To cl or not to cl that is the question!

PORT ROYAL

To CL or not to CL that is the question!

Hi Guys

Thought I would bring CC members up to speed on my ongoing E-mail discussions with RCL regarding D+ members having the benefit of the Concierge Lounge removed in 2014.

There has been an exchange of E-mails with RCL on this topic. For my part I tried many times, unsuccessfully, to ascertain a definitive answer with a simple YES or a NO, with regard to the question if D+ will lose the CL benefit. RCL replies continued, and remain to be somewhat infuriatingly ambiguous and deliberately non-specific.

For interest I cut/copy/paste items from the written exchanges.

I sent –

Could you kindly answer my question again, with a single word answer being a yes or a no (YES = D+ will lose the CL Benefit – NO = will not lose the CL benefit)l

RCL replied –

Regrettably, your question cannot be answered with a yes or no answer.

Currently, the Concierge Lounge is a benefit for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members. Royal Caribbean International has not announced any plans to remove this as a benefit to our Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members.

I sent –

By your reply, when stating Royal Caribbean has not announced any plans to remove the benefit of the concierge lounge from Pinnacle and Diamond Plus members (I noted use of the wording to include both membership status), one has clearly deduced that RCL probably will seek to remove D+ members from the Concierge Lounge, but not actually announced it yet.

Therefore, I will take it as read that when one boards, the concierge lounge will not be considered a benefit to Diamond Plus members.

RCL –

No reply yet received – It has gone very quiet in RCL land

From the above, what would CC members’ take be on this situation?

Do you honestly believe that some low level CSR at RCCL knows whether the CL lounge will be available for D+ people in the future?

They probably have not even decided themselves yet.

Fair point - But January 1st 2014 is just a few days away

Do you honestly believe that some low level CSR at RCCL knows whether the CL lounge will be available for D+ people in the future?

They probably have not even decided themselves yet.

...and do you think that they would provide an answer prior to any formal announcement, if there is to be one? I would think if they do know they have been well coached not to say anything until RCI would announce it - again, assuming there is a change and an announcement coming.

So my take is if there is any change coming we will know for sure when they tell us.

that there are no changes planned for the immediate future. I guess I don't understand what is so hard to understand about that?

It will either happen, or it will not and until then it makes no sense, nor serves no purpose to speculate either way or get all up in arms about it.

You asked what we thought, we're answering.

I'm floored. Are you bored? Are you worried?

There are bigger problems in life. The people reading your emails at RCCL are rolling their eyes at your emails. Demanding a yes or no answer makes you seem entitled and to be honest, a little rude.

Enjoy life. Enjoy the lounge, if you cruise now or the next time you're on a ship. Life's too short to get worked up about, as something eloquently put it "mediocre drinks and pigs in a blanket"

Yes, the lounge is more to some people... I myself as a diamond enjoy that lounge. But to make a mountain out of the issue... come on.

Edited by Weatherman1182

This seems to be a major fascination with the OP. He has/had the same worries on Celebrity. I can't believe anyone would be that worried over something like this. Why not enjoy the current benefits that are available? If changes happen, they happen. Nothing anyone can do about it.

Worst case scenario is that D+ move to the D lounge. The real worry is for D's

Here's my take on this.

I can't believe you're actually wasting their time with this when they can be helping others with REAL issues.

There is absolutely NO BENEFIT in constantly raising this issue!

So very true !

It might happen or not and guess what, life will go on.

I'll never get over the fascination people have with the Concierge Lounge. Mediocre drinks and pigs in a blanket with a bunch of septuagenarians.... ...

:D Obviously some people are obsessed with it:rolleyes:

However the analogy to an airline lounge isn't that smart - they can be a great respite from the chaos of the terminal.

Edited by bouhunter

To CL or not to CL that is the question!

My take is that you are trying to make something out of nothing.

You might as well ask them if they are going to remove toilet paper from the bathrooms of D+ cruisers, and when they don't take the time to respond to your useless question, assume it is going to happen

Worst case scenario is that D+ move to the D lounge. The real worry is for D's

We'll be "D" after the next cruise, and not "worried" about anything:rolleyes: We could care less about hanging out in a little room for a couple free drinks:rolleyes:

Edited by bouhunter

Personally, except for Oasis and Allure (and presumably Quantum), the D lounge is more desirable. But if they were to remove the D+ access to the Concierge Lounge, they will certainly replace it with another perk. They are experimenting with allowing drinks in any lounge during the Happy hour times (3 a day or something like that). I'd like to see that, then we can have drinks with non member friends and family.

For what it is worth.

My point is I ask a question regarding the possible removal of the CL benefit from D+ only. The RCL answer was to state that currently the benefit is for both and there has been no announcement to remove from both.

RCL should have stated that currently there are no plans to remove the CL benefit from either. Just a possible implication by the wording of a potential defense.

Eg: Are you going to shoot "A"? - There are no plans to shoot both "A" & "B".

+2. If you want access to CL, then book a GS or higher and then whatever decision they make has zero impact on you!

Sure an over simplistic answer is going to help the anxiety some have about losing the CL..NOT!.......If the Queen had B***s she would be King right?

Fact is many of us cannot afford to travel in a suite and the CL lounge is a special treat. It is a perk we have grown to appreciate. It's insensitive not to consider that some people, I suspect most, want the privilege to continue.

Justsayin:)

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

You will find this on the C&A Member's Benefits Page........

"Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice".

I believe that this covers it all!!:)