Where is Rhapsody going?

PCWalton1

Kirsten, if you cancel, do you get your deposit back in Australia?

We are just going to wait, and see what Royal Caribbean proposes to do with already booked passengers. :)

We have had it happen twice to us and each time we got OBC for the change of itinerary.

With one cruise we had to pick something, with a deadline, to be able to keep our Next Cruise OBC. The Voyager was going to Asia and the Grandeur, their substitute, was not going to work with our TA B2B arrival in Barcelona. I think we had less than 2 weeks to book something else using our existing booking number, to keep the NC OBC.

Of course, IF we had known what the Voyager was doing after it was cancelled! we would have changed our plans and gone on the Voyager. They did not show the itinerary for VOS at that time of the change........:rolleyes:

I have done some reseach and on 3rd Nov 2015 she is in Fremantle-Perth WA.

I am wondering if RCL are moving her between Australia and Europe as at the moment only Princess do 'world' cruises out of Australia each May to Europe and/or Nth America and these are so popular. I did speak to the C & A lady on the 'Voyager' and mentioned how popular these world (half world) cruise are with the 'baby boomers' in Australia and fill very quickly each year. This year I sailed Sydney to Venice along with 1928 other passengers and true the average age was 78!!! This cruise was not only Australians but 500 from NZ and quite a few Brits who had come out on PO UK (Aurora) plus Canadians,Italians and US folk. I think this would be a great move for RCL as they are chasing the $$$ and these type of long cruises are very popular from Sydney.

Rhapsody of the Seas was just added to Civitavecchia Port website last week with many dates from July 2015 and the last date being 30 October 2015. Rome to Perth by cruise ship in 4 nights not possible.

I wish we had Long Service Leave. :D I don't know what it is...but it sounds wonderful. I have been at my job for a really long time. :)

3 months paid leave after 10 years of service. It is indeed a wonderful thing! We were going to use the time off to kick off this trip and then stay on in Hawaii for a while. Kids are still young so we figured they would get a lot educationally out of the trip while not being "at school".

Oh well, best laid plans and all that!

Kirsten

3 months paid leave after 10 years of service. It is indeed a wonderful thing! We were going to use the time off to kick off this trip and then stay on in Hawaii for a while. Kids are still young so we figured they would get a lot educationally out of the trip while not being "at school".

Oh well, best laid plans and all that!

Kirsten

Wow! I've been in government service for 25 years and receive 5 weeks vacation a year. Enjoy your holiday, whatever you decide to do! :D:):D

Wow! I've been in government service for 25 years and receive 5 weeks vacation a year. Enjoy your holiday, whatever you decide to do! :D:):D

Well, that's one week a year more than we get, so if you look at 10 extra weeks, over 10 years, that's not much difference to 3 months. (And you can take it as you go instead of waiting as long!)

I am wondering if RCL are moving her between Australia and Europe as at the moment only Princess do 'world' cruises out of Australia each May to Europe and/or Nth America and these are so popular. I did speak to the C & A lady on the 'Voyager' and mentioned how popular these world (half world) cruise are with the 'baby boomers' in Australia and fill very quickly each year. This year I sailed Sydney to Venice along with 1928 other passengers and true the average age was 78!!! This cruise was not only Australians but 500 from NZ and quite a few Brits who had come out on PO UK (Aurora) plus Canadians,Italians and US folk. I think this would be a great move for RCL as they are chasing the $$$ and these type of long cruises are very popular from Sydney.

i think you can take the port authority what they say with a grain of salt, if you check Sydney ports the Rhapsody leaves Sydney on the 29th oct 2015 and returns to Sydney on the 8th nov 2015 so i doubt she'll be in Freo on the 3rd nov 2015, its booked into Sydney ports until 22nd april 2018 but we know that can be changed as they only book the spot

This is a interesting date because it does not match up with previous Rhapsody movements in other ports. It also does not match up with Civitavecchia Port for Rhapsody on 30 October 2015.

My guess it is a entry movement into Perth Australia for a new ship from Asia.

I think that's a call of a non-updated cruise list - I thnk in Sydney she is also listed for winter 2016, so the list should be somewhat old...

Maybe the call of RHAPSODY, scheduled for the 3rd on Nov 2015, will be replaced by another ship or it will be fully cancelled.

