Specialty table for six

pthjudy

We will be six cruisers on the Riviera in February. How difficult will it be to get a table for six in a specialty restaurant at 7:30? If I call early morning on the day reservations open for lower cabin designations, will I be successful? Or do I have to stay up until 12:01 AM? Would I count the day the cruise leaves as day 46? Is it done through email or phone? As you can see we are new to Oceania but not to cruising. (30 cruises). Very excited for this one and our November Marina from Lisbon to Rio! Thanks for any suggestions. Cruise Critic is always my go to source!

Be sure to have all the booking numbers ready to link your reservations together

You can do it online at day 45, just say NO to sharing then add the other guests using their booking number/names

Or call Oceania

I just did the same thing online for a Jan. 3 sailing for 5 people. As somebody already said, do not check "sharing" and have the others booking numbers. Super easy. It took less than 10 minutes for all four restaurants. There seemed to be plenty of 6:30 and 7:30 reservations. Had no trouble getting what we wanted.

As far as the time that you can make the reservations, it based on eastern time so if you are in a different time zone, reservations could open earlier. Being in the mountain time zone, I was at the Oceania website at 10 pm mst, midnight est.

Personally, I would not wait until I was on the ship. Available times are very limited then.

We will be six cruisers on the Riviera in February. How difficult will it be to get a table for six in a specialty restaurant at 7:30? If I call early morning on the day reservations open for lower cabin designations, will I be successful? Or do I have to stay up until 12:01 AM? Would I count the day the cruise leaves as day 46? Is it done through email or phone? As you can see we are new to Oceania but not to cruising. (30 cruises). Very excited for this one and our November Marina from Lisbon to Rio! Thanks for any suggestions. Cruise Critic is always my go to source!

We were on Marina in June and had no problem making for 6 people. Just did all our reservations for next Feb. Only took about ten min. Their system is pretty good if you have all the info. including the other booking numbers.

I would call Oceania directly. I spent two hours on Saturday, the day the bookings opened trying online to get my dinner reservations. Their system kept shutting down and kicking me out. Frustrating.:eek::( I did finally get reservations sharing for 7:30 on each day I wanted.:)

Is there a special phone number for reservations or do I call the main number? I may just make it a point to be at the computer at midnight and give it a try. What time in the morning does the Oceania phone lines open? Thanks so much for everyone's responses.

Is there a special phone number for reservations or do I call the main number? I may just make it a point to be at the computer at midnight and give it a try. What time in the morning does the Oceania phone lines open? Thanks so much for everyone's responses.

Customer service is available at 5:30 am PST M-F. Slightly different on weekends. See in Guest Services (up at the top of the screen) on their web site for all hours and #. That is the number I have always called for all inquiries.

Edited by YoHoHo

I put it on my calendar for 12:01 am on the first day. I may be tired then, but I'll be well fed on the cruise!

Calling early is one keystone for getting a larger " shared" table, the second is knowing the other Passenger's Booking numbers, and the third is realizing that the reservation cannot be finalized until the Passenger with the lowest category cabin has arrived at the date when they may make Online reservations:

90 days out for the Big Suites

75 days out for Penthouses

60 days out for Concierge Staterooms

45 days out for everyone else.

In other words, Passenger's who may book earliest save "a Table" in a particular Restaurant at a given hour which they designate as a "Sharing Table". Later, friends in lower categories ask to be added to that table as their deadline arrives.

You will probably have to be very flexible with the day and time as you'll be the last group to book. 7:30 is a very popular time for the restaurants and tables for 6 are few. The earlier you try to nook the better. Good luck and welcome to Oceania.

Somebody gets these tables. So how do they do it? The place is usually packed, as noted, with 4, 6, & 8 tops. Guess one must very lucky or very connected:D

Somebody gets these tables. So how do they do it? The place is usually packed, as noted, with 4, 6, & 8 tops. Guess one must very lucky or very connected:D

Many, many people ask to share a larger table in the Specialty Restaurants without specifically choosing their dinner companions.

With only one meal at stake, doing so can be a terrific way to meet new people.

Calling early is one keystone for getting a larger " shared" table, the second is knowing the other Passenger's Booking numbers, and the third is realizing that the reservation cannot be finalized until the Passenger with the lowest category cabin has arrived at the date when they may make Online reservations:

90 days out for the Big Suites

75 days out for Penthouses

60 days out for Concierge Staterooms

45 days out for everyone else.

In other words, Passenger's who may book earliest save "a Table" in a particular Restaurant at a given hour which they designate as a "Sharing Table". Later, friends in lower categories ask to be added to that table as their deadline arrives.

The booking number is that 7 digit (no letter) number I am asked for when I call Oceania and they pull up my reservation? I don't need cabin numbers, do I? Forgive me for being so uptight, but I now have a quest to secure reservations and want it to go flawlessly, or as flawlessly as it can.

The booking number is that 7 digit (no letter) number I am asked for when I call Oceania and they pull up my reservation? I don't need cabin numbers, do I? Forgive me for being so uptight, but I now have a quest to secure reservations and want it to go flawlessly, or as flawlessly as it can.

The Booking number is all that you will need, well, that and the permission of those other guests at your table to use one or more of their guaranteed Specialty Restaurant Reservations.

Yes, when you invite others to join your table, it still counts against their number of Reservations.

The Booking number is all that you will need, well, that and the permission of those other guests at your table to use one or more of their guaranteed Specialty Restaurant Reservations.

Yes, when you invite others to join your table, it still counts against their number of Reservations.

Understood. They are family members and trust me to handle the reservations. Again I appreciate all of CC assistance.