Balcony cabin by elevators

We just booked a balcony cabin on our first Princess cruise, Caribbean Princess ship and were "updated". We are now on the Lido deck in cabin #303 which is directly by the stairs and elevators. We usually stay in aft cabins which have always been quiet. Any feedback about our location?

We just booked a balcony cabin on our first Princess cruise, Caribbean Princess ship and were "updated". We are now on the Lido deck in cabin #303 which is directly by the stairs and elevators. We usually stay in aft cabins which have always been quiet. Any feedback about our location?

We've had both balcony and inside cabins by the mid ship elevators and have never had any issues. Our last cruise on the Ruby was next to the International Cafe and never had a sound issue. Though the neighbors across from us insisted that at night the door to the atrium be closed. We've even had an inside right behind an elevator without so much as a peep of sound from the elevator or stairwells. Our next two cruises on the Emerald will be the the exact same cabin as on the Ruby (Emerald has the same layout as the Ruby).

I've had many cabins near elevator lobbies and never heard any more noise than normal. The cabin doors are well insulated... so much so that if you want to hear a PA announcement, you have to open the door. You might hear someone talking right at your door but that could happen anywhere on the ship.

I'll have to be the lone dissenter here. While we didn't have a problem with the elevator noise at all, it seemed that our one and only cruise adjacent to the elevator lobby was always filled with noise from people talking/laughing late at night. That…and the fact that people would peer into our cabin every time the door was open. It made for a few very awkward moments when I had to dive and hide not fully dressed when my dear husband wasn't thinking and just opened the door.

I'd not hesitate to book a cabin close to the elevator again, I'd just go down a few cabins away from the lobby area. It is convenient to be close to the elevators.

Thank you everyone for your replies and valuable feedback. We really appreciate it! We look forward to our upcoming cruise and won't be concerned a bit about our cabin location by the stairs and elevators. As a humorous note to one of the posts...Thanks for the warning about the possibility of people peering into your cabin while milling about waiting for elevators or meeting other passengers. We will sure to practice our "dive on the bed routine" in the event one of us opens the cabin door by accident and the other is not yet properly dressed! Happy cruising!

Just checked the cabin location (which I should have done before) and there aren't that many cabins on your hallway. Those elevators/stairs won't have the same usage as those further aft as you're away from the buffet area. It'll mostly be people from the cabins along your hallway.