A 4-night reposition from Civitavecchia to Fremantle is definitely not possible. :D

They probably just made a few bookings while they try and put a couple of possible itineraries together and will cancel the bookings they don't need when they finalise everything which includes excurisons.

That's what I'm hoping for too.

From Sidney to Rome, they will need several embarkation port calls, and if one doesn't work, it's possible the whole thing will become a non-event.

If they cancel us now, there's not much to choose from.

Edited by knittinggirl

Interesting.....we're booked on Rhapsody for Sydney/Sydney 4/6-4/17. So far that cruise is still on the books. Please post if you hear anything else.

HI Sue

Iis this cruise for 2015? If so I too have booked this cruise - through a travel agent two weeks ago however as yet I still have not received the confirmation from RCL..............

HI Sue

Iis this cruise for 2015? If so I too have booked this cruise - through a travel agent two weeks ago however as yet I still have not received the confirmation from RCL..............

The cruises that are MIA are the Sydney to Hawaii and then Hawaii to Vancouver. Everything before 17/04/15 seems to be as normal.

Kirsten

Edited by littlemidge

Hi springaussie, thank you very much for the helpful link!! :) could be One of her repositioning ports! So we could reconstruct her itinerary a littlebit: Sydney - cairns - Darwin - Bali... She goes eastbound... Maybe her first leg ends in Singapore. Than Singapore - Dubai and Dubai - Mediterranean. Why not? :)

Edited by celebrity_fan

Rhapsody of the Seas is booked into Cairns 22 April 2015 0900 - 1800 arriving from Airlie Beach.

Great cruise for visitors to Oz.

Sydney

Whitsundays and Barrier Reef

Daintree and Cairns

Kakadu National Park

Bali (Indonesia)

http://www.portsnorth.com.au/files/pdf/2015_0011113.pdf

Great find :D:D:D:D

Hi springaussie, thank you very much for the helpful link!! could be One of her repositioning ports! So we could reconstruct her itinerary a littlebit: Sydney - cairns - Darwin - Bali... She goes eastbound... Maybe her first leg ends in Singapore. Than Singapore - Dubai and Dubai - Mediterranean. Why not? :)

Definately "why not" .... she says waiting patiently......hurry up RCL

cheers Shiona

Hi springaussie, thank you very much for the helpful link!! :) could be One of her repositioning ports! So we could reconstruct her itinerary a littlebit: Sydney - cairns - Darwin - Bali... She goes eastbound... Maybe her first leg ends in Singapore. Than Singapore - Dubai and Dubai - Mediterranean. Why not? :)

Why Not?? Indeed. :cool:

We might give that type of an itinerary some serious consideration.

Not quite Queensland to Honolulu to Vancouver :cool:, but not too shabby either. Different is not always worse.

Ray in NH

Why Not?? Indeed. :cool:

We might give that type of an itinerary some serious consideration.

Not quite Queensland to Honolulu to Vancouver :cool:, but not too shabby either. Different is not always worse.

Ray in NH

I think also it could be a possible itinerary. :) but let's assume she will be in Singapore end of Apr/early May than she might reach the med in end of

May/early June...

I think also it could be a possible itinerary. :) but let's assume she will be in Singapore end of Apr/early May than she might reach the med in end of

May/early June...

Certainly some unexplained time before the Rome cruises.

Possible short stint in Asia of cruises from Singapore etc is my guess for now.

Got that :) but others were saying staff on board and others in the know said... upgrades?

Stranger and Stranger, I just want to know how much longer they are going to hold onto deposits before telling us anything, it's obviously not going to Hawaii!!

Kirsten

Stranger and Stranger, I just want to know how much longer they are going to hold onto deposits before telling us anything, it's obviously not going to Hawaii!!

Kirsten

Somehow, I don't think holding on to deposits factors into their thinking at all.

Somehow, I don't think holding on to deposits factors into their thinking at all.

Yeah, am certainly getting the feeling that the people already booked on the cruise factor quite low into this process. Ours was $4500, I guess they are sitting on a lot of money. Just annoying cause it doesn't look like this will come off or what will be substituted will suit our family unfortunately.

Can't remember where I read it, but I read that the May 2015 cruises won't be released until April 2014, I just hope that doesn't mean that they will leave us in limbo til then.

Kirsten