Live from the Caribbean Princess 11/09/2013

WEJEEP4FUN

We'll we stayed Comfort Suites in Seabrook last night. Nice hotel and the staff was great. Our shuttle from the hotel was scheduled for 11:30 we left a little early and arrived in only about 10min. We were dropped off right in front and the porters promptly took our bags. Then it was inside to go through security, no issues nice and quick if you follow the instructions by the security staff. Check in was next, line moved along fast and we were given a boarding group. They had an issue with the passenger gang plank but it has been resolved and now we are just waiting for our group to be called...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We got off the CB this morning after our short 4 day US Veterans cruise to Progresso. The boarding walkway was working for us. I wonder what the problem was that came up later.

Did the CB leave the port on time today? We left Tuesday 1 hour late as they were behind in loading the last of the food. We watched they doing the final loading from the ship. They had their fire boat out and they shot off their water cannons as we finally left port.

Having a great time.

Port of Houston Embarkation

Flew into Hobby the day before the cruise and stayed at the Drury Inn near the airport.

Took Princess transfer bus from Hobby to the port our bus left at 11:10am. We arrived at the terminal at 11:50am. princess/terminal crew handled our checked luggage from under the bus and we meet up with our luggage on the ship.Security line was first,crew,elite,suite, & platinum security lines merged into one. Seperate check in line for suite,elite, & platinum. This was very quick line at 12:15pm. By 12:20pm embarkation has stopped due to the tunnel gangway having mechanical issues. At 12:55pm boarding started again using the crew gangway. Elite and then platinum passengers were called at this time. We were in the Coral dining room by 1:20pm,closed at 1:30pm. Had a nice embarkation day lunch. Met phyljim from our CC group at the next lunch table.

Our wine was not hand checked or inspected by security or others;we had it in our carry on.

Emergency drill was suppose to start at 3:15pm,but it was start and stop and finally started around 3:40pm, we were done by 3:55pm.

We pulled away from the dock around 5:10pm,we were late due to luggage loading. I saw 2 buses arrive around 3pm as well.

Saw the welcome show with comedian Troy Thirdgill on Saturday night,we enjoyed him.

We are tablemates at dinner with Valerie from CC and her son.

The CC M & G is soon, so maybe I will post more later.

Lots of NFL games today on MUTS and cabin TV.

Check in was not without some problems, we were the 2nd departure for the 2013 season to leave The Port of Houston.

Julie

Edited by arizonaperson

Another update lol we have to board through the crew entrance they can't get the passenger gang plank to work :-(

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We will be there in January...do you think they will have it fixed by them?:D:D We plan on staying at the Comfort Suites, checked the CC info for Bayport on "Gulf Coast Departures" and the manager of the hotel is posting there. Smart move. His/her handle is "daisydukes72" and seems very responsive to some issues that came up with the first cruise.

Have lots of fun!!

In Cozumel today. Very humid, but sunny. Had a little rain pass through before we got off the ship. Had our M & G yesterday and had a great turnout. Sorry we missed a lot of you though.

Just walked around the port area and now in an internet cafe. Faster than the ship and only $2.00 USD for 30min. More packages available. Right across the street from where Princess docks in a brown bldg., I think. I think it is called I95?

Carnvial Dream is also at Puerta Maya dock with us.

Having a great time on the CB.

Roatan is tomorrow.

Crew and staff are great. AJ Clarke on piano, Born to be wild show,piano man,Comedian Thirdgill(?), Troy was very funny, he will perform again tonight.

Ok until I can post again......

Julie

I just got off of the repo and then the 4-day following it. If they have it, be sure to join Princess Pop Choir. It's a great way to get to know people and the Cruise Director's staff. Marahscalh, the Deputy CD, directed, with the assistance of Ana, and it was spectacular and great fun. When you see either of them, tell them that Maureen said hi!

Have a wonderful sailing.