Where is Rhapsody going?

PCWalton1

To give you all hope, my May 2008 Rhapsody cruise (first cruise of the Alaska season) disappeared from the website for weeks (I think it was something like 6 weeks). We kept asking what's going on, was it being cancelled, etc? Eventually it showed back up, no issues etc.

Could be related to Explorer going to Asia after her dry dock in early 2015.

In another thread another user had information from a friend that EXPLORER is scheduled year-round for Port Canaveral.

If LIBERTY is really replaced by ALLURE in Europe in summer 2015, maybe she moves to Asia - or INDEPENDENCE...

If RHAPSODY stays year-round in Australia/NZ, which ship could replace her in Alaska?? :confused:

No news yet especially from those already booked on the cruise? We're still waiting - we wanted to book, even had our cabin picked, then the cruise disappeared... I have contacted Celebrity, but no answer as yet.

We are booked on the Sydney to Hawaii and have not heard anything.

Kirsten

The Rhapsody has been chartered for the Anzac Commemoration cruise from 18 April 2015 for 17 nights.

Cheers

Di

Do you think people already booked on this cruise will have the option of staying on? We actually thought twice about this cruise in the first place because we would miss the ANZAC events happening in our area (extended train trip across Qld especially for ANZAC celebrations). We would be more than happy with the new trip.

Kirsten

Really ? I thought they had a five year agreement re China for Mariner.

They had a 5 year contract for Mariner in LA, too, but only last two years before pulling her out. If the money is better elsewhere, they'll move a ship.

Radiance is offering a Hawaii cruise to Vancouver in may 2015. ;)

So she seems to go to Alaska in 2015 as well...

It's a 9 night cruise instead of 13, no Kauai and overnights in Honolulu or Lahaina. And more expensive per diem.:(

Actually it appears that info is wrong it is actually an MSC ship.

Di

Although RHAPSODY is chartered in Apr 15, will her final Cruise end in Vancouver in may 2015? I've also heard about the rumor that VOYAGER could replace RHAPSODY... :confused:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Di came back and corrected her post Rhapsody is not known to be chartered. A MSC ship in that time frame has been chartered.

Di came back and corrected her post Rhapsody is not known to be chartered. A MSC ship in that time frame has been chartered.

Ah sorry, my fault. :o

The last cruise you could book on RHAPSODY is an 11-night-Queensland-cruise out of Sydney, starting Apr 06, 2015...

Edited by celebrity_fan

We're also booked on the May 2, 2015 cruise. I'm wondering why Royal doesn't arrange chartered cruises before the cruise is posted and people have reserved their cruise. Personally, if our booking is cancelled, I won't be happy.

I will be a little annoyed as well, with 5 in our family and young kids we need to book this far out to get the room we want. If they don't make up their minds soon we might miss out on other options.

Kirsten

New information: RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS is listed in Civitavecchia (Rome)! Between July and Sep. 2015, she is listed there every Sunday!!

I have attached two scheduled calls.

From mid of September, she is scheduled in another frequence - usually every 9th day...

rhapsody-europe.jpg.ba43cc18aeb0009902dce4fc417ec48b.jpg

rhapsody-rome.jpg.524ac049510fa8f51aaba532691a5717.jpg

Edited by celebrity_fan

new information: Rhapsody of the seas is listed in civitavecchia (rome)! Between july and sep. 2015, she is listed there every sunday!!

From mid of september, she is scheduled in another frequence - usually every 9th day...

:(:d:(:(:(

New information: RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS is listed in Civitavecchia (Rome)! Between July and Sep. 2015, she is listed there every Sunday!!

From mid of September, she is scheduled in another frequence - usually every 9th day...

Well that's a curveball. Interesting.

Seems she sails 7 night eastern med itineraries between July and Sep 2015.

Between Sep and Oct/Nov she seems to sail longer 9 nighters - maybe those which SERENADE offers in 2014 from Civitavecchia.

Also LEGEND OF THE SEAS is listed every 12th day in Civitavecchia/Rome - looks like she sails the 12-nighters which SERENADE offers in 2014. So SERENADE and LEGEND seem to be swapped - SERENADE Norway/Baltic and LEGEND Mediterranean.

The ship which could replace RHAPSODY in 2015 out of Seattle could be JEWEL.

So in Alaska we could have RADIANCE between Seward & Vancouver and JEWEL from Seattle...

I believe she was on the repositioning trip to Vancouver that has dropped off the schedule.

Looks that RCI plans a series of new repositionings for RHAPSODY in spring 2015: maybe Sydney --> Singapore; Singapore --> Dubai; Dubai --> Suez Canal --> Mediterranean.

Let's see whether she returns to Australia in fall 2015...

So the only ship which offers Hawaii cruises in 2015 is RADIANCE - at least in spring 2015.

Let's see what is offered in Sep 2015...

Edited by celebrity_fan

Looks that RCI plans a series of new repositionings for RHAPSODY in spring 2015: maybe Sydney --> Singapore; Singapore --> Dubai; Dubai --> Suez Canal --> Mediterranean.

Let's see whether she returns to Australia in fall 2015...

So the only ship which offers Hawaii cruises in 2015 is RADIANCE - at least in spring 2015.

Let's see what is offered in Sep 2015...

I too am booked for the Rhapsody May 2015 Hawaii to Vancouver so I feel their pain. This is the second time Royal has pulled a ship out from under me. Last time I had Voyager booked out of Venice which had an overnight in Istanbul and they moved the ship to China.:mad:

This time I was really looking forward to the Rhapsody cruise as it had several overnights in Hawaii, maybe I should stop booking cruises with overnights.

The Radiance cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver is a joke. Just 9 days, completely skips Kauai. Not worth the flight out to Oahu.

Bill