Things I Don't Like!

pingpong1

Rachel G I feel your pain. I love it when your reading your tablet (formally a book) and they have to lay on it while your reading it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Most of my typos are due to that happening.

Did someone mention those who chat all through the muster drill? And, then have the audacity to be seriously miffed when the crew reminds the group to pay attention.

Ooops....wrong cruiseline. Forgot we have it in the showlounge!!

TedC and Pingpong1,

I was born in Rochester (yes, I know how to say it correctly). Am I included?

Peggy

MOST welcomed and included!!! Our winters build character - at least I hope so!

Had to laugh about cats creating typos. I thought only my cats did that. I don't like when my cat sits on my chest at 4:00 a.m because he is hungry.

Don't like people who are sick and do not cover their mouth when they cough or their nose when they sneeze. The only sneezes that I allow in my face are from my cats!

Well our four legged friends cannot use a tissue.

My pet peeve is when I go to the men's room and see people not washing their hands and going back to the dining room or shaking hands with other people. Not that they don'even bother to use the handle tissues to open the bathroom door.

On a crusie ship we are OCD about this and airplanes and hotels. Now we do carry Lysol with us and clean our suite before we leave the room.

One Christmas cruise on Crystal everybody was hacking and most of us were sick. It took me a month to get over it.

Cartoon I saw showed a flashing sign above men's room: "You didn't wash your hands!"

Not a Bad IDEA!!!

My biggest NO NO is those who have a BAD habit of licking their fingers and then pass the condiments, bread basket etc! UGH!!!!

And we all worry about E-CIGS being dangerous to ones health. Worry more about Norovirus and your fellow passengers who bring it onboard and do not observe being clean or come onboard sick and spreading the cold illness to others. We all should just live in a bubble to protect ourselves from everything.

Women who are afraid to sit on the toilet seat so instead stand over it and leave their pee all over the seat and don't have the common courtesy to wipe up after themselves. Please ladies!

People who spit in the pool and especially those who clear their throat and hock a lugey into the pool So disgusting!

People who lean their airplane seat all the back right after take off and leave it that way the WHOLE trip.

Hogs of airplane seat arms.....the middle person deserves one.

The person on the bulkhead trying to put their carryon under their seat which is where my carryon goes.

Kids kicking my seat.

I think I have flying issues😳.

Agree, can't handle it when another passenger on an aircraft has no idea about the impact of leaning their chair all the way back, have frequently found that they are usually the first to complain about someone else doing the same to them.

My pet peeve on cruises are people who like to make sure that everyone knows how wealthy they are. On my Navigator Panama Transit the wife of one couple was frequently telling everyone about their wealth, the strange thing was that she seemed to have only two outfits. Maybe they made their money by saving on clothes :)

MOST welcomed and included!!! Our winters build character - at least I hope so!

Boy, if you guys/gals don't have character at the end of the next few days, might as well give up on y'all! Just thought I'd throw that Texas "dig" in before we get our blast tomorrow.....then will we have character???

Oh, where to begin.....

People who equate money with class and brag about their wealth, little realising how UNclassy that makes them.

Rude, arrogant people who berate and belittle wait staff, stewards, and other crew who have no right of reply even though I'm sure they are sorely tempted sometimes.

The same people are often the culprits in both the above categories.

Unruly kids and the parents who fail to deal with them, often because they don't see a problem with the havoc their precious snowflakes create.

Door slammers and LOUD conversations in the hallway at 2am.

Balcony lights - PLEASE turn them OFF when you go to bed.

There IS a basic elevator etiquette, please observe it.

If you are sick, especially gastro or some kind of respiratory virus, please medicate and stay in your room, especially if you think that washing your hands in hot, soapy water will somehow dissolve them. If you don't wash your hands after visiting the bathroom you are a feral, pure and simple.

If you are sick, especially gastro or some kind of respiratory virus, please medicate and stay in your room, especially if you think that washing your hands in hot, soapy water will somehow dissolve them. If you don't wash your hands after visiting the bathroom you are a feral, pure and simple.

Had to respond to this paragraph. People on our cruise have either gastro intestinal issues or colds. They do not stay in their rooms. They come on excursions and cough all over everyone. The illnesses on this cruise have been horrible..... but, the passengers make it worse.

Had to comment on your post, T.C. We went through this last year from Miami-Lima to Buenos Aires. People got on in Lima sick, we were stuck on the ship and on the buses with them hacking and not covering their mouths. They sent one of the women to the Dr. in Lima before we sailed, but brought her back to us. I wish they could have screened them and not allowed them to come on board. Both Cheryl and I got really sick, Greg escaped it. We stayed in our room, I missed the glaciers and the penguins, but didn't want to infect anyone.

I hate to tour with people who set a meeting time to return and then are late - not by a few minutes but by half an hour or if on a cruise tour keep a whole bus load waiting for them.

We were clearly told what time to be back and a foursome was a no show. Even if the bus driver had been willing to wait the rest of us were not having it. You must have had a calmer group of passengers. Was there an emergency?

We were clearly told what time to be back and a foursome was a no show. Even if the bus driver had been willing to wait the rest of us were not having it. You must have had a calmer group of passengers. Was there an emergency?

On a cruise tour, that would be the norm to wait about 10 or so minutes for a straggler. On a river cruise, we had late people - and they waited. On a private tour with a cab waiting and paid for by the hour we had that happen years ago. We were just on Riviera with all private tours and I can say that every single person was so lovely as to be back on time - or early. It was a pleasure.

Get upset with people who sneak off at the end of an excursion and don' t tip the guide and the driver. Often have seen the person taking the most of the guide's times do this.

People who get on the elevator after your group has been waiting and rush on in front of you. Or any other place they do that to you - buffet line, bus etc.

Ironically, our pastor started a new sermon series this past Sunday entitled "How to become the person you don't like". This first installment: "Be Selfish, Not Selfless". The vast majority of stuff mentioned on this thread falls under that category.

I just had the kid kicking me in the back last week on a flight and when I asked the father to ask the child to stop the mother insisted her child would never do that.

The father was a bit sheepish as he had probably noticed it happening and mother was across the aisle.

I hate flying or cruising during the holidays (this is a new hate based on our Christmas - New Years vacation.)

Hate is such a negative word. Are we having second thoughts on your Regent experience? Or future ones? I would like to read your comments on your cruise, besides drink and food menus.

Hate is such a negative word. Are we having second thoughts on your Regent experience? Or future ones? I would like to read your comments on your cruise, besides drink and food menus.

I believe that our experience was holiday and passenger driven. My friend was on a different cruise line and feels the same way I do.

IMO, it wouldn't be fair to share negative feelings as I expect our March cruise -- same ship -- to be wonderful. We need that to happen to get us over this one.

I did mention the pastry chef earlier in this thread. Some people liked the bread and pastry, but we did not. We were comparing items that we have enjoyed for years on Regent that were not worth eating on this cruise. The Director of Food and Beverage had just returned from vacation. Some of the items have been brought back to Regent standards already. I trust that he will correct the issues we had. For newbies, the cheese cake, etc was not horrible... just not up to Regent standards. Actually this belongs on the other thread. Just wanted to respond and don't know how to cut and paste with tablet.