Roy Perez, CD

Caroldoll

I found his morning tv announcements very annoying! I would prefer if he could tone down his act and try to speak better english, like all the other Oceania cruise directors do. It was difficult on occasions to understand him. I was once on a cruise where he was teaching Spanish and it was a lot of fun.

I found his morning tv announcements very annoying! I would prefer if he could tone down his act and try to speak better english, like all the other Oceania cruise directors do. It was difficult on occasions to understand him. I was once on a cruise where he was teaching Spanish and it was a lot of fun.

Sorry - there is nothing wrong with Roy's English. In the new world we all have to learn to understand folks who speak with accents.

I just hope your second language is as good as Roy's. We have never had any trouble understanding him.

I was referring to his 'act' on the morning tv show. I found that difficult to understand. Having spoken to him personally, I know perfectly well his English is good.

I would just prefer the morning show to be like that.

By the way, my second language is actually English. And I totally agree with Pacheco regarding acceptance of accents. However doing the tv show I would have preferred he acted more seriously some of the time and not put on the exaggerated accent.

I am pleased you didn't have a problem! Still think Leslie Jon is the best communicator as far as cruise directors on Oceania go.

• 3 weeks later...

On the same cruise as Wendy and I thought he did an excellent job. Just goes to show you, we all see things differently. It doesn't make any one opinion right or wrong, just different people liking different things.

Edited by ORV

On the same cruise as Wendy and I thought he did an excellent job. Just goes to show you, we all see things differently. It doesn't make any one opinion right or wrong, just different people liking different things.

Agree. I am on riviera with him now. I think he does a fine job.

I didn't particularly like Roy on our recent Riviera trip, and I don't think he did a very good job, frankly. Sorry, just not a fan.

We were also on the cruise with Wendy. He was just way too dramatic and theatrical for our tastes. The activities didn't appeal to us either. Also not fans.

Well I guess you guys thought that Roy was good have had many poor CD's in past sailings.

Just finished a TA with him and I also found him annoying.

From his boring announcements and his closing line --have a gloriouuuuuusssss day.

Agree - I give him a break because I think he is new to the job...just promoted. Not as polished as others I have cruised with.

Roy was promoted in May- he was CD on Marina to fill in for Dottie.

He's enthusiastic, energetic and a lot of fun. Really enjoy being with him.

Best Spanish lessons ever (even though we were going to Brazil)

+1

He implores you to have fun and a good time!

Nobody is perfect (not even I/me :D) but he is funny, energetic and works very hard (he is also very generous with big O points on trivia :))

He's all right. Nothing more, just all right. He certainly tries hard enough, but falls flat on delivery. He referred to the showing of the movie Singin' in the Rain as an "important event". "Important"? Really??? :rolleyes:

His presentation of the news that a port would have to be dropped (due to a storm), but would be replaced with a different port, came across as pathetically apologetic. Just give the bad news with a sense of authority, and get it done with.