Passcard

notmee

Only have "Passcard" not worried about flying home in emergency it can wait till I get back! Cant change whats already happened. Western Carribean 6 nite cruise closed loop. Georgetown, Falmouth, Labadee any issue getting on and off at these ports? Thanks for your thoughts and oppinions. And Please don't "Beat me up about passport is needed most of my border crossings are land based and passcard is easyer to deal with"

If none of those countries requires a visa for US citizens then you'll have no problem. Check the state department web sites for those countries if you are unsure - they should be available in English. But it even one requires a visa you would be denied boarding.

BTW - any visa requirements apply whether or not a passenger intends to go ashore or stay on the ship. Once a ship enters a country's territorial waters you are "in" that country.

Edited by BlueRiband

By passcard do you mean an enhanced drivers license or the passport card, or something else?

Because you may still be required to have your birth certificate in order to board the ship. Please make sure that your passcard is good for international travel by sea. The passport card is NOT good for this, and some of the enhanced drivers licenses are not good for this either.

Its not so much for travel to the different caribbean countries, but more for being allowed back into the US and proving that you are a US citizen.

You'll be fine. And I won't beat you up about a passport. But will never understand why someone would not have such a useful document.

Drive a truck and passport does not fit in wallet to cross border. So I see no reason to update to bigger document don't plan on flying out of USA

By passcard do you mean an enhanced drivers license or the passport card, or something else?

Because you may still be required to have your birth certificate in order to board the ship. Please make sure that your passcard is good for international travel by sea. The passport card is NOT good for this, and some of the enhanced drivers licenses are not good for this either.

Its not so much for travel to the different caribbean countries, but more for being allowed back into the US and proving that you are a US citizen.

The passport card is good for both closed loop and open sailings to Mexico, Canada, Bermuda and the Caribbean as well as land border crossings to Canada and Mexico.

You'll be fine. And I won't beat you up about a passport. But will never understand why someone would not have such a useful document.

I don't have one for the simple reason that the type of travel that I am able to do right now does not require a passport. In three or four years when my travel needs change then I will get a passport and will not have wasted three or four years of validity.

The passport card is good for both closed loop and open sailings to Mexico, Canada, Bermuda and the Caribbean as well as land border crossings to Canada and Mexico.

Shoot you're right, I'm sorry... they just aren't good to fly home. Sorry was getting my documentations mixed up.

Drive a truck and passport does not fit in wallet to cross border. So I see no reason to update to bigger document don't plan on flying out of USA

Not sure I understand this justification. We all drive something and I'm not aware of a passport book fitting into anyone's wallet.

You want a Passport Card? Fine, end of story. I respect that. It's your money, you spend how you see fit. Just don't make up excuses. It's no one else's business. Own it, don't excuse it.

Not sure I understand this justification. We all drive something and I'm not aware of a passport book fitting into anyone's wallet.

You want a Passport Card? Fine, end of story. I respect that. It's your money, you spend how you see fit. Just don't make up excuses. It's no one else's business. Own it, don't excuse it.

NO EXCUSES its an 18 wheeler and flatbed to boot. Got enough paper to contend with. passport I don't feel will hold up to elements passcard fits in wallet just like DL.

Wow.... a little harsh. I saw no excuses just an explanation of what he has and why. What's it to you if he chooses to put something in his wallet that fits like a credit card instead of the larger passport book.

None of the ports require a passport.....your BC and DL will suffice!

Passport card is better and works just fine for your cruise. I have both the book and card and the passport card made it a lot easier to get back into the USA from Tijuana. No wait time and t=with passport there was a two hour wait line. I figure when I don't need to carry my driver license in Europe foe ID I will have the passport card. Can't get a better ID to carry with you then the passport card.

Wow.... a little harsh. I saw no excuses just an explanation of what he has and why. What's it to you if he chooses to put something in his wallet that fits like a credit card instead of the larger passport book.

What's it to me? Absolutely nothing.

That's what I was saying, OP owes no excuses to anybody on this board for anything. If OP wants Passport Card,,, that's OPs decision. Nobody else's. Just own the decision and leave it at that.

Don't make up reasons and try to explain away, just own it.

Yes, we all drive something but it sounds like the OP drives his something across the border with some frequency and a passport card is easier to carry than a passport book. Doesn't sound like an excuse to me.

What's it to me? Absolutely nothing.

That's what I was saying, OP owes no excuses to anybody on this board for anything. If OP wants Passport Card,,, that's OPs decision. Nobody else's. Just own the decision and leave it at that.

Don't make up reasons and try to explain away, just own it.

Why are making up things? It is best to have both if you cross the boarder by foot or car several times a month if it is more then that then a passport card is a must.

How many times do you cross the Mexican boarder a month by walking or car?

Only have "Passcard" not worried about flying home in emergency it can wait till I get back! Cant change whats already happened. Western Carribean 6 nite cruise closed loop. Georgetown, Falmouth, Labadee any issue getting on and off at these ports? Thanks for your thoughts and oppinions. And Please don't "Beat me up about passport is needed most of my border crossings are land based and passcard is easyer to deal with"

emergencies also include getting ill or injured and being disembarked and having to fly back home. ( or getting kicked out for being an idiot on board)

you will still require a certified BC to prove citizenship.

emergencies also include getting ill or injured and being disembarked and having to fly back home. ( or getting kicked out for being an idiot on board)

you will still require a certified BC to prove citizenship.

The passport card proves citizenship without the need for a birth certificate (as does the enhanced drivers license).

Some of you need to do some reading. The US government issues two different types of passports, the traditional book kind and a card style. Both require a photo and all the formal identity documentation to apply. The book is good for everything, including air travel. The Card is good for land crossings and water crossings, but not air crossings.

OP, your passport card that has been issued by the passport agency and allows you to do border crossings in your big truck is just find for your closed loop cruise. No other documentation will be needed.

Some of you need to do some reading. The US government issues two different types of passports, the traditional book kind and a card style. Both require a photo and all the formal identity documentation to apply. The book is good for everything, including air travel. The Card is good for land crossings and water crossings, but not air crossings.

OP, your passport card that has been issued by the passport agency and allows you to do border crossings in your big truck is just find for your closed loop cruise. No other documentation will be needed.

THANK YOU that's all I was wanting to know not start an argument or "make excuses" simple question with what I thought to be correct

You'll be fine with your passport card where you are cruising.

We have both the passport book and the passport card ... but only carry the passport card ashore on port stops with us.

Don't worry and expect to have a wonderful cruise. :)

LuLu

~~~~