Where is Rhapsody going?

PCWalton1

I always enjoy a little speculation now and then so here is your opportunity. We are currently booked on the May 2, 2015 Rhapsody of the Seas cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver. However if you look on the Royal website the cruise doesn't exist anymore. Neither does the cruise just prior from Sydney to Hawaii. We can't get a very straight answer from the office other than speculation of maintenance.

Since these are the two transition cruises to move Rhapsody from Australia to Alaska, could it be they have a new location in mind. Time will tell. :)

Bill

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I always enjoy a little speculation now and then so here is your opportunity. We are currently booked on the May 2, 2015 Rhapsody of the Seas cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver. However if you look on the Royal website the cruise doesn't exist anymore. Neither does the cruise just prior from Sydney to Hawaii. We can't get a very straight answer from the office other than speculation of maintenance.

Since these are the two transition cruises to move Rhapsody from Australia to Alaska, could it be they have a new location in mind. Time will tell. :)

Bill

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Maybe we get to keep her here, Down Under all year round! Yay!! :D

I tried to get some information out of the Cruise Director on my recent Rhapsody cruise. If he knew anything he wasn't giving it away. All he said was as well as the Rhapsody, Radiance, Voyager, the Mariner is coming downunder as well. We already knew that.

Elaine.

I'm on the same cruise, sure hope they don't cancel it. I was going to the 50th state for my 50th!!:eek:

I hope this cruise comes back as well. That overnight in Maui was going to be the chance for DW and I to go back to the Old Lahaina Luau which we love.

This just looks familiar like 2012 when we were booked on Voyager for a Greece/Turkey cruise and first they pulled the cruises off their website then we read news releases online that Voyager was heading to China. It took several weeks of calls to Royal's front office before they finally admitted they were officially canceling our cruise and a few more weeks after that before they finally decide what to do with those of us that had already books.

Seems like they did that it reverse order but in typical RCI fashion. :rolleyes:

Bill

Isn't Quantum an all weather ship, perfect for the Alaska itinerary and the volatility of the weather in that area.

I agree. I've traditionally preferred Princess for Alaska due to stop in Glacier Bay. Now that I've been there twice, I would like to explore some other ports or fjords. If Royal placed Anthem in Alaska for the summer, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

:) i'm also booked for this cruise.. just talked to rci and they stated that rhapsody is off the site due to inventory maintenance upgading staterooms etc,,,,,,,,she will definitly be sailng from honolulu to vancouver on may2,2015 they said to not panick or worry

:) i'm also booked for this cruise.. just talked to rci and they stated that rhapsody is off the site due to inventory maintenance upgading staterooms etc,,,,,,,,she will definitly be sailng from honolulu to vancouver on may2,2015 they said to not panick or worry

Pretty much the same story I was told about my west coast Mariner cruise, look what happened there

That's what they always say when they have no clue what is going on because Miami hasn't bothered to clue in their customer service reps. I've never seen a cruise that I've been booked on disappear altogether like that - sometimes the entire sailing will show N/A, but then come back. For example, Allure is showing N/A across the board for May, 2015 as well. That would be consistent with the rumor that her TA to dry dock will be in the spring/summer, but that's just a rumor.

So we shall see what comes to pass. We adore Rhapsody and that itinerary, so will be very disappointed if that cruise is cancelled. The 9 nights on Radiance doesn't appeal at all.

Thank you for the alert! We wanted to book "Rhapsody" for a special anniversary as a B2B cruise from Sydney to Vancouver in April/May 2015 and thought there would be enough time to finalize our choice of cabins etc. Whereas only yesterday it showed a long list of available cabins on our trusted travel agent's website, today it says: " no cabins available, there's a waiting list, we'll keep you informed when bookings can be made."

I wonder...:eek::eek: I hope it's not a charter that snagged all the rest of available cabins? Neither do I want them to cancel those 2 cruises , as the only alternative would be HAL's "Oosterdam" for a similar itinerary.

Thank you for the alert! We wanted to book "Rhapsody" for a special anniversary as a B2B cruise from Sydney to Vancouver in April/May 2015 and thought there would be enough time to finalize our choice of cabins etc. Whereas only yesterday it showed a long list of available cabins on our trusted travel agent's website, today it says: " no cabins available, there's a waiting list, we'll keep you informed when bookings can be made."

I wonder...:eek::eek: I hope it's not a charter that snagged all the rest of available cabins? Neither do I want them to cancel those 2 cruises , as the only alternative would be HAL's "Oosterdam" for a similar itinerary.

Hmmm, HAL has released itineraries with Oosterdam doing Sydney to Hawaii to Vancouver (or West Coast of US). I could live with that substitution, if RCI cancels my Rhapsody B-2-B-2-B.

Got to go check the HAL site. It is more about the itinerary than the ship. :) Always helps to have a "Plan B".

Ray in NH

Hmmm, HAL has released itineraries with Oosterdam doing Sydney to Hawaii to Vancouver (or West Coast of US). I could live with that substitution, if RCI cancels my Rhapsody B-2-B-2-B.

Got to go check the HAL site. It is more about the itinerary than the ship. :) Always helps to have a "Plan B".

Ray in NH

I would rather spend two weeks in Hawaii (as if thatwould be a hardship) than sail again on Oosterdam. Even some of the HAL faithful say that she's their least favorite ship. I agree that the destination is key, but not on a ship I already know I don't like.