that if I had booked it directly with Celebrity, I might have had a chance. The email came in @ 6:30 p.m. last night. I could have called directly. However, it took until 11:00 this morning to make a contact with my TA.

Definitely, too late!

I hope there is a next time:rolleyes:

DMK,

What seems strange to me is that the Suites on the November 1 Reflections have been sold out for a while, so why would they try to see you an upgrade?

Sorry you did not get it. Better luck next time.

DMK,

What seems strange to me is that the Suites on the November 1 Reflections have been sold out for a while, so why would they try to see you an upgrade?

Good question! I thought of that at the time also. But then thought, oh maybe they have one tucked away especially for me. lol:)

I have never received such an email, but I think it would be a great perk for the potential higher level talked about for the Captains Club, should it ever happen.

I don't think upgrades should have anything whatever to do with one's number of cruises on Celebrity.

DMK,

I've started watching the spring TA on Reflection and every single suite is sold, except 2 sky suite cabins still left. Seems odd this far out for that too...!

I've started watching the spring TA on Reflection and every single suite is sold, except 2 sky suite cabins still left. Seems odd this far out for that too...!

If it is like our cruise there will be a lot of action after the final payment date.

I don't think upgrades should have anything whatever to do with one's number of cruises on Celebrity.

:confused: Because first time cruisers deserve it more? Or are you suggesting that people not even booked with Celebrity be first in line for upgrades?:D

Andrew

:confused: Because first time cruisers deserve it more? Or are you suggesting that people not even booked with Celebrity be first in line for upgrades?:D

Andrew

I agree with you, this type of upgrades should be offered to Celebrity/RCCL loyal cruisers first.

DMK,

I don't know that we can actually tell if the suites are sold out. We can see what is available on many websites, but that doesn't mean that the ones not listed are all sold.

I agree with you, this type of upgrades should be offered to Celebrity/RCCL loyal cruisers first.

Maybe reserve upgrades for those have never AND WILL NEVER cruise with Celebrity... now, that's fair!:D

Maybe reserve upgrades for those have never AND WILL NEVER cruise with Celebrity... now, that's fair!:D

Good idea! Could be a perk for the new Captain's Club never cruised with Celebrity level. Naturally, you will lose this perk the first time you actually cruise.

I don't know that we can actually tell if the suites are sold out. We can see what is available on many websites, but that doesn't mean that the ones not listed are all sold.

That would certainly appear to be the situation in this example. The Celebrity website said the Suites were all sold out, but DMK was offered an upgrade sell. Perhaps one just opened up between when I was checking and was purchased or has you suggest perhaps they are not actually sold out. Although this would seem to be a very strange business practice.

Archived