Things I Don't Like!

pingpong1

Hate is such a negative word. Are we having second thoughts on your Regent experience? Or future ones? I would like to read your comments on your cruise, besides drink and food menus.

You are correct...

I always wonder why people pay multi-thousands of $$ to cruise and relegate so much of their time to reporting on the current state of how fluffy the cheesecake might be or who the pastry chef might be on a particular segment or if a certain bartender might be around.

No matter how helpful I would want to be, I wouldn't spend so much my time posting full menus every day.

What ever happened to sitting and relaxing and reading a book?

I know the responses to this will be that people want to know what's going on, but to offer so much personal detail seems like a bit of overkill to me.

Got to be some more interesting things to do with one's life....but the more I read Cruise Critic, I suppose not.

I imagine that the social networks have pretty much intruded into everyone's lives, but the difficulty is to avoid them....

Facebookers, etc., flame away..

You are correct...

I always wonder why people pay multi-thousands of $$ to cruise and relegate so much of their time to reporting on the current state of how fluffy the cheesecake might be or who the pastry chef might be on a particular segment or if a certain bartender might be around.

No matter how helpful I would want to be, I wouldn't spend so much my time posting full menus every day.

I know the responses to this will be that people want to know what's going on, but to offer so much personal detail seems like a bit of overkill to me.

Got to be some more interesting things to do with one's life....but the more I read Cruise Critic, I suppose not.

I imagine that the social networks have pretty much intruded into everyone's lives, but the difficulty is to avoid them....

I must admit that I enjoy the little details. A review from a newbie is always very differently focused than a review from a repeater. There is no point in TC telling us about the various lounges etc as we know most of that.

Edited by Emdee

Not to change the discussion, but I do not like any cruise ships toilet paper.

tourguide

Marine grade toilet tissue has to be fast dissolving in order not to plug systems too easily. It is the same on all ships, large or small, cruising or freighter.......Just a point of information.

You are correct...

...Responder, some posters are just plain funny when you read their posts and see how far off course and senseless they are.....No names given and certainly none implied...!

You are correct...

I am an avid facebook poster - mostly for business. But when I travel - I don't want to have my customers knowing that I am gone. And when I am spending $$$$$ on a cruise - same thing. I want to enjoy the time onboard.

It doesn't mean I won't peek every few days.

As I have been around CC for over 10 years, I have watched the nature of the Radisson/Regent board change a great deal. I don't post a whole lot any more. I am not fond of change - most of us like the familiar. This isn't the same old friendly place it once was.

Edited by ChatKat in Ca.

Not to change the discussion, but I do not like any cruise ships toilet paper.

tourguide

That's ok. Paper is made that way for easier travel through the system. Lite, thin, and not very absorbent:eek: Oh yea. Also the texture of sandpaper.

I am an avid facebook poster - mostly for business. But when I travel - I don't want to have my customers knowing that I am gone. And when I am spending $$$$$ on a cruise - same thing. I want to enjoy the time onboard.

It doesn't mean I won't peek every few days.

As I have been around CC for over 10 years, I have watched the nature of the Radisson/Regent board change a great deal. I don't post a whole lot any more. I am not fond of change - most of us like the familiar. This isn't the same old friendly place it once was.

:) I understand your post completely and yes, this particular board can be very contentious. As to the why, I leave that judgement to others as I have my own opinion and it shall remain mine. I tend to post in spurts on this board due to the fact so many posts are fact vs. fiction vs. opinion...I also monitor and post on the OCEANIA board. It is surprising as to how different the Oceania board is compared to the Regent board. Different hosts probably makes a good bit of the difference along with the lack of a few posters from this board. I am platinum with Regent but we also do at least one Oceania cruise per year. Both lines are similar and yet quite different in the passenger demgraphic, just as their boards are very different. Ironic IMHO.....:D

Edited by AWED23

QUOTE---along with the 80% of NYC residents who have a compulsion to tell ME how I should live.

After this statement you then present your list of how others should live.

Edited by jimdalva

Get upset with people who sneak off at the end of an excursion and don' t tip the guide and the driver. Often have seen the person taking the most of the guide's times do this.

I agree with you. I saw it often and shame on this people

Time to add some of my pet hates:

- people who fulminate, amongst other things, about the use of perfectly functional words in our rich English language.

- people who degrade the English language by not using perfectly good words - for example, using "one time" when the correct usage in "once" (one-time has a subtly different meaning"

- British people or companies who use American spellings whether through trendiness or ignorance

- greengrocers' apostrophes

- being addressed as "you guys"

- the disgusting habit of eating with only a fork - mash the food around, shovel it up and stuff it in

- people who keep their rucksacks when, for example, boarding a plane - especially when they turn around without due regard and the rucksack bashes you in the face

- people who use Ipads to take photographs whilst they block the view of other people

- people who leave trolleys in the middle of supermarket aisles whilst they wander off elsewhere

Just a small selection, you understand!

- people who fulminate, amongst other things, about the use of perfectly functional words in our rich English language.

- people who degrade the English language by not using perfectly good words - for example, using "one time" when the correct usage in "once" (one-time has a subtly different meaning"

- British people or companies who use American spellings whether through trendiness or ignorance

- the disgusting habit of eating with only a fork - mash the food around, shovel it up and stuff it in

- people who keep their rucksacks when, for example, boarding a plane - especially when they turn around without due regard and the rucksack bashes you in the face

- people who use Ipads to take photographs whilst they block the view of other people

- people who leave trolleys in the middle of supermarket aisles whilst they wander off elsewhere

Well this has gotten somewhat OT as far as cruise beefs, but one beef with your list. Eating habits and utensils vary throughout the world, and this is true even in the Western world. Many Americans, particularly, do not eat with their fork firmly in their left hand and their knife in their right; they cut their food and then switch the fork to the right, leaving the knife unused. Some even cut their food with their fork and use their knife only to butter their bread. I don't think we should judge people on this kind of habit. (Although I was brought up in Canada to use the European mode, but so what?)

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Wendy, you are spot on with your comments. For example: In Asia they slurp their noodles and soup and drink the broth from the boul. In Africa in rural areas they eat with their hands. All different parts of the world have their own eating customs. Who made the Brit's the law of the land how to eat.

Edited by Suite Travels

This is such a pompous post.:rolleyes:

In the interest of getting back on track:

-Piling on enough food on your plate to feed and army then not eating it all. Worse yet, going back for seconds.

-Older gentlemen who think their eyebrows or nose hairs should be long enough for a comb over. How do you kiss your significant other with that tuft sticking out and looking like Salvador Dali?

-Talking loudly in a restaurant. This happened quite a bit in Prime 7 and usually from the same gentleman who wanted to make sure everyone heard what he had to say (BTW, the dude was a New Yorker).

-Hating the New York Yankees.

-Liking the red sox.

-Assuming everone should speak English. This includes my stars and stripes wearing, heavily accented, spanish speaking mom.:D

-Those who chew tobacco or dip snuff in public and leave their spit cup next to my rum and coke and walking away. Doesn't taste the same.:eek:

-Incredibly loyal and dedicated cat lovers (Woof!):D

Z and TB

Edited by Zqueeze1