C&A Confirmed New Drink Packages!

jamies78

Just glanced through some of the pages but it's official, listening to webinar now. Biggest change is not everyone in the stateroom has to get it. Fresh squeezed orange juice IS offered in the $20 per person package as well as specialty coffees. Premium $55 per person per day includes cocktails up to $10 value, frozen cocktails, beer, premium wines up to $12 value, non-alcoholic cocktails, 500 ml bottled still water and Fountain soda package with cup. Select package is $40 per person per day includes beer, wine by the glass value up to $8, non-alcoholic cocktails, and the Fountain soda package with cup. Ultimate packages is virtually unlimited including all that is included with the premium with no $$ limit and is $65 per person per day. A 20% discount off of select premium wines are offered with the Select, Premium and Ultimate packages.

Sorry if I am repeating info, just don't have time to read through all 7 pages. :)

Must be some limit on the scotch/cognac by the glass :D

How the heck do i know what are $10 and under drinks? :( Not thrilled with that price cap just because it makes it more difficult to know what is in and what is out. Any one know what puts a drink over $10??

There has always been a price cap... no Patron was the only limit I ever found.

Does anyone know if these new packages will be available on Australian ships.

The package seem to be the same as they were before

I'm wondering if they will make it fleet wide (hope so) as we can already buy the old packages. Waiting to see if when others in the USA can book these online if we can as well.

Hoping you can select all the different packages for all parties travelling online.

To stop theft why don't they just make it all parties have to purchase a package but it does not have to be the same and it does nit have to include alcohol? That way at least they recoup some of the cost if people cheat the system.

Just glanced through some of the pages but it's official, listening to webinar now. Biggest change is not everyone in the stateroom has to get it. Fresh squeezed orange juice IS offered in the $20 per person package as well as specialty coffees. Premium $55 per person per day includes cocktails up to $10 value, frozen cocktails, beer, premium wines up to $12 value, non-alcoholic cocktails, 500 ml bottled still water and Fountain soda package with cup. Select package is $40 per person per day includes beer, wine by the glass value up to $8, non-alcoholic cocktails, and the Fountain soda package with cup. Ultimate packages is virtually unlimited including all that is included with the premium with no $$ limit and is $65 per person per day. A 20% discount off of select premium wines are offered with the Select, Premium and Ultimate packages.

Sorry if I am repeating info, just don't have time to read through all 7 pages. :)

When I called to ask about the new drink packages I was told the both the Premium and Ultimate packages were subject to the $10 cocktail and $12 wine limits!!! :mad:

Anyone dare to guess if the new package will work with the machines in Vintages? I can already imagine a fun evening there trying a bunch of the wines! And I think this has been covered, but to clarify: with the premium package, you can get wine that costs up to $12 per glass - and if you spend more you get a $12 discount? So, for example, a $15 glass of wine would only cost $3? More possibilities there!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm just tickled pink to be able to purchase the drink package just for me and the a water pkg for the DH without a hassle (he might have a couple beers the whole cruise so we'll just pay for his as we go). Even more tickled we can purchase them ahead of time and end up with just a one page seapass bill at the end of the cruise! A miracle! :D

I probably won't come out ahead but the simplicity of it all makes it worthwhile to me.

Cathy

Anyone dare to guess if the new package will work with the machines in Vintages? I can already imagine a fun evening there trying a bunch of the wines! And I think this has been covered, but to clarify: with the premium package, you can get wine that costs up to $12 per glass - and if you spend more you get a $12 discount? So, for example, a $15 glass of wine would only cost $3? More possibilities there!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was wondering about this too, so great question!!! How do you think the Premium or Ultimate Drink packages will work at vintages????

re your other question, yes that's how it works, you can get a glass of wine up to $12, and any glass over the $12 you only pay the difference!!!

I have to admit, at first I was not going to purchase any of the alcohol packages, but am now reconsidering this (especially if my husband and I can purcase different packages based on what we drink). We are also in port somewhere 5 out of the 7 days so was thinking that we would not benefit. I do have a question though. On our last cruise we drank the special after dinner drinks (shots) every single night. I am asuuming those would be included but want to make sure.

After dinner shots are available with the package but unless you want to pay for the special shot glass for a keepsake, they will come in a normal shot glass you cannot keep. Also you are not limited to the shot of the day you can ask for any of them.

Pardon My Questions...But Would The Following Be Considered To Be Part Of The Packages:

1) The Drinks Of The Day?

