Unlimited dining package?

jmele999

I just read on another thread that NCL will be having a new unlimited dining package starting next month. Has anybody heard anything about it?

Most of our trips have already been unlimited dining.

Guessing this refers to the pay restaurants.

Where did you hear about this? (links)

I don't think that it'd be "Unlimited" but "Ultimate" - like the UBP, because there are in fact limitations.

I too would like to hear more about this rumour, the package was actually tested in late 2012 (IIRC) on few ships but it wasn't longlived nor launched fleetwide back then.

It would make sense for NCL to offer such a dining package since so much of the square footage of public areas on their ships are dedicated to specialty restaurants. I would like more information on this package as well. The current offer is nice and especially if you dine the first day as you get a complimentary bottle of wine at dinner. :)

What a great idea. If you booked ultimate dining and the drinks package this would then count as all inclusive and would surely take away all the nickel and dime moaners. Wishfull thinking but probably not !

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

What a great idea. If you booked ultimate dining and the drinks package this would then count as all inclusive and would surely take away all the nickel and dime moaners. Wishfull thinking but probably not !

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

They will always find something to moan about.

Example:

They just won that $640 million jackpot. They will complain that they have to split the pot with the other winner.

or

The transatlantic cruise was restfull, just too damn many sea days though.

I heard from a friend who works for NCL that it will begin being sold onboard all ships right after the first of the year, and pre-sell shortly after that. Different pricing according to the length of the cruise with some exclusions. As with the UBP, all people on the reservation must purchase it, kids pricing in the specialty restaurants remains the same.

I heard from a friend who works for NCL that it will begin being sold onboard all ships right after the first of the year, and pre-sell shortly after that. Different pricing according to the length of the cruise with some exclusions. As with the UBP, all people on the reservation must purchase it, kids pricing in the specialty restaurants remains the same.

Pretty much the rumor I've heard as well.

I hope it does come to reality. I'd benefit for sure.

This would be excellent news! I hope the pricing is revealed soon as I'm sailing right after the first of the New Year so this program would be rolled out then hopefully! :)

Pretty much the rumor I've heard as well.

I hope it does come to reality. I'd benefit for sure.

I think that you might change your mind once you think about benefits that you couldn't use (no need for that Platinum Dinner for two if you've purchased a package), the exclusions (no Chef's Table, no Spiegel Tent/Illusionarium, no Ocean Blue), and factored in the actual cost of the package.

I think that you might change your mind once you think about benefits that you couldn't use (no need for that Platinum Dinner for two if you've purchased a package), the exclusions (no Chef's Table, no Spiegel Tent/Illusionarium, no Ocean Blue), and factored in the actual cost of the package.

Well, I think that it depends on how much the package is. We only eat at specialty restaurants and so a 5-day UDP would be ideal since we also plan on doing the Chef's table. If they only offer a 7-day package similar to the UBP, then we will need to see what the concierge can do in terms of allowing us to pay the upcharge for the Chef's table. If the 7-day UDP is reasonably priced, then we will definitely get it.

Do you guys think that it will be a 7 day package or that they would offer other options? Any suggestions for pricing?

Hey guys,

I found out about the package from the horses mouth (NCL), I called today to ask since I'm cruising soon and was curious.

Apparently, it will be for sale beginning 1/10 for prepurchase, and for a seven day cruise, it's $119. It includes unlimited dining at each of the specialty restaurants,but doesn't include cirque( on epic) or the a la carte restaurants

(although she said its like 20% discount there). She also said you can eat at the same restaurant more than once,so if you really like Cagneys, it'll pay for itself after a few days lol. It does need to be purchased by all in the cabin. I did not inquire about child rates,as I'm traveling solo,but knew others would want to know about the double occupancy policy.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do it or not,as the four restaurants I'd likely want to do still comes out cheaper(Cagney,le bistro,moderns,la cucina), but for seven nights...will have to ponder.

Hope that helps!

Stacey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for this thread since Im very interested in this.

I am in an OS on 4 night Sky in March and would love to purchase this option. Is it available on cruises less than seven nights? Also Im in an S4 on Breakaway in August. If we plan on utilizing the Haven restaurant twice for dinner, would you suggest we still purchase the specialty dinner package? When we are not dining in the Haven restaurant, we will be dining in specialties. On Sky, only specialities.

Thank you.

Hey guys,

I found out about the package from the horses mouth (NCL), I called today to ask since I'm cruising soon and was curious.

Apparently, it will be for sale beginning 1/10 for prepurchase, and for a seven day cruise, it's $119. It includes unlimited dining at each of the specialty restaurants,but doesn't include cirque( on epic) or the a la carte restaurants

(although she said its like 20% discount there). She also said you can eat at the same restaurant more than once,so if you really like Cagneys, it'll pay for itself after a few days lol. It does need to be purchased by all in the cabin. I did not inquire about child rates,as I'm traveling solo,but knew others would want to know about the double occupancy policy.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do it or not,as the four restaurants I'd likely want to do still comes out cheaper(Cagney,le bistro,moderns,la cucina), but for seven nights...will have to ponder.

Hope that helps!

Stacey

This is most helpful information! Thank you very much for that! I'm guessing on a 14 day cruise it'll be twice the price per person but sounds like it would be something to strongly consider. Thank you again for sharing the information.

What am I missing here ? I have not sailed NCL for a few years now, but the buffet has always been unlimited. And the dinning room was to, all you had to do was ask for more. I personally have never seen the need for the pay specialty on board restaurants with all the other on board food available.

This is most helpful information! Thank you very much for that! I'm guessing on a 14 day cruise it'll be twice the price per person but sounds like it would be something to strongly consider. Thank you again for sharing the information.

Not double :) $199 for cruises 10days or longer.

What am I missing here ? I have not sailed NCL for a few years now, but the buffet has always been unlimited. And the dinning room was to, all you had to do was ask for more. I personally have never seen the need for the pay specialty on board restaurants with all the other on board food available.

Some people strongly prefer the specialty extra fee restaurants for a variety of reasons. I like a mix, so I don't know as the UDP would be worth it for me and my wife. We've got 2 weeks or so to figure it out

Some people strongly prefer the specialty extra fee restaurants for a variety of reasons. I like a mix, so I don't know as the UDP would be worth it for me and my wife. We've got 2 weeks or so to figure it out

Yes, while we have longer to figure it out, it could very well be a wash for us. We enjoy the specialty restaurants, especially Moderno and the LaCucina but we also love the option of the buffet and the other complimentary restaurants.