Star Princess

DShock

I was on the Star for 13 days last February. The ship was lovely. I wrote a Live From.

Most notable: The crew of the Star exceeded every expectation I have ever had. They were so friendly and helpful. I felt that they really wanted you to have the best cruise ever. I would sail on the Star again in a hot second!

We spent 28 days on her last March/ April and just disembarked from a 15 day Hawaiian cruise a few weeks ago - she's one of our favorites! The crew is outstanding, the ship is in great condition, great food and lots of selection, lots of on board activities if that's your thing and the pool areas never felt crowded.

Wish we had another cruise booked on her! Relax, pack your bags, all will be GOOD.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was on the Star last year from Valparaiso to San Francisco. Had a great time, excellent cruise.

Perhaps there's not as much written about the Star because her itineraries the last couple of years were in South America and with the exception of a few 7-day cruises in Alaska this past summer, 15-day cruises to HI this winter and 11-day cruises to Alaska next summer. Not as many people take the longer cruises.

We were on Star late last year to Mexico. She was in fantastic shape!...even better than the much newer RCCL Freedom that we sailed on seven months prior. We thought the MDR staff were a little rushed and unengaging but the rest of the crew were fantastic. She is one of our favorite ships - we'd sail on her again in a minute...especially when she comes back to SF.

My favorite ship is always the one I'm on! BUT, if I had to choose a favorite, it would be the Star Princess. We have cruised more days on her than any other ship, and each cruise has been special with a really great crew. We love that ship.

Hi to our friends who have posted above. We were also on the 28-day South Pacific cruise last spring.

Perhaps the lack of information is because there is nothing to complain about on this ship! People seem to tend to write more about a ship when it doesn't live up to their expectations!

My view of cruising in general maybe a bit different than others because I cruise with a Service Dog and I tend to look at the ship from a totally different point of view. Although, a lot of what I do is the same as what you do.

The Good: I thought, the food was excellent, both in taste and presentation. My Steward was wonderful. The ship, for all the traffic and use she gets is in good shape. The mood of the staff was okay and for the most part friendly. The shows were over-the-top great.

The Bad: Remember, I'm judging from the standpoint of someone who is traveling with a Service Dog. The placement of the potty box was poor. The staff's helpfulness in getting it moved was slow and begrudging. The maintenance of the box was non-existent. Where they should have been removing the waste daily and replenishing the box with filler......I did it all.

The Ugly: They removed the potty box very, very early on the day I was to disembark so my dog had no place to go to the bathroom. It shouldn't be removed until we've actually left the ship. When I mentioned it to the Purser's Desk, I got a grimacing look from the staff!

I've NEVER had this type of treatment from Princess before. This is our 14th cruise onboard Princess with a SD, with another booked for April, and September, 2014.

I've picked Princess as my cruiseline of choice because they've been so careful and attentive to the needs of my Service Dogs.

I just found the Star to be a bit negligent, maybe it was just a fluke. I'm hoping!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

I was on the Star for 13 days last February. The ship was lovely. I wrote a Live From.

Most notable: The crew of the Star exceeded every expectation I have ever had. They were so friendly and helpful. I felt that they really wanted you to have the best cruise ever. I would sail on the Star again in a hot second!

We'll 2nd that about the crew, the were fantastic last April on a Hawaii cruise!!!:D:D