Where is Rhapsody going?

PCWalton1

It isn't the most user friendly search. Day by day...but did you notice the last day Rhapsody will be in Civitavecchia? Oct. 30, 2015 which to me would mean she begins her repositioning to somewhere back in the states. I think that's too late to go back to Australia since their summer season begins sooner.

And RCI has Splendour of the Seas leaving Civitavecchia for the last time that year on November 18.

Gina

I didn't do a daily search after she dropped off the schedule at the end of August - I wonder what itineraries she'll be doing? I don't think that we'll follow her around the world unless she has some longer itineraries than 7 days from RT Rome to Greece, as the summer schedule seems to indicate.

I for one wouldn't rejoice at the prospect of a Voyager class crossing from Honolulu. So far it's my least favorite class of ship. So we'll stay tuned and see how long it takes RCI to let us know that our cruise really is cancelled. At least it's too early to have made nonrefundable air arrangements...

I didn't do a daily search after she dropped off the schedule at the end of August - I wonder what itineraries she'll be doing? I don't think that we'll follow her around the world unless she has some longer itineraries than 7 days from RT Rome to Greece, as the summer schedule seems to indicate.

I assume in summer she will offer 7-night-Mediterranean trips which on NAVIGATOR operated the last years...

In fall she could do the 9-night-itineraries out of Civitavecchia, which SERENADE will offer in fall 2014 out of Civitavecchia.

It lokks that RCI might deploy eight ships in Europe in 2015 - ALLURE, ANTHEM, ADVENTURE, SERENADE, BRILLIANCE, RHAPSODY, SPLENDOUR, LEGEND.

Yeah, I also could imagine that two Radiance-class-ships are perfect for Alaska - according to the port schedule of St. maarten, JEWEL returns to San Juan in somewhat of November 2015 - maybe she'll do some interesting Panama cruises between west coast and San Juan. :)

Let's hope that JEWEL offers a better itinerary out of Seattle with four instead of three ports...

Edited by celebrity_fan

I assume in summer she will offer 7-night-Mediterranean trips which on NAVIGATOR operated the last years...

In fall she could do the 9-night-itineraries out of Civitavecchia, which SERENADE will offer in fall 2014 out of Civitavecchia.

It lokks that RCI might deploy eight ships in Europe in 2015 - ALLURE, ANTHEM, ADVENTURE, SERENADE, BRILLIANCE, RHAPSODY, SPLENDOUR, LEGEND.

Yeah, I also could imagine that two Radiance-class-ships are perfect for Alaska - according to the port schedule of St. maarten, JEWEL returns to San Juan in somewhat of November 2015 - maybe she'll do some interesting Panama cruises between west coast and San Juan. :)

Let's hope that JEWEL offers a better itinerary out of Seattle with four instead of three ports...

The problem with 4 ports out of Seattle, at least for Princess, is that the Victoria stop is from 7pm to midnight, then you're back in Seattle the next morning. We didn't even get off the ship for that little amount of time, and we love Victoria. Cutting out one port gives you more time there - I don't think they want to burn the fuel (and maybe there's a speed limit that they'd have to exceed) to add the additional port.

Edited by critterchick

Max if you base info by what is on the Rome Port website now this is my predictions.

Rhapsody arrives from Naples 12 July 2015 which probably is off a cruise from Australia 40 - 50 days. Sold in shorter sectors. Rhapsody then has a season in Rome until late October. Between 17 April 2015 and sometime in May 2015 I assume Rhapsody will do a few Easter cruises from Sydney. Then she will probably head to USA for Christmas 2015.

Legend of the Seas is also a regular visitor to Civitavecchia for summer 2015.

Adventure of the Seas comes to Roma also a few times.

Grandeur of the Seas makes an appearance in mid November 2015 most likely on a repositioning move to Santos.

BUT Allure of the Seas moves in Civitavecchia are gone. She is not going to Civitavecchia every Thursday from May 2015 to late October 2015 according to Rome ports.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1931109

BUT Allure of the Seas moves in Civitavecchia are gone. She is not going to Civitavecchia every Thursday from May 2015 to late October 2015 according to Rome ports.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1931109

I have also seen that ALLURE has disappeared from the list - same with ANTHEM. Several weeks ago she has been listed in le Havre and Villefranche but now she also disappeared from there - maybe RCI does not want that "everyone" knows that ALLURE and ANTHEM come to Europe in 2015 until RCI has announced anything...

Probably those ships will added to the schedules later again. ;)

What I also could imagine is that RHAPSODY sails in the eastern med from Venice or Piraeus (Athens) until July 2015 and than she moves to Civitavecchia...

LEGEND apperas every 12th day.

It isn't the most user friendly search. Day by day...but did you notice the last day Rhapsody will be in Civitavecchia? Oct. 30, 2015 which to me would mean she begins her repositioning to somewhere back in the states. I think that's too late to go back to Australia since their summer season begins sooner.

And RCI has Splendour of the Seas leaving Civitavecchia for the last time that year on November 18.

Gina

The first day of summer in Australia is December 1 and runs through the end of February. Spring begins September 1 through November.

Okay. But imagine how long ships need to travel from the Med to Australia. Via Suez Canal, Middle East, India and Asia, before they reach Australia.

IMHO it does not make sense that RHAPSODY returns to Australia/NZ after her Europe season...;)

Maybe MARINER replaces her - she is rumored to go to Australia/NZ soon...

