Celebrity no longer doing brunch ??

km5377

We enjoy the Brunch. The group of us have a light breakfast and arrive when it opens and always find a seat. I have learned to have a look at everything before taking the first thing that looks good. It never fails that someone will come back to the table with something yummy looking that I didn't see and now I don't have room for lol The staff do a huge amount of work setting it up with incredible ice carvings etc. Even if you don't want to eat, you should get there early and take some pictures:)

For those of you who don’t know – the brunch was Celebrity’s “midnight buffet” of sorts with every food imaginable. It look the entire main dining room. Let’s hope this is just temporary as the sea-day brunch was something that we always looked forward too.

I wouldn't term it that way. It was more like relocating the buffet down to the dining room. Same cereals, fruits, salads, bread, salmon.

Nothing wrong if you like the buffet, but nothing different or exceptional either - and unfortunately nothing like the midnight buffet.

My opinion,

Given the OP's comments relate to Solstice, this could simply be a ''market taste'' issue. Perhaps a largely Australian/ NewZealanders guests base is not too ''big on brunches'' , ; those views were perhaps reflected over the recent weeks and Celebrity is simply reacting..

After all, various posters have indicated the ''brunch '' event is still on , on other sailings and ships.

Cheers

I agree with your comments. On our last celebrity cruise (April 2013 equinox) the brunch and the elite tea were just fair. In fact, after that cruise my husband decided he never wanted dinner in Blu . Maybe the food was just fair fleet wide

Back on topic-the gala buffet was not very good. Plus, the way folks attacked the food was a bit disgusting.

M

Yes, we found it unappetising this past April on Reflection. I had bragged it up to my daughter and then it was like a very pretty trough, pushing and jumping in front of you (I use a cane) so I just sat down and watched. Would never go again.

There is a lot of interest on the topic of Brunch on Celebrity.

Here are some pictures I took while on the Silhouette in Nov 2013.

Enjoy!

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2013/12/brunch-on-celebrity-silhouette-nov-2013.html

Thank you very much for sharing your pictures. I'm planning on a cruise on the Eclipse next November and this is something I really would like to attend. My mother is a cheese lover and I enjoy sushi - my dad's big on carved meat and shrimp so this looks like the best of all 3 worlds.

Enjoy!

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2013/12/brunch-on-celebrity-silhouette-nov-2013.html

Wow - I hope they have the brunch on the Summit in January! I don't think anyone else would like it though - you should all stay away and leave it for me. :D

Wow, such negativity about the brunch. What's not to like about food beautifully presented, with smoked salmon, king crab, carved meats, pancake and waffle and omelet stations, desserts and all that? It's something that Celebrity does, and does it very nicely. Most people are appreciative, I'm sure. And if you don't want to eat that much, just go and look at the neat things they carve and dip something in the chocolate fountain.

If you don't want to go because of all those people, great. More brunch for me. :D

I generally have enjoyed the brunch and favour it way over the so called midnight buffets that proceeded it.

Most that I have taken part in we had no problems with crowding however several seemed to reflect the habits of certain ethnic groups and were kinda like the feeding trough experience as described. Timing is the key but when that is depends on the pax of the day. No rhyme or reason.

Regarding the chocolate . The very first buffet we went to was on the Solstice early in its career. It was St Patricks day and the chocolate was pale green. Just something terribly wrong with that. :D. But I guess it tasted ok still.

Enjoy!

Ok, now I'm hungry and just might have to go on our New Years cruise. Thanks for the pictures.

Mary Lou

There was one on the 2nd to last day on the Nov 30 Eclipse sailing. Nothing special. The only surprises were probably for those passengers that took the champaign and found that there was a charge. Found the crowd to be rather civilized and not as bad as what I had experienced in the past.

Wouldn't miss it if it was discontinued. Not the high lite of the cruise.

.🎅🎄

On Eclipse there was also a charge for "fresh squeezed" orange juice, which tasted watered down! They've gone overboard (pun intended) with all the nickel & dime charges, plus an outrageous $90. for dinner for 2 in a specialty restaurant before wine, in addition to the meal you've already paid for in your fare. Previous brunches were more elaborate in my opinion and I agree they're not really special any more. Also, to avoid the crowds, you go late and are usually seated upstairs with the food picked over & unappetizing. It won't surprise me to see a charge for brunches in future.

