Sunset bar Summit questions

trkmas3122

It's a great bar with a great view on the stern. The food is from the buffet, so you take out there whatever you get from the buffet.

The only problem with it is, it's one of the few smoking areas. On both Summit and Millennium, I couldn't sit out there to eat due to the smokers.

Hi all!

I was wondering a little bit about the sunset bar.

How good is the view?

the food... what kind of food can we expect and how good is it?

Is it overcrowded?

Thanks much!!

It has a great view of the wake. very relaxing.

In terms of crowds, it depends on whether or not it is high traffic times in oceanview cafe. During all major meal times, it does get crowded. otherwise there is a nice flow of passengers and always able to find a place to sit.

The sunset bar is one of our favorite places to sit and relax when not on our balcony.

luckily, the smoking has never bothered us.

It's a great bar with a great view on the stern. The food is from the buffet, so you take out there whatever you get from the buffet.

The only problem with it is, it's one of the few smoking areas. On both Summit and Millennium, I couldn't sit out there to eat due to the smokers.

The smoking is only allowed on one side -- the other side is non-smoking.

The smoking is only allowed on one side -- the other side is non-smoking.

It doesn't make much difference when there are a dozen or more smokers out there. It's not like there is a partition.

Hopefully this won't be a problem for the op but for me, it was...twice.

In the evenings there used to be a guitar player that was nice. I heard he is gone. I also heard they added steel drums but that is no longer also. I hope this isn't so or they atleast bring one of these back. It was nice listening back there.

The only few times I saw the bar crowded and hard to get a table once was in the afternoon probably mid-late. Other than that, no problem.

It was a good place for our sailaway party, but the smokers kept me away from that area for the rest of the cruise. They had a good guitar player, but I was unable to enjoy him.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:DBob and Phyl

Hopefully the smoking wont be an issue!

thanks for all the feedback!

Smoking is only allowed on the Port side, so in most cases, it's not a problem unless you have some folks smoking at the mid-ships bar. The bartenders won't say anything because their tips depend on friendly customer relations. I usually grab a supervisor to inform people to move back to the Port side.

Hopefully the smoking wont be an issue!

thanks for all the feedback!

There is no way to predict in advance.

It can vary depending on how many smokers are out there at the time and which way the breeze is blowing.

The smoke doesn't understand that it is supposed to stay on the port side of the deck only. ;)

Loved the Sunset Bar!! I didn't have an issue with the smoking on the port side. Sad to hear that the music is gone - but that also seems to be a trend on Celebrity (see references to Michael's Club and the piano player).

Will be onboard again in April!!

We were on the Summit last week for the New Year's sailing. I enjoyed the view from the Sunset Bar and visited it a few times. It is not large and can be very busy at sail away time.

There was no live music at the Sunset Bar from what I saw all last week.

It is true that smoking is permitted only on the port side. Since the area is small, we could smell it on the starboard side and it sometimes was bothersome enough that we left. However, it started to rain a few times and all the smokers came under the small tarp area located directly in front of the actual bar. This made it terrible for anybody who does not enjoy the smell of smoke. This cleared out many of the non-smokers whenever this occurred.

My favorite hangout on the ship. Would be unfortunate if they got rid of the live entertainment. Last March we listened to a great guitarist nightly as well as the occasional steel pans. I'm not a smoker didn't have any issues with the smoke.

There was a guitar player at the sunset bar on the Constellation just last week, I didn't here him but other we were with did and said he was great.

It was hard to get a seat on the non-smoking side at some times but great location for sailaway

Whenever I see a thread that mentions the "Sunset Bar" I immediately think of the S-Class ship.

On the M-Class it's referred to as the Oceanview Bar, which is back aft of the buffet area on Deck 10. Sunset Bar on S-Class is located on Deck 15.

On another thread someone mentioned he couldn't find a place to smoke his cigar at the Sunset Bar because it was too crowded. I was a little surprised because the Sunset Bar smoking area is a huge section on the port side. Later I learned he was referring to an M-Class ship, and it was completely understandable. It's a very small area on the M-Class