MDR question

daava54234

If you are indecisive about two dishes most of the waiters will offer to bring both. I often have two appetizers and an entree. You can also have two or more lobsters on formal night, they will bring them until you say stop.

Another yes vote!

However would like to add that I hated one cruise where a couple ordered 4 entrees between them and left at least half a plate of each one....they repeated this EVERY night!

I think it's great to try different things, but hate the fact that some people will order loads of plates with the intention to waste some.

My partner and I ordered 3 desserts between us during our last cruise, but I made the sacrifice of making sure all three were finished and enjoyed! ;)

I await the next 20 responders to say "Yes".

Including myself :)

Teddie

Yes,

Our DD and DH order the steak as well as the seafod platter when it is offerred.

I usually only order the french onion soup and ceasar salad as my double order.

Sea Ya

Another yes vote!

However would like to add that I hated one cruise where a couple ordered 4 entrees between them and left at least half a plate of each one....they repeated this EVERY night!

I think it's great to try different things, but hate the fact that some people will order loads of plates with the intention to waste some.

My partner and I ordered 3 desserts between us during our last cruise, but I made the sacrifice of making sure all three were finished and enjoyed! ;)

The leftovers make their way into the Windjammer for the next days meals. Don't worry about it going to waste.

Another yes vote!

WOW! You hated the Cruise because of another couple ordering additional entrees and not eating it all. You don't know that was thier intention to waste. You can only assume that. Maybe they didn't like it.

Edited by davekathy

Are you allowed to order more that 1 item off the menu in the mdr? Can I order 2 appetizers or 2 different main courses or is this frowned upon.

Its a food festival....order what you like....and how many you want. Sometimes, I have salad, several appetizers and dessert....ENJOY!

If you are indecisive about two dishes most of the waiters will offer to bring both. I often have two appetizers and an entree. You can also have two or more lobsters on formal night, they will bring them until you say stop.[/q

Is this not on the verge of just being greedy. Two or more lobters?

If you are indecisive about two dishes most of the waiters will offer to bring both. I often have two appetizers and an entree. You can also have two or more lobsters on formal night, they will bring them until you say stop.[/q

Our first cruise the waiter kept asking if we would like more lobster .. my buddy and I ate 6 each. Now days I limit myself to 2 or 3.

How is that greedy? I have seen people consume many more than that. If the waiter offers and you can eat it, why not. They are just the tails and not that big either, I had no problem eating two and did not feel bad about it at all since it was offered.

Another yes vote!

Well, often have the entrees are BAD, so maybe they just ordered 4 to find the 2 edible ones.

I have asked for a portion of the main, instead of the whole thing, but found the whole plate arrives, and your server has to replate it and then toss the rest - more work for theml (done quickly and they try to make it not noticeable to guests- done at their station)

Guess cheaper for the kit to send out full plates and servers change things up that a special order that requires extra manpower in the kitchen.

Good servers order extra plates of food to put out for you to try at the table if you order it or not.

I like my appetizer instead and often order it for dessert - not a sweet tooth - throws the whole ordering process, but they oblige!

I am sure they cook a % more of each plate offered at all servings and have tons leftover after all meals.

Just do not order so much food that the poor waiter cannot get you all away from the table on time. They are timed on how long it takes to seat/order/serve and clear!

And the others at your table may not want to wait while you gorge yourself!

NO! One is enough for me.

I have asked for a portion of the main, instead of the whole thing, but found the whole plate arrives, and your server has to replate it and then toss the rest - more work for theml (done quickly and they try to make it not noticeable to guests- done at their station)

Guess cheaper for the kit to send out full plates and servers change things up that a special order that requires extra manpower in the kitchen.

Good servers order extra plates of food to put out for you to try at the table if you order it or not.

I like my appetizer instead and often order it for dessert - not a sweet tooth - throws the whole ordering process, but they oblige!

I am sure they cook a % more of each plate offered at all servings and have tons leftover after all meals.

Just do not order so much food that the poor waiter cannot get you all away from the table on time. They are timed on how long it takes to seat/order/serve and clear!

And the others at your table may not want to wait while you gorge yourself!

I've noticed the same thing. Once my mom just wanted more asparagus from an entree, and they gave her the whole entree again. I'm pretty sure they just plates of all the food in the back, and your server just picks up the plate. Also, they do toss out all of the food from each service. So don't worry about people ordering extra and not finishing it, because it would have been tossed out anyway.

There's something else that I thought was weird, wondering if anyone else had this experience. We did the late seating and often times we weren't able to order extra of something because our server told us the kitchen throws out everything at 9:15pm, which I think is really early. I mean, by the time you get your entree it is at least 9pm, and then you think you want another serving of that shrimp or something but it's all gone. Especially for lobster night, we would have gladly eaten several, but after our second one, he said the kitchen is now closed. Some in our party even ordered several at the beginning, but later when they wanted more, the kitchen was closed. On our Celebrity cruise, this was never an issue. You could even order more appetizers after your entree if you wanted during second service.

I've noticed the same thing. Once my mom just wanted more asparagus from an entree, and they gave her the whole entree again. I'm pretty sure they just plates of all the food in the back, and your server just picks up the plate. Also, they do toss out all of the food from each service. So don't worry about people ordering extra and not finishing it, because it would have been tossed out anyway.

There's something else that I thought was weird, wondering if anyone else had this experience. We did the late seating and often times we weren't able to order extra of something because our server told us the kitchen throws out everything at 9:15pm, which I think is really early. I mean, by the time you get your entree it is at least 9pm, and then you think you want another serving of that shrimp or something but it's all gone. Especially for lobster night, we would have gladly eaten several, but after our second one, he said the kitchen is now closed. Some in our party even ordered several at the beginning, but later when they wanted more, the kitchen was closed. On our Celebrity cruise, this was never an issue. You could even order more appetizers after your entree if you wanted during second service.

We always have second seating and have never heard the kitchen was closed. We don't typically order more later in the meal, but haven't heard that response to any of our tablemates either.

One thing we always do is ask for an extra plate of vegetables to share. They are alway great about doing this, and having more of the wonderful steamed vegetables probably keeps us from ordering too many desserts!