Hi,

I returned home from the Celebrity Constellation yesterday (the Dec. 14-19 cruise that spent the extra day in Key West for engine repairs). Due to the revised itinerary, we only had one sea day. Brunch was held on the sea day and was very nice. There was an incredible variety of food and the displays were beautiful (including ice sculptures). The brunch seemed to be very popular on this cruise.

Chuck

On Eclipse there was also a charge for "fresh squeezed" orange juice, which tasted watered down! They've gone overboard (pun intended) with all the nickel & dime charges, plus an outrageous $90. for dinner for 2 in a specialty restaurant before wine, in addition to the meal you've already paid for in your fare. Previous brunches were more elaborate in my opinion and I agree they're not really special any more. Also, to avoid the crowds, you go late and are usually seated upstairs with the food picked over & unappetizing. It won't surprise me to see a charge for brunches in future.

Celebrity has charged for many years, if not forever for fresh orange juice.

I agree with you about the restaurant charge, moreso though because they've removed some of the extra touches to justify the extra cost. But I wouldn't expect them to charge for the brunch. It's just that the special extras have been removed and it's just a transfer of food from the buffet so not really a lot of extra effort aside from the setup in the MDR.

We just got off a 12-night voyage on the Solstice and were informed that Celebrity stopped doing their massive brunch about three cruises prior. The dining room manager believed that it was fleet wide.

For those of you who don’t know – the brunch was Celebrity’s “midnight buffet” of sorts with every food imaginable. It look the entire main dining room. Let’s hope this is just temporary as the sea-day brunch was something that we always looked forward too.

We are just of the Equinox from a Trans Atlantic cruise from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale and they did a brunch. We skipped the brunch because we don't like the crowds and opted to go to the Bistro on 5 for a very nice, quiet and civilized lunch with a lovely glass of wine.

Enjoy!

Wow that looks amazing! The ice carvings are wonderful. Thanks for sharing these photos. I'm looking forward to the brunch on the Summit in February.cheers!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

First time Celebrity cruiser here, off the Dec. 7 Reflection trip, so I have no previous experience to compare it to - I don't know if it was "better" in the past. As previously noted, our buffet was on our San Juan day. We got there towards the tail end, and had no problem finding seats or finding wonderful food. We really enjoyed it and thought it was significantly nicer than the Oceanview. I would definitely go again, but not at opening (of course, I try to avoid any food venue on a ship at opening, due to the feeding frenzy mentality!).

Brunch is not for me. I do not like to eat mid-morning. Brunch is poorly done. It looks nice if you come when it opens. If you come around noon, it is gross. Food is picked through and not cleaned up. Depending upon the traffic flow, it can be hard to find a place to eat. Waiters seem overwhelmed. I hate brunch. A regular midnight buffet would be nice. I used to enjoy them. It was rarely crowded like the brunch. I also liked the butlers with late night snacks circulating through the ship. I am not into large crowds attacking large plates of food. I skip the brunch. I prefer the buffet. On sea days, a sit down lunch in the MDR is very nice. The only nice part about the brunch is that the buffet is empty on that day. If you like the brunch, go. That leaves me with no crowd up in the buffet. Not sure if eliminating the brunch saves Celebrity money. People are on the ship...and they will eat someplace. I would not miss the brunch.

On our last two cruises, Infinity and Eclipse, we have gone to the brunch around noon. It was crowded and we had to take a table upstairs. When I looked down and saw the crowds around the food, I decided it was not for me. DH stayed and said the food was good, so he persuaded me to go on the next cruise. It was exactly the same, so I left again. I don't like crowds and the thought of having to stand in lines and then carry my food upstairs really didn't appeal to me.

The first time we tried a brunch we were very impressed and it didn't seem that the quality had changed much, but it has certainly become more popular and crowded now.

First time Celebrity cruiser here, off the Dec. 7 Reflection trip, so I have no previous experience to compare it to - I don't know if it was "better" in the past. As previously noted, our buffet was on our San Juan day. We got there towards the tail end, and had no problem finding seats or finding wonderful food. We really enjoyed it and thought it was significantly nicer than the Oceanview. I would definitely go again, but not at opening (of course, I try to avoid any food venue on a ship at opening, due to the feeding frenzy mentality!).

Odd. Just off the December 14 Reflection and I don't think there was a brunch at all. I checked the dailies I kept and I don't see it listed.