2) The Mudslide? Some Bars Here In Orlando Consider Them Frozen Drinks...Some Do Not...

Drinks of the day are included, but again request a regular glass unless you want to pay for the specialty glass keepsake.

Mudslides? I don't see why they wouldn't be included. Never ordered one though.

How the heck do i know what are $10 and under drinks? :( Not thrilled with that price cap just because it makes it more difficult to know what is in and what is out. Any one know what puts a drink over $10??

I think they do these things to try us.

Out of curiosity, how do you know how much drinks are in land bars?

I hope they make the soda cups that go with the Premium package a different design so that can be prevented. Only an adult would be able to use that particular design - if a kid had it you know it's fraud.

I like the looks of the new packages and hate to see it abused and cut back by RCI.

I was thinking the same thing. Surely they've thought of this. If not, it's because they are willing to sacrifice the loss of soda by people who break the rules.

There has always been a price cap... no Patron was the only limit I ever found.

St. Germaine (elderflower liqueur) was also off the list in August. The *products* that excluded were kind of funny and not even the bar staff had a solid reason for one or the other. The best guess anyone had from the staff side had about why the exclusions came down to "I know these ones, the line doesn't get big discount on" and maybe what we see looking at shelf prices in a store is a very different price profile from what RCCL can negotiate...

Ok, I just got off the phone with Royal Carribean. They told me that everyone in your cabin must purchase the exact same drink package. I asked what if one person doesn't drink and is willing to purchase a lesser package. They said No. It must be the same.

You might not know but if the price was high you could move on the next bar, can't do that on the ship.

That's not what he asked. He asked how he could know how to know what was over a price point. I kind of wondered how (and maybe my point was subtle...rarely something I'm accused of) he determined prices at a land bar as doing so at sea might be similar. And, actually, the menus at RCCL are way way way way way so more complete with prices for the drinks than a land bar.

Out of curiosity, how do you know how much drinks are in land bars?

I don't usually order exotic sounding drinks in a bar and most restaurants put their drink prices on the menu.

The difference here is paying a lot of money for the plan and then ordering a drink thinking it is included to find out after the fact that it isn't and having to pay even more. I don't feel like asking the price every single time i order a drink. I have had the package already and didn't need to worry about the limit. I knew ahead of time which top shelf liquors were not included.

Thanks to the person who posted the price list. I had only seen one of them for the beers. I wonder if the beers that were previously excluded above $6.25 will now be included.

And for the record ... I'm a SHE.

Edited by beautiful.thing

Turns out it just isn't worth it for us. There are three days we are in port so for those days we wouldn't even be drinking on the ship. $770 for two people for basically 3 days of alcohol doesn't seem reasonable to me.

You might want to wait until the new packages under discussion in this thread are released (theoretically sometime in the next 3 days). It has been said that when they are, it will not be required for both people to buy them.

I don't usually order exotic sounding drinks in a bar and most restaurants put their drink prices on the menu.

The difference here is paying a lot of money for the plan and then ordering a drink thinking it is included to find out after the fact that it isn't and having to pay even more. I don't feel like asking the price every single time i order a drink. I have had the package already and didn't need to worry about the limit. I knew ahead of time which top shelf liquors were not included.

Thanks to the person who posted the price list. I had only seen one of them for the beers. I wonder if the beers that were previously excluded above $6.25 will now be included.

And for the record ... I'm a SHE.

The Champagne Bar had a menu with prices as did the wine bar the last 2 cruises we have been on.

I have 2 questions I tried looking thru but I only seen one post about it:

1. My in-laws sailed on a Celebrity cruise and they had something like the "refresher" package it came with the soda coffee tea juice foo foo drinks waters and you were able to get shakes with it too. Do you know if this will be the same? I didn't see about the shakes but if RCCL really reads this I would rather something with shakes and/or ice cream then coffee or teas.

2. Would the Refresher be the same price for kids as an adult?

Fruit punch = Mixed fruit squash

Flavoured water is water infused with a flavour, usually fruit of some sort. Typically water with fresh fruit floating in it in a large self serve dispenser. Though flavoured bottle water is also common in America as well.

Lemonade is a lemon flavored drink with sugar/sweetener, more akin to a lemon squash than say bitter lemon, or Sprite 7Up. It is not carbonated.

Hope some of this helps :)

Wow, I'm glad you answered, I never would have called it a squash! :)