Unlimited dining package?

jmele999

This was new for me as I haven't checked the NCL boards in a while. I found pricing for a 7 day cruise to be $119 per person. In adding up 6 nights, with one at each restaurant I get $125 total per person. So really not the greatest savings, unless you eat at Cagney's or the Teppanyaki more than once.

We might look into it though, if my husband wants to do a specialty restaurant each night. If we add Teppanyaki a second night then we end up saving around $31, though I am sure he would also prefer we skip Bamboo and choose something else different if that is possible.

We have a suite booked so I know I will be going to Cagney's for breakfast.

Can you still get the UDP for $119 if you wait and book on board ? I have OBC to use and cant pre-buy and use mu OBC.

Thanks

John

Not sure, one post said a $59 short cruise online price was sold at $89 onboard NCL Pearl

This was new for me as I haven't checked the NCL boards in a while. I found pricing for a 7 day cruise to be $119 per person. In adding up 6 nights, with one at each restaurant I get $125 total per person.

How do you come up with 6 nights?

1 Sat Night

2 Sun Night

3 Mon Night

4 Tue Night

5 Wed Night

6 Thu Night

7 Fri Night

This was new for me as I haven't checked the NCL boards in a while. I found pricing for a 7 day cruise to be $119 per person. In adding up 6 nights, with one at each restaurant I get $125 total per person. So really not the greatest savings, unless you eat at Cagney's or the Teppanyaki more than once.

We might look into it though, if my husband wants to do a specialty restaurant each night. If we add Teppanyaki a second night then we end up saving around $31, though I am sure he would also prefer we skip Bamboo and choose something else different if that is possible.

We have a suite booked so I know I will be going to Cagney's for breakfast.

A 7 day cruise also has 7 nights. You can go to a different specialty restaurant every night or pick and choose the ones that you enjoy the most eat at those venues more than once. We are going to Le Bistro 3 times on our 7 night cruise because that one is our favorite. We are skipping the Italian and the Chinese ones which have less appeal to us. Hope that helps.:)

• 1 month later...

If you plan to book the UDP with the Cirque Dreams & Dinner included (on Epic) the first night, keep in mind that there may not be any shows available to reserve online. It was available online before I purchased the UDP.

With embarkments in Barcelona & Rome in June, the show may be sold out before we board the ship in Rome. I called NCL & was told that there's nothing they can do about it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by usrpah

When I booked our Breakaway cruise I decided to pass on the package.

This may be a great deal for those who may have had trouble getting into a Specialty Restaurant on past cruises.

We've cruised in a Suite on the Jewel & will again on the Breakaway -and with the Concierge available, getting a table is not a problem.

I also like to be flexible & not plan every meal ahead of time. I don't know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow :D

With all the places to eat on the ship -I don't want to be tied down to any restaurant.

I'm not sure if the idea was to save people money -or just guarantee that they could get a table at the Specialty Restaurant of their choice.

This may be a great deal for those who may have had trouble getting into a Specialty Restaurant on past cruises.

We've cruised in a Suite on the Jewel & will again on the Breakaway -and with the Concierge available, getting a table is not a problem.

I also like to be flexible & not plan every meal ahead of time. I don't know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow :D

With all the places to eat on the ship -I don't want to be tied down to any restaurant.

I'm not sure if the idea was to save people money -or just guarantee that they could get a table at the Specialty Restaurant of their choice.

All I know is that on my November 11 day cruise, I purchased the UDP and I figure it will save me about $80 or more. Yeah!

But...you aren't. :confused:

We were on the Spirit last week for 9 days.

We went the Cagneys, Le Bistro and the Italian. Then we went back to Cagneys again on the last night.

We both decided that the second visit to Cagneys was a mistake. We really love the Speciality Restaurants, but one of the great things about them is that they are a treat.

For us the UDP would be a big mistake. We would spend more money and add very little to the cruise.

Next month, we are on the Epic. We will go to Moderno as a Platinum freebie, and pay for two others at the most.

I took advantage of a price drop and the free UDP promotion, so I'm planning to hit a specialty restaurant every night. However, I had no inclination to do that when paying full price for the UDP. I'm very happy with the MDRs and buffet and the UDP wouldn't have been worth it otherwise. I would have gone to two or three specialty places, tops.

Edited by Sizzlechest

Just off 11-day Sun. It was $199 pp for the duration. We didn't do it, but we did three specialty nights.

1st night in La Cuccina. About 1/4 full.

2nd night in Moderno. One other table occupied.

3rd night (last night) in Le Bistro. About 1/2 full. I can't imagine those things are worthwhile to keep operating.

If you are like us then the UDP is a wonderful option. We like to eat many small meals throughout the day. If you go to a specialty restaurant you can feel like you have to "get your money's worth". You try to experience as much as you can in that restaurant while you are there because if you go back again you have to pay another fee. With the UPD we can have a couple courses when the restaurants open and then a couple/few hours later we can go have a couple more courses somewhere else (or the same place again). We don't like to gorge ourselves and this will eliminate that temptation because of having to pay each time you go there. I think the only place we will make a reservation will be Teppenyaki but other than that we will look at the board to see what is less busy and that is where we will go. We are very casual which is why we really enjoy NCL :D