Upsell to PS, One More Off My Bucket List :)

CruiseWhere

DH & I were waiting for our return flight home after disembarking our 7 day Eurodam Caribbean Cruise Nov 3rd, when I received a call from our TA saying that she had received an upsell offer, Friday evening, 2 days earlier, for our upcoming 18 day Hawaiian Cruise. Without a second thought I said "absolutely". Of course it was the weekend and she quickly found out the HAL offices were closed, but would call them first thing Monday morning. With bated breath we toe tapped and waited out the next 18 hours. After not hearing anything I called the agency at 0900 EST and was informed that they HAL didn't open till 0730 PST. The agency, not my TA, called me back at 1015 EST so that when he had HAL on the phone I would also be on the other line. 1030 came, HAL answered and 1034 we had our PS and for a nice 18 day cruise!!! I guess you could say our ship came in!!! I can't begin to tell you how excited we both are and how much we are looking forward to this uncharted experience!! Just had to share this:):):):)

Congratulations. But be careful what you wish for when it comes to your bucket list...I thought I would be crossing off our Mediterranean cruise from my bucket list...but it wasn't to be...I booked another one! ;)

That's exactly what my husband said;)

You just can't have one potato chip!

For most of my cruises I booked insides. My dream was always to have a balcony. I did that for my 50th birthday almost 3 years ago. I never dreamed that I would ever sail in the PS but I did this year. It really is amazing and everyone should experience it at least once. I'm ok if I don't have it again but now I want to sail in Neptune suites. It's addictive. Congrats and have a great cruise.

For most of my cruises I booked insides. My dream was always to have a balcony. I did that for my 50th birthday almost 3 years ago. I never dreamed that I would ever sail in the PS but I did this year. It really is amazing and everyone should experience it at least once. I'm ok if I don't have it again but now I want to sail in Neptune suites. It's addictive. Congrats and have a great cruise.

Thank you! We can't wait!! Not sure exactly what to expect:D

We have only done Neptune Suites. Just hope that our luggage doesn't get lost;)

Thank you! We can't wait!! Not sure exactly what to expect:D

We have only done Neptune Suites. Just hope that our luggage doesn't get lost;)

It's the first time I've ever lost anything in a cabin:D. I could have used the PH on my last cruise. I would have a a dinner party in there with some fun peeps that I met. Didn't meet anyone fun on the Oosterdam. What ship is this?

It's the first time I've ever lost anything in a cabin:D. I could have used the PH on my last cruise. I would have a a dinner party in there with some fun peeps that I met. Didn't meet anyone fun on the Oosterdam. What ship is this?

We'll be on the Veendam:)

We were on Veendam in August and found her in much better condition than we expected, wonderful crew and we enjoyed.

That's so nice to hear as there have been a number of negative comments on here. We were on her, our first cruise with HAL, back in 2011 when we took my Mother to Bermuda and had no complaints whatsoever. It's all in your level of perception. I know we are going to enjoy the Veendam and her crew!