Where is Rhapsody going?

PCWalton1

Yeah, am certainly getting the feeling that the people already booked on the cruise factor quite low into this process. Ours was $4500, I guess they are sitting on a lot of money. Just annoying cause it doesn't look like this will come off or what will be substituted will suit our family unfortunately.

Can't remember where I read it, but I read that the May 2015 cruises won't be released until April 2014, I just hope that doesn't mean that they will leave us in limbo til then.

Kirsten

That's what I'm afraid of. We will have to wait until April.

I now wonder if maybe they are considering extending her as they have done with Vision and Enchantment. Remember Rhapsody was also in Alaska so which ship replaces her will be the new one for Australia. I did notice at the beginning of May(15) the 'Legend of the Seas' is in San Diego so is she going onto Alaska or the "Marina" transfering across from Asia?????? Years ago 'Legend' was the first RCL ship to Australia.

I now wonder if maybe they are considering extending her as they have done with Vision and Enchantment. Remember Rhapsody was also in Alaska so which ship replaces her will be the new one for Australia. I did notice at the beginning of May(15) the 'Legend of the Seas' is in San Diego so is she going onto Alaska or the "Marina" transfering across from Asia?????? Years ago 'Legend' was the first RCL ship to Australia.

If Anthem of the Seas is replacing Rhapsody in Alaska we will not see her down under.

(I did say IF)

I did notice at the beginning of May(15) the 'Legend of the Seas' is in San Diego so is she going onto Alaska or the "Marina" transfering across from Asia??????

Where did you see this? :confused:

Edited by Piepkorn

The cruises aren't cancelled or a refurbishment or lengthening.

Can't remember where I read it, but I read that the May 2015 cruises won't be released until April 2014, I just hope that doesn't mean that they will leave us in limbo til then.

Kirsten

That timing is about right, but on the bright side when they are redeploying for whatever reason, they normally announce it when everything is finalised. They don't wait for the regular schedule updates.

I wouldn't expect you have to wait that long, if there are any changes.

June, Legend is doing a full westbound transit through the PC on March 30, 2015 ending in San Diego on April 14 followed by a full eastbound transit on April 14 arriving back to Ft. Lauderdale on April 29. Itineraries beyond that period in 2015 have not been released yet.

Edited by cruisenfever

It was posted on the cruise board, might as well be here too. :)

Bill

Thanks Bill, felt a little cheeky posting the link .....but at least i didn't "cut n paste" :eek: if you decide to come down this way to do the repo, if and when they announce it, we owe you a drink ;):D:D cheers Shiona

[...] so which ship replaces her will be the new one for Australia. I did notice at the beginning of May(15) the 'Legend of the Seas' is in San Diego so is she going onto Alaska or the "Marina" transfering across from Asia??????

I assume JEWEL (or maybe VISION) is going to replace RHAPSODY in Alaska in 2015 - JEWEL is not liested in St. Maarten between May and end of Nov 2015 so she might be a possible option for Alaska... or she is moving to Europe.

As I read in another thread, MARINER may go to Australia soon - I assume from winter 2015 MARINER VOYAGER and RADIANCE may be deployed in Australia/NZ in 2015.

LEGEND OF THE SEAS is scheduled for Civitavecchia the whole summer season for 2015 - looks that she replaces SERENADE, which is scheduled for Scandinavia in 2015. ;)

Edited by celebrity_fan

I assume JEWEL (or maybe VISION) is going to replace RHAPSODY in Alaska in 2015 - JEWEL is not liested in St. Maarten between May and end of Nov 2015 so she might be a possible option for Alaska... or she is moving to Europe.

As I read in another thread, MARINER may go to Australia soon - I assume from winter 2015 MARINER VOYAGER and RADIANCE may be deployed in Australia/NZ in 2015.

LEGEND OF THE SEAS is scheduled for Civitavecchia the whole summer season for 2015 - looks that she replaces SERENADE, which is scheduled for Scandinavia in 2015. ;)

Hard to see them putting a ship without Oasis upgrades on Alaska. Jewel due for dry dock 2016.

I maybe wrong.

Good point. That would be a step back

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Do you think so? JEWEL is definitely newer than RHAPSODY or VISION! ;)

IMHO the Royal Advantage is not the main reason for a RCI Alaska cruise...

Which ship rather than JEWEL could replace RHAPSODY??

JEWEL is not likely to stay in the Caribbean in summer 2015 - where could she sail than?? :confused:

Vision hasn't been stretched. And Legend is likely only in San Diego to drop off passengers from her Panama Canal transit, although we'd be happy if she'd stay awhile longer.

Do you think so? JEWEL is definitely newer than RHAPSODY or VISION! ;)

IMHO the Royal Advantage is not the main reason for a RCI Alaska cruise...

Which ship rather than JEWEL could replace RHAPSODY??

JEWEL is not likely to stay in the Caribbean in summer 2015 - where could she sail than?? :confused:

But RCI is targeting people for whom the Royal Advantage is a big reason to sail on RCI's ships over the competition, no matter the destination.:) Jewel may have been built more recently (and she's one of our favorite RCI ships), but we favor Rhapsody because she now has the dining venues that we prefer. Food isn't why we travel, but other things (itinerary and crew) being equal, we'd pick a refurbished ship over one that hasn't been updated. I wouldn't call sailing on Jewel a step down, but she's now an older model.

Vision hasn't been stretched. And Legend is likely only in San Diego to drop off passengers from her Panama Canal transit, although we'd be happy if she'd stay awhile longer.

But RCI is targeting people for whom the Royal Advantage is a big reason to sail on RCI's ships over the competition, no matter the destination.:) Jewel may have been built more recently (and she's one of our favorite RCI ships), but we favor Rhapsody because she now has the dining venues that we prefer. Food isn't why we travel, but other things (itinerary and crew) being equal, we'd pick a refurbished ship over one that hasn't been updated. I wouldn't call sailing on Jewel a step down, but she's now an older model.

Maybe Quantum class in Alaska

Rhapsody of the Seas entry has been updated on Sydney Ports showing all but 2 sailings between 2 December 2015 - 21 March 2016 as being in port from 0600 to at least 2100.

Possible Freedom Class Ship from Asia camouflaged as Rhapsody?

Check in would take a lot longer for a larger ship at Sydney with the current terminal.

Rhapsody of the Seas entry has been updated on Sydney Ports showing all but 2 sailings between 2 December 2015 - 21 March 2016 as being in port from 0600 to at least 2100.

Possible Freedom Class Ship from Asia camouflaged as Rhapsody?

Check in would take a lot longer for a larger ship at Sydney with the current terminal.

When I cruised on the Radiance last February I was told by a long serving waiter that the Rhapsody would not be coming downunder after 2015 and that a Freedom class ship would be taking it's place. I also cruised on the Voyager the same month and was also told the same news but the staff on the Voyager did not know what class of ship will take the Rhapsody's place.

I was thinking about cruising Alaska in 2015 and coming all the way back to Sydney but a repositioning cruise to the Med sounds wonderful.

Elaine.