Unlimited dining package?

jmele999

I realize this only rolled out earlier this morning for official booking, but there is already an online 'glitch' associated with this offer . . .

It appears that with the arrival of Ultimate Dining Package, the earlier offer of a Dining Trio (La Cucina, Le Bistro, & Cagneys) was to be removed. But this morning, that offer still clearly remains, and can be booked . . . but the "exclusive online cover charge" is not given at checkout. A call to NCL advises this is no longer being offered and should not appear online. Was also advised that the comp house wine on embarkation night (that is still advertised this morning) with the trio is no longer offered and should not be appearing as well.

Oooopsie. :(

I realize this only rolled out earlier this morning for official booking, but there is already an online 'glitch' associated with this offer . . .

It appears that with the arrival of Ultimate Dining Package, the earlier offer of a Dining Trio (La Cucina, Le Bistro, & Cagneys) was to be removed. But this morning, that offer still clearly remains, and can be booked . . . but the "exclusive online cover charge" is not given at checkout. A call to NCL advises this is no longer being offered and should not appear online. Was also advised that the comp house wine on embarkation night (that is still advertised this morning) with the trio is no longer offered and should not be appearing as well.

Oooopsie. :(

OK what about those of us who have already booked AND paid for the dining trio with the free bottle of house wine on first night??? I sure hope this won't have any effect on that! :confused:

OK what about those of us who have already booked AND paid for the dining trio with the free bottle of house wine on first night??? I sure hope this won't have any effect on that! :confused:

I don't believe it will. When Ocean Blue on the Breakaway raised their prices those of us that pre-booked at the cheaper price were 'grandfathered' in and only paid the price we pre-booked at. You should be fine.

Harriet

Yes, that was possible last year on the Pearl when we bought the package for $79/person. Unlimited dinners except for Teppenyaki and sushi. They were not included. We lost out on our platinum dinners, but ate several times in Cagney's so it was still a great deal.

$79 seems like a much more reasonable price point for this.

For us, we plan to do the Cirque show, and at least one dinner off the ship. We're not frequent cruisers so we're not "tired" of the MDR menu. I bet we'll eat out at the specialties twice, so $119pp doesn't come even close to making sense for us.

Good question, but I doubt it will have a negative affect on anyone already booked.

My observation is because today is the 45-day mark, and the booking for my sailing only opened early this morning . . . and it just happened to be their day to make UDP available as well.

of course I don't know for sure, but I am guessing it won't affect what you have already paid for, we had a similar situation many years ago. We booked a specialty dining room on another ship for $20.00 per person prior to sailing. The price did go up to $30 but the cruise line never questioned our lower rate.

I just got it in my NCL account, its 119.00 per person for a 7 day cruise and both parties have to purchase it. This replaces the 3 meal package they offered.

Edited by dam64

I just got it in my NCL account, its 119.00 per person for a 7 day cruise and both parties have to purchase it.

FAQ specifically states that there is no such requirement so that is probably only a website glitch (there are many similar on MyNCL).

Well, I recently pre purchased the signature trio (Cagneys, Le Bistro, and La Cucina plus a free bottle of wine as long as you reserve Cagneys for the first night) for $57. I didn't know about this new deal at the time and don't know if they would let me switch. Still, I think I'd just as soon stick to the trio for now and "rough it" in the free venues the rest of the time. I'm already a fan of the UBP, and plan on buying that for the cruise. My only concern is that this will cause a downgrade of service and quality in the main dining rooms. I know that many feel that quality has ALREADY gone down in those areas. I don't really have enough prior experience to judge myself, but I've so far found them to be perfectly fine. Maybe not as good as the fancier spots, but just as good as many mid level restaurants you'll visit on shore. We shall see how this all works out. It's all pretty interesting though! :)

I also pre-purchased for $57, and with pre-purchsing all of the other venues it came to $117. This only leaves 1 night open and since I will also do Cirque, it does not pay for me to make the change.

Well, they are getting me to consider shelling out about $60 more than I otherwise would per person on specialty dining. Well played, Norwegian.

I agree that it is a very good move. However, it might also turn some people off because there are those who might consider doing 3 specialty restaurants for $57, but will not book the UDP. They should have both options available.

I think that $119 is too high. Imagine if you are a family of 4, would you get the UDP?

Does anyone know if you can eat in the same restaurant twice?

I do not see any stipulations regarding this on their Q/A.

I just called NCL and Michelle said that there are no restrictions on how many times you dine in the same speciality restaurant. I'm sailing the BA in August but also on the Sky in March and they only have 3 speciality restaurants and I am going 4 nights.

I plan on purchasing the package since we only planned on dining in the specialty restaurants on Sky.

For BA, we are in the Haven and plan on also using Haven Restaurant so that would not be a good deal for us but I love LeBistro so may do twice.

Did anyone else get the same or different information?

If more passengers dine specialty via this offer, that means less in MDR so availability/service may improve during peak periods!;)

Don't bet on it. The already shortstaffed MDR will lose even more servers as they are moved to the specialtys to deal with the extra diners. More tables might be available in the MDR, but you won't have a server.

I just had the offer appear in my booking. $199 for 13 night Jewel Panama Canal cruise in April. Unlimited nights in speciality restaurants.

The posts I am reading about the poor service/food quality in the MDR made this a no brainier for me.

What a great idea. If you booked ultimate dining and the drinks package this would then count as all inclusive and would surely take away all the nickel and dime moaners. Wishfull thinking but probably not !

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

What is the drinks package? I can't find any info on it. Thanks for any info ;)

Wondering if anyone knows whether or not you pay additional charges on certain menu items (for example, lobster and crab legs @ Cagney's) if you purchase the UDP? Also, can you eat multiple specialty restaurants on same night?

Wondering if anyone knows whether or not you pay additional charges on certain menu items (for example, lobster and crab legs @ Cagney's) if you purchase the UDP? Also, can you eat multiple specialty restaurants on same night?

Big thing to notice - the "U" stands for Ultimate and not Unlimited. Difference in meaning there.

The answer to your first question is all menu items are included.

You can read the entire faq here.

It does not address going to more than one location in a single evening. The wording does say "Norwegian's Ultimate Dining Package allows you to dine in a specialty restaurant every night of your cruise all for one set price based on the number of days."

If you take it literally, "A" means one, and evening means no lunches. Rarely do marketing departments think of what words actually mean when they are putting up web sites, so hopefully some day, someone will get an answer to if it is available for specialty locations open at lunch and if you can go to more than one place a night.