Edited by celebrity_fan

The first day of summer in Australia is December 1 and runs through the end of February. Spring begins September 1 through November.

I know summer isn't sooner than Dec 1. It's just that I call our winter season their summer season. When ships come here from Europe I call it the winter season even though they actually come in fall. I realize we go by the solstice and equinox dates and they go by the 1st of the month during the equivalent but opposite month. If you know what I mean. :) And actually they don't have fall. They have autumn because apparently they don't lose their leaves like most of the USA does.

Basically I've always said that Radiance and Rhapsody are here for our summer season, even though they show up in our spring. And they show up down under for their summer season even though they get there in their spring.

Their autumn begins March 1 and winter June 1. And they don't have poinsettias for Christmas because theirs turn color in winter - June. :D

Gina

Edited by mommabean

A littlebit surreal... :D

Definitely it would be interesting to know where RHAPSODY actually goes than... and which ship replaces her in Alaska.

Since we are currently (since May) booked on the Queensland (11nt),Trans-Pacific (16nt), and Hawaii (13 nt) itineraries, we have a very vested interest on what is in store for Rhapsody. Of course, everyone at RCI that I (and our travel agent) have spoken with (up to Executive Office level) says they have nothing they can share as to what might be happening, but they "understand" our frustration.

I somehow have difficulty in believing any of their gibberish.

Ray in NH -- feeling better, after venting :)

Imagine the Panama "desaster" of CELEBRITY CENTURY, scheduled for Feb 2014. Imagine how long it took until Celebrity informed the booked passengers and provided a solution... :rolleyes:

Maybe some of the affected passengers who have booked RHAPSODY in April/May 2015 will be re-booked on RADIANCE.

Seems that RHAPSODY will not offer the Transpacific/Hawaii cruises... :o but since she is listed in Civitavecchia, she does not seem to stay year-round in Australia/NZ.

I also think the RADIANCE Hawaii itinerary is quite boring - it's not worth the long flight to Hawaii... RCI should have shortened the Transpacific and spend more nights on the Hawaii itinerary...

Or booked passengers on RHAPSODY will be re-booked on one of the new itineraries for RHAPSODY which she will offer from April/May 15, which are currently not announced...

Or booked passengers on RHAPSODY will be re-booked on one of the new itineraries for RHAPSODY which she will offer from April/May 15, which are currently not announced...

Not too many Australians would want to swap a Sydney to Hawaii cruise for a Sydney to Singapore cruise.

Certainly the Radiance itinerary doesn't compare to the now missing Rhapsody itinerary. I feel bad for those of you left to wonder.

I enjoy Radiance Hawaii cruises, in fact doing another in September. I booked the Rhapsody primarily for the itinerary as that spring 2015 Radiance cruise is dreadful. Not sure what we will do now, may just wait till the fall.

Certainly the Radiance itinerary doesn't compare to the now missing Rhapsody itinerary. I feel bad for those of you left to wonder.

You have a gift for understatement - Radiance's itinerary sucks. I love the ship, but not enough to take a cruise that departs on a Wednesday, doesn't overnight anywhere and skips Nawilili. We have Solstice booked for 11 nights. Still not ideal, since she doesn't have a port before Vancouver.

Now I'm thinking we may just spend a week or two in Hawaii, maybe one on Kauai and another on Maui. What a hardship!:p

:)

I also think the RADIANCE Hawaii itinerary is quite boring - it's not worth the long flight to Hawaii... RCI should have shortened the Transpacific and spend more nights on the Hawaii itinerary...

You have a gift for understatement - Radiance's itinerary sucks. I love the ship, but not enough to take a cruise that departs on a Wednesday, doesn't overnight anywhere and skips Nawilili. We have Solstice booked for 11 nights. Still not ideal, since she doesn't have a port before Vancouver.

Now I'm thinking we may just spend a week or two in Hawaii, maybe one on Kauai and another on Maui. What a hardship!:p

I can only quote 2 about the terrible itinerary.

Geeez you know. Me and maybe one or two other suckers booked the Radiance for Australia B2B to Vancouver.:eek: Keep up the talk please as I am hoping the prices will plummet.:)

I think we definitely keep up the Talk! :D of Course if there are any News on RHAPSODY! But I think the cruise schedule of Rome tells a Lot! I also think it's a pity that RADIANCE offers such a boring Hawaii itinerary. Hopefully in September 2015 she offers a better one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:)

I can only quote 2 about the terrible itinerary.

Geeez you know. Me and maybe one or two other suckers booked the Radiance for Australia B2B to Vancouver.:eek: Keep up the talk please as I am hoping the prices will plummet.:)

LOL, I'll do my best. Just used an FCC to book Diamond Princess from Singapore to Japan. Then I can cross Asia off my continent list.:D

If they cancel our trip. We may jump ship completely and do the Tauck land tour we were considering before we saw that wonderful itinerary.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD

For that spring we will most likely find something else to do besides a cruise and then just ride Radiance to Hawaii in the fall. We like the weather better in September anyway.

Yes, that COULD be a possibility. Since we are currently booked on the last Australia (Queensland) cruise as well as the Trans-Pacific, and Hawaii to Vancouver cruise, we MIGHT be interested in whatever RCI has planned for Rhapsody. I wonder if they would protect our stateroom reservations (same cabin for all three itineraries) ?

Ray in NH -- still not happy with the "Run Around" we're getting from RCI