Rotterdam Cruise to Train

seebaer

Hello!

I will arrive in Rotterdam cruise port December 22nd on the Rotterdam (HAL). The schedule says 7:00 AM. We come over from Harwich, so I don't expect any delays.

When will I be off the ship?

How long does it take to get to the train station Rotterdam Centraal by public transportation?

What time would be safe for the train reservation?

Thanks for all informations.

seebaer

Getting off the ship depends also on customs, depending your itinary the ship might have to be cleared by them first.

From the cruiseterminal to Rotterdam Centraal station by cab will be around 15 minutes. More if you travel by public transport.

If you travel within The Netherlands by train you donot need reservations.

Edited by Ine

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

To the left. Go past the new NHOW hotel, cross at corner to right, there is actually a escalator with tunnel under the road, so do not have to go past that first arrow in the google map link in the previous post.

Edited by MADflyer

• 3 months later...
Does anyone know the walking direction from Rotterdam's cruise terminal to the Wilhelminaplein Metro D station? How much time to walk there?

Thank you.

Take a left, walk across the Main Street and the station is straight ahead.

• 1 month later...

Can someone recommend a cab company I can arrange to meet a small group of us from the cruise ship in Wilhelminakade to head to the Centraal Station in Rotterdam? I've tried Taxiboeken.nl and initially they responded quickly but have since gone quiet and time is now running out. Thanks.

No personal experience, but google gives a.o. those 2 taxi organisations. Their website in in dutch, but why not send them an e-mail

Rotterdamse taxicentrale: email at the bottom of this page: http://www.rtcnv.nl/nl/contact/contactgegevens.html

Maasstad taxi: http://maasstadtaxicentrale.nl/contact/

Hope this helps you.

No personal experience, but google gives a.o. those 2 taxi organisations. Their website in in dutch, but why not send them an e-mail

Rotterdamse taxicentrale: email at the bottom of this page: http://www.rtcnv.nl/nl/contact/contactgegevens.html

Maasstad taxi: http://maasstadtaxicentrale.nl/contact/

Hope this helps you.

Thanks. Will give them a try.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have sailed in and out of Rotterdam before. Last time, I used the Trams to the Port. I didn't fly through Schiphol on that trip, but I am this time. I never used the Metros, but I know they can also be used to get to Rotterdam Centraal.

I have the timetables for both. My question is: with luggage, which is the recommended mode to the Train Station: Metro or Tram?

Thanks!

Was last year I posed my question..... we had a nightmare time at the cruiseport and ended up taking a cruise ship shuttle to the station for nothing! I think the local authorities closed down access to the port to booked cabs and only allowed the metered ones in to pick up from the line. (Was Oasis coming in for refit so many embarking / disembarking). The cab company I'd arranged to meet us just didn't make it despite many calls to them to figure out where they were.

Was last year I posed my question..... we had a nightmare time at the cruiseport and ended up taking a cruise ship shuttle to the station for nothing! I think the local authorities closed down access to the port to booked cabs and only allowed the metered ones in to pick up from the line. (Was Oasis coming in for refit so many embarking / disembarking). The cab company I'd arranged to meet us just didn't make it despite many calls to them to figure out where they were.

I remember it well,the coach was a last minute thing :):)