Allure and propulsion problems.

bilyclub

It seems to me there is a relatively simple solution to the problem until the ship can dry dock.

Have Allure only sail Western and Oasis only sail Eastern. There would be some logistical hurdles, but it may be the best play.

As far as I know, this would be difficult for logistical reasons. I believe the ships refuel on the Eastern Iteniary only (once every two weeks). I believe it is in St. Maarten.

As far as I know, this would be difficult for logistical reasons. I believe the ships refuel on the Eastern Iteniary only (once every two weeks). I believe it is in St. Maarten.

Correct. At least for now and the last few years too.

I wonder if the Allure could just head directly to St. Thomas as it's first port, then St Maarten and Nassau as it's last stop. When the Oasis debuted that was the order of the eastern itinerary for awhile. I remember we arrived in St. Thomas around 9am during that particular itinerary. :cool:

We're on Allure's Eastern Cruise this coming Sunday (11/10). It has been reported on our board that one of our shipmates spoke to RCCL this morning. They said "there is nothing wrong with Allure. It did have a slight problem which was corrected. There are no changes in the port schedules." We'll see!!!!

We asked, they listened! Cruise Critic news:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5599

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Maybe someone at RCI needs click on the link to the CC article and read it.

Hmmm, 3 people posted. I am booked on Allure and have made final payment. If there is a possibility that things could get worse I would like to know.

It's not a mountain out of a molehill, it's a bearing in a series V azipod.

Relax your on a cruise it could be worse you could be at work in the middle of Chicago

It truly sounds to me that RC is NOT the cruiseline for you.

Apparently, the following are important to you:

Not paying for specialty dining until on board.

Cancelling reservations made for specialty dining and having the charge put on your credit card, rather than on your SeaPass Account.

Getting as much soda as you wish without paying for it.

Taking as much liquor on board as you want without restriction.

Paying for internet use.

Since your preferences are the opposite of how RC does business, I cannot help but feel that you will be unhappy no matter what on a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Did you carefully consider those issues before you booked?

Agree with you. if your going to be so negative now, its just going to affect your cruise and she will nit pick any lil thing.

Allure is way better then Disney. Her free soda she alcutally is paying for it with the HIGHER prices Disney demands. :D

Relax your on a cruise it could be worse you could be at work in the middle of Chicago

Just having fun here, Curtis There better be a cruise. The week I picked is the only one we both could get off. Picked the Allure for the CL They need to nurse that pod for 10 more weeks. Please don't get me started on the lack rental car places in Galveston.

Hi, I called Royal Carib directly today. Apparently, all of their staff now know about the issue - they received an email on 10/27 alerting them that there was an issue with their propulsion systems. They also said that they should have contacted travel agents and passengers to let them know; not sure how much truth is there, but at least they are not denying it like last week.

Hi, I called Royal Carib directly today. Apparently, all of their staff now know about the issue - they received an email on 10/27 alerting them that there was an issue with their propulsion systems. They also said that they should have contacted travel agents and passengers to let them know; not sure how much truth is there, but at least they are not denying it like last week.

I called today, they claimed to know nothing about any issues and that next week's itinerary will not been altered.

Edited by lvstitch

If you folks have a few minutes, call the Royal Carib corporate offices in Miami - all the information the RCCL reps get comes from there and I get the sense that if we want to have any kind of impact, that's where we need to call... the number is 305-539-6000.

Weird, it looks like most reps should know about this if they pull up our reservations and look at the Allure. I'm calling back with questions about my stateroom, complaining about the reduced speed at the same time, and all four of the reps I spoke with knew of the issue but didn't know what was being done or when it would be resolved.

Thank you Cruise Critic. We asked. You listened. You asked. Royal still tried to double talk you. Let the chips fall as they may. Sunday will come soon enough.

We will have a fantastic cruise in any event, except if we are stuck " dead in the water". I don't think that's going to happen.

Ugh, asked to speak with someone else who said there were no issued with Allure and they never saw the 10/27 email. It's hit or miss in terms of who actually knows and in either case, it doesn't look promising for the rest of us. :(

Kudos to the Cruise Critic staff for asking the questions and getting the article written. Well done, indeed.

I think RCI also deserves minimal credit for at least admitting (finally) on the record to a media source that there was a current problem on the ship.

As for the customer service people... they give us the wrong information quite often, I feel (said as a guy that has only been booked on RCI for a few months now.) They told me, not once, twice, or even three times, but on 5 different phone calls with 5 different CustServ reps, that the Premium Beverage Package included the Freestyle machine on the Allure. They see that the PBP includes "fountain sodas" and think that includes the Freestyle, because they aren't trained/educated to know otherwise, when in reality it doesn't. There is even a specific FAQ on the RCI website that says that it doesn't.

Basically, I'm just saying that I don't think the CustServ reps are lying to anybody for nefarious reasons; I just think they are grossly under-informed about their own company. And that is a whole different issue that isn't much better if you think about it...

Thanks for the Update. Seems that the perfect method to contact cruisers woluld be the Messages section of My Cruises. Nothing in my messages and my Travel Agency is clueless. ken

Basically, I'm just saying that I don't think the CustServ reps are lying to anybody for nefarious reasons; I just think they are grossly under-informed about their own company. And that is a whole different issue that isn't much better if you think about it...

I have to agree.