Email from Oceania - Move to Alternate Sailing with Cash Back Offer

mdmourges

I have taken lots of cruises and have never rec'd an e-mail titled this. I found it interesting that there was no mention of a dollar amount toward the Cash Back in the email itself. Regardless, receiving this makes me a bit nervous about what might come next. Have any of you ever rec'd anything like this? And if so, if you didn't respond, was there anything that followed? And I have no desire to change the sailing date I am currently booked on for what it is worth. Thanks.

Mark

I have taken lots of cruises and have never rec'd an e-mail titled this. I found it interesting that there was no mention of a dollar amount toward the Cash Back in the email itself. Regardless, receiving this makes me a bit nervous about what might come next. Have any of you ever rec'd anything like this? And if so, if you didn't respond, was there anything that followed? And I have no desire to change the sailing date I am currently booked on for what it is worth. Thanks.

Mark

Which cruise is this for???

O frequently makes offers to move cabins on the same cruise or to move to another cruise.

That part is not unusual.

Edited by orchestrapal

It is very common to receive such an email from Oceania.

The reason that the "offer" isn't put in writing is that it is time sensitive.

The fact that the ship may be overbooked isn't any reason to be concerned, in fact it may result in some very happy opportunities for you and your shipmates.

Enjoy it!

Edited by JimandStan

I realize this is new to you so now that it has been explained that you have nothing to be concerned about you can continue leave things as they are to see if more offers are sent (to you) or if they bother you then just tell your TA that you do not want to them/

Note that not everyone on that sailing is getting the offer you have received - only few. Who is on that list or why is O's secret. If you do want the offer then act fast as they have limited availability

Got one today via my TA

Declined though

I am ready to go NOW & the offer was for the end of March

I am already stir crazy :eek:

The offer may have been for my March 28th sailing. Only the Owner's Suite is sold out and there is availability for all other cabins.

Got one today via my TA

Declined though

I am ready to go NOW & the offer was for the end of March

I am already stir crazy :eek:

Worse is when you would be HAPPY to go earlier and you get an offer to go earlier for less money, but you can't go then because of a conflict. Happened to us.

:mad:

Mark

The only thing that happened with us is that the offers got more and more favorable and came more frequently the closer the cruise came. (I guess no one was taking them up on the deals.) We finally caved and took an offer. Oceania promptly refunded the agreed amount to our credit card and it all worked out great, except that we had to wait nearly two more months for the new cruise.

We received an offer to change to any cruise, anywhere from. Feb thru dec. 2013 for port charges only and received a full refund for the original trip!! Of course we and 2 other couples took them up on it. TA couldn't believe the offer. Not on Oceania.

We received an offer to change to any cruise, anywhere from. Feb thru dec. 2013 for port charges only and received a full refund for the original trip!! Of course we and 2 other couples took them up on it. TA couldn't believe the offer. Not on Oceania.

Please tell me it wasn't for the Carnival's "poop cruise" or for any of the other Carnival's "doomed" cruises :D

We were on the first leg of a world cruise. I think they had folks who wanted the whole deal. It was a win for all of us. A $16,000 win for us. And probably an $85,000 win for Crystal for each couple.